[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

derkaiser94

Reaction score
Always been a PC gamer but really tempted to buy a ps4 for GOW. Do you guys think it’s worth it? Somebody talk me out of it please :s13:

Last edited:

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
gow dun have day 1 dlc??
The game director already said no season pass, no DLC planned. But I heard there are a couple of areas blocked off, so maybe there is still chance for expansion like the HZD one? At least fans are hoping they do so. The HZD expansion, the Witcher 3 expansions, these are universally praised DLCs with substantial contents, not the usual cash grab, cut content out from finished game to sell to you separately type of DLCs. Reading some of the comments above, looks like the industry is in such a sorry state that players are suspicious when a company doesn't milk with tons of DLCs, loot boxes, microtransactions :(.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Well said. There’s nothing wrong in DLCs if they have a huge amount of content. The 2 games you cited are definitely the benchmark for DLC. Those additional costumes or characters are utter rubbish.

The game director already said no season pass, no DLC planned. But I heard there are a couple of areas blocked off, so maybe there is still chance for expansion like the HZD one? At least fans are hoping they do so. The HZD expansion, the Witcher 3 expansions, these are universally praised DLCs with substantial contents, not the usual cash grab, cut content out from finished game to sell to you separately type of DLCs. Reading some of the comments above, looks like the industry is in such a sorry state that players are suspicious when a company doesn't milk with tons of DLCs, loot boxes, microtransactions :(.

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Always been a PC gamer but really tempted to buy a ps4 for GOW. Do you guys think it’s worth it? Somebody talk me out of it please :s13:

What genre of games do you play? Maybe we can help you see if it's worth it. Don't think you just wanna get the console for 1 game yeah?

derkaiser94

Reaction score
What genre of games do you play? Maybe we can help you see if it's worth it. Don't think you just wanna get the console for 1 game yeah?

I’m a big fan of open world (gta) games or semi open world games mainly. But I’m open to trying new genres provided the game in question is well received by critics and fans. However if I do buy the console, it will be primarily for GOW.

Alternatively I could also purchase it, finish god of war and resell the console. Not sure how much a ps4 pro can fetch but I’m quite happy to take a $1-200 hit for the game. That’s how desperately I want to play this haha.

Feedbacks are welcome

Last edited:

ElZedHaitch

Reaction score
I’m a big fan of open world (gta) games or semi open world games mainly. But I’m open to trying new genres provided the game in question is well received by critics and fans.

Alternatively I could also purchase it, finish god of war and resell the console. Not sure how much a ps4 pro can fetch but I’m quite happy to take a $1-200 hit for the game. That’s how desperately I want to play this haha.

Feedbacks are welcome

I bought a ps4 slim last year. Played persona bloodbourne, still have quite a few exclusives I have not played like yakuza, horizon zero dawn,uncharted. I would say it's worth it just for exclusives.

mliolukiye

Reaction score

I think maybe you can play a bit more first (other than GOW) before letting the console go. Open world - AC Origins, Horizon Zero Dawn, Monster Hunter World , MGSV (semi) etc and action adventure - Uncharted, The Last of Us etc. Not that I've played all of them but this few (other titles too, at least not short of games) should make your console purchase worthwhile. Exclusives yes too.

"Greatness Awaits" Go get your PS4 PRO soon. Haha.

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m a big fan of open world (gta) games or semi open world games mainly. But I’m open to trying new genres provided the game in question is well received by critics and fans. However if I do buy the console, it will be primarily for GOW.

Feedbacks are welcome

PS4 has a HUGE library of exclusives, especially now since the console has matured.

tidess

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do I need to play previous installments of gow to fully understand what's going on in the latest?

no
gow3 ended kratos story and he killed most of the gods alr
now kill new gods of new religion

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Do I need to play previous installments of gow to fully understand what's going on in the latest?

SPOILERS!

You can watch the GOW story so far.
GOW3 is the best before PS4 GOW, IMHO. You can still give it a go - GOW3 HD remastered. :s17:

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Feedbacks are welcome
PS4 is the bomb for action adventure games. Go for it!

qwertified

Reaction score

Feedbacks are welcome

Very easy ah, just go for those high meta score ones, like horizon zero dawn, uncharted 4 (best to play uncharted collection first), the last of us remastered, even until dawn i would recommend there's no game like it on PC. After that if you want to try infamous 2nd son and 1st light also not bad but that game rather short if you chiong story only.

qwertified

Reaction score
Detroit become human demo available at US PSN store 12:01am ET, April 24 (our time should be 12pm later). Not sure about other stores.

qwertified

Reaction score
how is this 'don't dare to experiment' ...it's a total revamp of the past GoW...

also, they have other 1st party exclusives that's not like the 'type' you mentioned...spider-man, ghost of tsushima, Detroit, Dreams and obviously more that's not announced.

Pumping out another 'hero shooter' or battle royale with lots of 'card packs', that'll be the 'safe'. Releasing single player only games without DLC or card packs is daring in this day & age IMO.

Hero shooter or battle royale is totally new to sony if they ever want to try it. Following the trend doesn't mean play safe, its actually worse because others have done it to death, people will compare and if yours aren't to their taste in any way, thats it ghost town. Multiplayer game no one play is gone case.

Doing single player only games has always sell for sony, the last of us and recently horizon is a very good example. So they would focus more on that, even the style of it, i.e. don't dare to experiment. They are sticking to what works for them, even though its not the trend nowadays. Of all the SP genres, 3rd person adventure is the best cause the game length not so long so the storytelling can be more immersive, if rpg the story can often stretch too thin until become forgotten they probably won't do it too much work. Its not easy to pull off a witcher 3.

Last edited:

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a few hours in into GOW and I'm amazed by the epic battle with "Stranger"! Reminds me of 1 to 1 fist fight in past games. Can't wait to play more to see what's next. Happy that they steer into a different direction, when ascension came out it was great but the formula becomes a little stale.
combat after the 2nd half of the game becomes pretty crazy...you haven't see anything yet..

also, this is a long long LONG game....at least 20-25 hours just for the main quest. Add another 15 hours if you want OCD and want to complete every optional quest.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.