[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
15dmkpl.jpg

Elysium87

Reaction score
Confirm if the base is the Asia 1 I compatible with a us dlc. Tried and tested. I bought mine physically in sg so l l have to wait for the dlc

just check the back of your game cover and see it state R1 R2 or R3. All 3 can be bought physically in sg.

SiaoAngMoh

Reaction score

Thanks. Voucher doesn't work for pre orders. I wonder does this mean Red Dead won't be available on the Singapore PS store on the 28th. Can't see them allowing a 15% discount on a new AAA title.

Only issue with purchasing it online will be the 105GB download :s22:

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Voucher doesn't work for pre orders. I wonder does this mean Red Dead won't be available on the Singapore PS store on the 28th. Can't see them allowing a 15% discount on a new AAA title.

Only issue with purchasing it online will be the 105GB download :s22:

does not work for all pre-orders not only red dead 2. red dead 2 is available to purchase on asia psn store on 28th. if you want you can po now.

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score
Check your mail tied to your US PSN account. Just received 10 USD credit from them.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Any confirmation that it will be 2 discs?
Not confirmed but very likely. There's a shot of the Japanese cover that shows 2 discs, but it may be fake.

The digital version takes up 99GB after installation. However you need 50GB more during installation, so you need 149GB free space to begin with. (Pre-loading starts today.)

Presumably the disc version will still install everything to hard disk, with the physical disc in the drive for authentication purpose only. Even if the disc contains 99GB, that's over the BD50 (single sided, double layer) capacity of the blu-ray disc. I don't see them going BD100 (double sided, double layer), so it should be 2 discs.

It is possible to go 1 disc, by only having part of the game on physical disc and the rest downloaded - kinda like how a lot of big game on the Switch works. But they do that on Switch cos the cartridges are expensive, here blu-ray discs are cheap, so more likely to go 2 discs.

Either way, the game will continue to be patched and expanded, so the HDD footprint will grow. I won't be surprised if there is Day 1 patch of 40GB (which means the '1 disc + download' scenario isn't be such a big deal, since you have to download a ton anyway).

Reaction score

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score
Not confirmed but very likely. There's a shot of the Japanese cover that shows 2 discs, but it may be fake.

The digital version takes up 99GB after installation. However you need 50GB more during installation, so you need 149GB free space to begin with. (Pre-loading starts today.)

Presumably the disc version will still install everything to hard disk, with the physical disc in the drive for authentication purpose only. Even if the disc contains 99GB, that's over the BD50 (single sided, double layer) capacity of the blu-ray disc. I don't see them going BD100 (double sided, double layer), so it should be 2 discs.

It is possible to go 1 disc, by only having part of the game on physical disc and the rest downloaded - kinda like how a lot of big game on the Switch works. But they do that on Switch cos the cartridges are expensive, here blu-ray discs are cheap, so more likely to go 2 discs.

Either way, the game will continue to be patched and expanded, so the HDD footprint will grow. I won't be surprised if there is Day 1 patch of 40GB (which means the '1 disc + download' scenario isn't be such a big deal, since you have to download a ton anyway).
Oh Ya I saw the Japan photo also. Brings back the old days of "please insert disc 2" if it's true.

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score

Correct. Tips and tricks, it works for all 'purchases'. Since you can't pre-order Red Dead Redemption 2, the code can be used when RDR 2 releases on the 26th. Since the code is usable until Oct 31st.

So we can use the code to buy the game at a cheaper price. Just tried applying the code on Black Ops 4, it turns that overpriced multiplayer game from $76 for the standard edition to $60+.

Will be using the code to buy both games when Red Dead Redemption 2 releases on PSN. Remember. Not as a pre-order but purchase.

JMR5BQD4B4

For easy copy and paste.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

tansux

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any one has any recommendation , website or shops to get affordable games , nvm 2nd hand or 1st hand game ,I just bought a PS4 slim yesterday and haven play a console since ps2

what are the necessary accessory to get?

i already have a Dobe stand charger / console stand , rubber grip for the buttons, extra controller

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any one has any recommendation , website or shops to get affordable games , nvm 2nd hand or 1st hand game ,I just bought a PS4 slim yesterday and haven play a console since ps2

what are the necessary accessory to get?

i already have a Dobe stand charger / console stand , rubber grip for the buttons, extra controller

no need accessories.

carosell for 2nd hand or u dun mind waiting will be those sites like shopee or lazada.

if u dun care about selling, can get digital from psn.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.