[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
But my PS+ account is US, so any dlc must buy from US PSN. If game not R1 cannot buy from US PSN, right?
If game is R1, you need US account to buy its DLCs. If game is R3, you need R3/SG account to buy its DLCs. (Some games R3 and R1 are compatible, some games R3 and R2 are compatible.)

It has nothing to do with your PS+ account's region. Your PS+ is a US account, you can still buy R3 game, and buy DLCs using a R3/SG account. Then play using SG account or US account, both can play R3 games, PS4 games are not region locked. PS+ is not needed to buy DLCs.

Some games' DLCs can only be played using the account that bought the DLC, like those microtransaction DLCs (like for free-to-play games). For those cases, you do need to buy the correct region game, corresponding to your account that is playing the game. Other than that, no region lock.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If game is R1, you need US account to buy its DLCs. If game is R3, you need R3/SG account to buy its DLCs. (Some games R3 and R1 are compatible, some games R3 and R2 are compatible.)

It has nothing to do with your PS+ account's region. Your PS+ is a US account, you can still buy R3 game, and buy DLCs using a R3/SG account. Then play using SG account or US account, both can play R3 games, PS4 games are not region locked. PS+ is not needed to buy DLCs.

Some games' DLCs can only be played using the account that bought the DLC, like those microtransaction DLCs (like for free-to-play games). For those cases, you do need to buy the correct region game, corresponding to your account that is playing the game. Other than that, no region lock.
So if I prefer to have my purchases locked to my US account, I have to get the R1 version right? Otherwise I have to create a SG account if I do it the way you mentioned, right?

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
So if I prefer to have my purchases locked to my US account, I have to get the R1 version right? Otherwise I have to create a SG account if I do it the way you mentioned, right?
You should create multiple accounts - SG, US, UK, Japan etc. (See the sticky thread on how to create.)

For example, if you buy a R2 game (local stores like to bring in R2 cos they are cheaper), you will need UK account to buy DLCs for the R2 game. (Interesting fact: R2/Europe/UK games are more expensive on day 1 but they drop in price quickly there. Somehow local importers are able to source from there at lower cost so R2 is cheaper in SG. However the DLC prices are still expensive. So keep that in mind if you plan to buy DLCs, don't buy R2 cos the game is cheaper, then end up paying more on DLCs.) Note that other region stores won't accept your SG credit card/paypal, so you need to buy psn cards (which is very easy to do digitally, and no mark up, you pay the same price as its value).

Even if you don't buy anything from those psn stores, you should still create the accounts for those countries, cos you can download free demos. Also, if you buy R1/R2/R3 games, there may be code inside for free DLCs, you will need to have the correct region account to claim them.

After creating all the different region accounts, login to each account, do this: Settings > Account Management > Activate as Your Primary PS4 > Activate (repeat for every account; yes, all accounts can have the same ps4 as their primary ps4). This way any account can share digital stuffs they own with any other account on the same ps4. (btw this assumes you only have 1 ps4.)

This will free you from sticking to one region only. You can buy from R1/R2/R3 as you like, going for the cheapest (especially for digital psn store sales). Then just use whichever account you want to play all the games. It's is better to just use one account to play, cos you can accumulate trophies on the same account. (Use your PS+ account, cos it has cloud save.) (Do note that some games are account locked, as mentioned earlier.)

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But from what I've observed the US PSN have the most offers, which is why I chose it as my main in the first place. I have no interest in demos from other regions - already not enough time to play the games bought, where got time for demos? :)

Whizdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hrYj9yel.jpg

Hoot lahhhh.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Polard44

Reaction score
Telltale games got to be careful when buying physical copy. A lot of their games they started selling physical copy when only episode 1 is out. So the physical disc only has episode 1, the rest are digital download (meaning only the first hand owner get them, the code won't work for second hand cos already used).

Telltale are best games, but the thing releasing episode one by one is not good, they should release the complete season at a time.

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yytkVm7l.jpg

must remember to download after reaching home

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.