[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score
gamewerkz . just change chip...else would be even more expensive changing the motherboard.
Is that why they can't guarantee will work after replacing chip? Coz know most of the time when motherboard is changed, it will work.

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is that why they can't guarantee will work after replacing chip? Coz know most of the time when motherboard is changed, it will work.

if after replacing the chip doesn't work, there won't be any charges.

changing chip is cheaper than replacing the whole motherboard. That's what happen to my MacBook Pro, one of the chip fried and just replacing it instead of the whole motherboard. and its working fine till now.

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score
if after replacing the chip doesn't work, there won't be any charges.

changing chip is cheaper than replacing the whole motherboard. That's what happen to my MacBook Pro, one of the chip fried and just replacing it instead of the whole motherboard. and its working fine till now.
Ahh okay. Then better liddat. When I read your previous post I tot is after you paid and all then it might not work.

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm. how to transfer save game from a faulty PS4 pro to another set?

can i swap the hard disk instead?

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmm. how to transfer save game from a faulty PS4 pro to another set?

can i swap the hard disk instead?
Cannot swap HDD. HDD taken from one PS4 cannot be read in another PS4, if inserted into another PS4, will be prompted to format. (Actually I haven't tried on PS4, that's how it works on PS3, so presumably the same.)

You have PS+ rt? Should have automatic upload to Cloud unless you disabled it or didn't leave your PS4 in rest mode.

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cannot swap HDD. HDD taken from one PS4 cannot be read in another PS4, if inserted into another PS4, will be prompted to format. (Actually I haven't tried on PS4, that's how it works on PS3, so presumably the same.)

You have PS+ rt? Should have automatic upload to Cloud unless you disabled it or didn't leave your PS4 in rest mode.

i have PS+.. does it auto upload to cloud? i never check that b4. :s13:

ZeroTear

Master Member
Reaction score

if not wrong u can move it manually. it seem like it is auto upload to cloud as long as u r connected to PSN account.
again i not 100% sure as i did manually trf while i had mine ps3
i wld assume it the same for ps4 as well

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
I believe the auto-upload is defaulted to On. Do you leave your PS4 in rest mode all the time?

[Settings] > [Power Save Settings] > [Set Features Available in Rest Mode]
- check [Stay Connected to the Internet]
- check [Enable Automatic Uploads]

I think I've encountered situations when it also auto-uploads when the PS4 is still on (not too sure though, it might be when I was switching accounts, and it uploads saves on the account that's logged out, even though the PS4 itself is not in rest mode).

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe the auto-upload is defaulted to On. Do you leave your PS4 in rest mode all the time?

[Settings] > [Power Save Settings] > [Set Features Available in Rest Mode]
- check [Stay Connected to the Internet]
- check [Enable Automatic Uploads]

I think I've encountered situations when it also auto-uploads when the PS4 is still on (not too sure though, it might be when I was switching accounts, and it uploads saves on the account that's logged out, even though the PS4 itself is not in rest mode).

yah. i leave it in rest mode all the time

now is to decide get replacement set (2nd hand) or repair....or stop playing :s13:

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
yah. i leave it in rest mode all the time

now is to decide get replacement set (2nd hand) or repair....or stop playing :s13:
I assume you have quite a lot of digital games (PS+ or purchased). Since 1 psn account can only reside on 2 sets of PS4 consoles (and 2x PS3 and 2x Vita), the dead PS4 is taking up 1 slot unnecessarily. You need to reclaim it.

You can go here:
https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/liquid/cam/devices/device-list.action

Select "Playstation systems". There is a "deactivate all" button at the bottom. Not sure whether that will deactivate your PS3 and Vita as well (if you have those). Might need to reactivate those manually. (I think you can only do "deactivate all" once in 6 months or something.) Will have to do this for every account you had on that dead PS4. Or you can probably contact Sony's support to deactivate for you but that could be tedious if you have many accounts in many regions.

PS. I have not tried this before, not sure if "deactivate" actually means what I think it means (ie. reclaim 1 slot).

PS. Of cos if you repair it (and the repair works), you won't have to do this.

Last edited:

mliolukiye

Reaction score
I just bought Sekiro 2nd hand but haven't tried it. My friend beat the 1st boss in 30+ tries and subsequently got stuck for a few days.

The seller who sold me his mint copy said, "TOO TOUGH" while shaking his head with an overwhelmed expression.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just bought Sekiro 2nd hand but haven't tried it. My friend beat the 1st boss in 30+ tries and subsequently got stuck for a few days.

The seller who sold me his mint copy said, "TOO TOUGH" while shaking his head with an overwhelmed expression.

need to use stealth and don't make alot of noises.

kiryu86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

its actually pretty tough.

they need to put in some difficulties settings, otherwise people will burn out very soon. and throw the game aside or sell it away before completing.

i nv like games that too hard.

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How is the difficult level as compared to GoW?
Assuming normal difficulty boss fight say vs the Valkyrie Queen

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.