[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How is the difficult level as compared to GoW?
Assuming normal difficulty boss fight say vs the Valkyrie Queen

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

lets say valkyrie queen difficulty is level 1 then sekiro will be level 6. valkyrie queen isn't difficult at all. if you find it difficult means you seriously underleveled so go level up your amour and stuffs etc.

so far easiest among souls game is bloodborne.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its actually pretty tough.

they need to put in some difficulties settings, otherwise people will burn out very soon. and throw the game aside or sell it away before completing.

i nv like games that too hard.

they make such games for masochist hardcore gamers who just want to torture themselves. not really for the casual ones.

mliolukiye

Reaction score
lets say valkyrie queen difficulty is level 1 then sekiro will be level 6. valkyrie queen isn't difficult at all. if you find it difficult means you seriously underleveled so go level up your amour and stuffs etc.

Level 6? Oh my. I rem I took 2hrs+ (upgraded everything already sia) to beat Q.Valkyrie but once you master all the counters for her possible attacks, throw axe when she's in air etc, it becomes manageable.

Sekiro - I shall see it for myself tonight 死 。

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Valkyrie queen is only easy on normal mode, she is very tough on hard or GMGOW mode.

I think Sekiro is not very difficult for players who usually play games like GoW on the higher difficulties, the parry timing is actually quite generous, most players make the mistake of not blocking and trying to late parry when they can easily hold block most of the time and try to early parry.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
From what I see, most people say Sekiro is harder, but some say it's easier (I remember IGN saying it's more forgiving). It seems to depend on one thing: whether you like and are good at parrying. If you can't block, deflect and counterattack, you are going to have a hard time. Some call Sekiro a Tenchu sequel, so stealth plays a large part too.

Reaction score
I just bought Sekiro 2nd hand but haven't tried it. My friend beat the 1st boss in 30+ tries and subsequently got stuck for a few days.

The seller who sold me his mint copy said, "TOO TOUGH" while shaking his head with an overwhelmed expression.

shag sia like that, was thinking to buy it when i saw the trailer:s22:

tough n time consuming games i will just play abit n give up liao like persona series from atlus

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
tough n time consuming games i will just play abit n give up liao like persona series from atlus
Wait, Persona series not tough lah. Since it's RPG, if cannot beat a dungeon, just level up more. The only issue is that it's old school, so you can't just save game anywhere, but I think you can just put PS4 in rest mode, next time come back can continue exactly where you left off.

kiryu86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they make such games for masochist hardcore gamers who just want to torture themselves. not really for the casual ones.

perhaps as a student like 20 years back, i can still play the game n slowly enjoy it,

working adult really had a hard time on this, get very impatient fast, and play awhile just wan to sleep liao lol

i did not even complete bloodbourne since day 1 purchase till now. lol

but i did complete dark soul series and demon souls, back then still quite relax

dark soul 3 was easy tho.

i think i better stick to shooter games for now, currently i just finish far cry 5, ending abit no head no tail, going to continue new dawn tonight for the sequel.

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
as we grow older so do our reflexes deteriorate, so those split second timing become harder to time and with not much practise, it gets harder.

perhaps as a student like 20 years back, i can still play the game n slowly enjoy it,

working adult really had a hard time on this, get very impatient fast, and play awhile just wan to sleep liao lol

i did not even complete bloodbourne since day 1 purchase till now. lol

but i did complete dark soul series and demon souls, back then still quite relax

dark soul 3 was easy tho.

i think i better stick to shooter games for now, currently i just finish far cry 5, ending abit no head no tail, going to continue new dawn tonight for the sequel.

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Especially when you have kid(s), 1 hour per night is considered not bad already. Just gotta be really selective about what you are going to play and make it count. RPGs require higher levels of commitment.

shengliang1981

Reaction score
more difficult than soulsbourne series ?

Completed bloodborne and dark souls 3 previously, halfway through sekiro now (right before great shinobi owl). From my opinion, sekiro is much harder especialy the bosses and mini bosses as my parrying is very bad. Nevertheless really enjoying the game very much.

rza29

Master Member
Reaction score
1 hr per night wife dont make noise will be good. Normally have to spend time with kids n wife. By then sleeping time no strength to play game. Anyway I have many uncompleted games. Haha..still playing GoW, spiderman add ons not completed yet and I just ordered Days Gone yesterday. So little time. Smore I have free games from psn too. Download only. Also bought some games during psn sales. How to finish so many games for working adultS

Especially when you have kid(s), 1 hour per night is considered not bad already. Just gotta be really selective about what you are going to play and make it count. RPGs require higher levels of commitment.

Corytu

Reaction score
are paddles a big plus for Overwatch?
https://sg.comparee.com/blog/productdiscovery/toysandgames/strike-pack-ps4-vs-scuf-controller-ps4
6xSSg4w.jpg

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
World War Z looks pretty fun. Quite different from Days Gone, which comes later this month. This one reminds me of Zombie Army Trilogy (from Sniper Elite dev), and of cos, L4D. It's a US$40 title, probably 5 hrs playthrough (of cos can continue leveling up and replaying different difficulty). Offline single-player with bots, online co-op (bots fill slots if not enough players), or online PvP.

ACG: "buy"

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Parrying is so satisfying in Sekiro. I love it, that is if you execute it successfully. Haha. I struggled at the minibosses (haven't even reach Boss yet, oh man) but it's all part of the learning curve. Saving the game respawns all enemies! Really forces you to learn.

I like such combat because you need to watch patiently and react (fast!) accordingly (put my reflexes to the test) and not just anyhow whack. Alternating between offense and defense, balanced and well paced. Never played Souls-borne type of games before. It's really tough for a first timer but I'm enjoying it.

mliolukiye

Reaction score
1 hr per night wife dont make noise will be good. Normally have to spend time with kids n wife. By then sleeping time no strength to play game. Anyway I have many uncompleted games. Haha..still playing GoW, spiderman add ons not completed yet and I just ordered Days Gone yesterday. So little time. Smore I have free games from psn too. Download only. Also bought some games during psn sales. How to finish so many games for working adultS

I understand, need support of wife also. It's so difficult to find time but I guess we play a bit is better than playing nothing at all yeah? Haha I focus 1 game at a time, finished RE2 then bought this. Unplayed games collect dust and by the time you really start,it's like heavily discounted. Save up the money!

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Parrying is so satisfying in Sekiro. I love it, that is if you execute it successfully. Haha. I struggled at the minibosses (haven't even reach Boss yet, oh man) but it's all part of the learning curve. Saving the game respawns all enemies! Really forces you to learn.

I like such combat because you need to watch patiently and react (fast!) accordingly (put my reflexes to the test) and not just anyhow whack. Alternating between offense and defense, balanced and well paced. Never played Souls-borne type of games before. It's really tough for a first timer but I'm enjoying it.

this type of game cannot rush through like god of war. need to slowly play and slowly learn the combat moves of enemies. really take alot of time. now i try to finish devil may cry 5 then slowly play this game. this month still got days gone and mortal kombat 11.

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
World War Z looks pretty fun. Quite different from Days Gone, which comes later this month. This one reminds me of Zombie Army Trilogy (from Sniper Elite dev), and of cos, L4D. It's a US$40 title, probably 5 hrs playthrough (of cos can continue leveling up and replaying different difficulty). Offline single-player with bots, online co-op (bots fill slots if not enough players), or online PvP.

ACG: "buy"

Dont see it on steam or window store leh... How to buy on PC? lol :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.