[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score
Normally I would say go digital for such a big game that you can play for a long long time - you don't want to keep swapping disc when you play something else and you don't want the disc to be in the drive all the time, anyway it will take like 100GB on the HDD regardless digital or physical.

But quite a few ppl here already abandoned the game after a short while. You need to know that this has a lot of simulation element in it. Things are slow (skinning animation etc), too many things to micromanage, and so on. A lot of the attention to details (which results in the game being more simulation than arcade) gets in the way of gameplay, especially for players who don't have much time to play every day. (Check out some youtube reviews, like Jim Sterling's which I posted earlier in this thread.)

Consider whether you will be ok with that. If you think there is a chance you will not like playing a simulation, might want to go physical so that you can sell it.
Why don't want disc to be in the drive all the time?

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Why don't want disc to be in the drive all the time?
It's more a personal habit, I just like to return things back to where they were after use. But I did leave discs in players before for a long time and they get coated with, I don't know dust or vapor (like if you breath on a cd) or what, but need to wipe off. Granted those are mostly normal tray drive cd/dvd players, not an enclosed slot drive like the PS4 where dust is less likely to get in. I did used to leave my Dragon's Dogma disc in PS3, which is also slot drive, and had to wipe it after months. There's also, probably irrational, fear of things like heat (in an enclosed unit that heats up, cools down, heats up), moisture (moisture plus heat), and maybe will scratch the disc if move the console, or the disc will scratch the laser head if moved, and so on. Well, no real case of actual damage, just preference I guess.

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score
It's more a personal habit, I just like to return things back to where they were after use. But I did leave discs in players before for a long time and they get coated with, I don't know dust or vapor (like if you breath on a cd) or what, but need to wipe off. Granted those are mostly normal tray drive cd/dvd players, not an enclosed slot drive like the PS4 where dust is less likely to get in. I did used to leave my Dragon's Dogma disc in PS3, which is also slot drive, and had to wipe it after months. There's also, probably irrational, fear of things like heat (in an enclosed unit that heats up, cools down, heats up), moisture (moisture plus heat), and maybe will scratch the disc if move the console, or the disc will scratch the laser head if moved, and so on. Well, no real case of actual damage, just preference I guess.
I see. I tot it will help prolong the longevity of the disc drive or sth.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
3471076-screen+shot+2018-12-05+at+9.10.57+am.png

FerdBrown

Reaction score
My PS4 Pro sounds like a jet engine when I use certain titles (NBA 2K19, looking at you).

Should I buy these things called PS4 Pro cooking fan? Do you use it and how’s it like? Is the fan noisy? Should I get one too?

dlwk_cal

Reaction score
New updates for Red Dead Online.

Players who have taken part in the Red Dead Online beta (from Nov. 27 through midnight PST Dec. 6) will receive $250 of in-game cash and 15 gold bars. Rockstar says those freebies will start hitting today.

Remember to login. (PST midnight is our 12 pm afternoon if i'm not wrong)

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Uncharted 4 is on sale. Around $20 only. Should get?

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

Just get..

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.