[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
For those using POSB debit card to purchase games from PSN, please take a moment and read what I jsut discovered.

Just had a phone conversation with Sony PlayStation and posb. Here's the story.

I purchased Digimon World Next Order on 12 July, price reflected on psn store and email of transaction is sgd39.95.

Today I checked my bank statement, sgd41.07 was charged.

Called Sony PlayStation, CSO told me they only received sgd39.95 and they said the additional charge was from the bank.

Called posb, (my card is posb debit), CSO told me because the organisation (in this case PlayStation Asia) is based in Tokyo. Hence when I make an online purchase, there's a 2.8% additional charge. Therefore making the total charge sgd41.07.

Wtf.. All the more reason to get physical copy.

SiaoAngMoh

Reaction score
Guys, i know we can expand the capacity by plugging in a portable HDD. Will a Thumbdrive work as well?
Something like this.
1240323048.g_400-w_g.jpg

Yeah should be doable. The requirements are 250GB min, USB3.0 or later.

Edit:
Correction. The requirements for 250GB are after the drive is formatted, and the PS4 will also use ~ 2GB of post formatted storage first. So ... even a 256GB un-formatted drive won't be enough. You'll need a 320GB or 500GB USB key/HDD to do this.

Last edited:

rudylili

Reaction score
Hi there,

The extra surcharge is a conversion rate. Yes, it is rated SGD$39.95, but PSN will have a surcharge of $1.00++.
This apply to credit card as well.

If not wrong, Singapore PSN Store is on Region3 and head office is in Hong Kong. Japan Region is R2.

Do have a look at your online bank statement for which organisation did that deduction.

For those using POSB debit card to purchase games from PSN, please take a moment and read what I jsut discovered.

Just had a phone conversation with Sony PlayStation and posb. Here's the story.

I purchased Digimon World Next Order on 12 July, price reflected on psn store and email of transaction is sgd39.95.

Today I checked my bank statement, sgd41.07 was charged.

Called Sony PlayStation, CSO told me they only received sgd39.95 and they said the additional charge was from the bank.

Called posb, (my card is posb debit), CSO told me because the organisation (in this case PlayStation Asia) is based in Tokyo. Hence when I make an online purchase, there's a 2.8% additional charge. Therefore making the total charge sgd41.07.

rudylili

Reaction score
I reenter upgrading my PS4 hdd using a 64Gb thumbdrive. Is readable.

Yeah should be doable. The requirements are 250GB min, USB3.0 or later.

Edit:
Correction. The requirements for 250GB are after the drive is formatted, and the PS4 will also use ~ 2GB of post formatted storage first. So ... even a 256GB un-formatted drive won't be enough. You'll need a 320GB or 500GB USB key/HDD to do this.

Crimsom

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

The extra surcharge is a conversion rate. Yes, it is rated SGD$39.95, but PSN will have a surcharge of $1.00++.

If not wrong, Singapore PSN Store is on Region3 and head office is in Hong Kong. Japan Region is R2.

Do have a look at your online bank statement for which organisation did that deduction.

Yes. All the while i realize there’s a conversion fee

Last time will show up as playstation HK on my bank statement.

Recently changed to playstation tokyo or something

amuro_kun

Reaction score
Any one encountered ps4 overheating issue? my ps4 displayed the overheating message and then shut down. Despite me turning it back on and not running any game, it will occur again. Im thinking to open it up and clean the fan (since the warranty is over), i hope it can solve the issue.

Any good bro here have any advice? im running the first gen ps4 before the slim came out.

TIA.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score

The change from HK to Japan was recent. They sent out email to all accounts:
As our commitment to continued review and improvement of PSN services, Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. ("SIE Inc") will take over from Sony Interactive Entertainment Hong Kong Limited to become the direct provider of the PSN services with effect from April 1, 2019. SIE Inc will continue to provide all customers with quality PSN services.
The part about Asia PSN service improving is obviously an April Fool joke.

All along there was an additional charge, but based on my calculation, it was 1% (currently using POSB credit card, but used some other cards before). If it's 2.8% that sounds steep. I haven't bought anything since the April change, but will the bank charge more for Japan than Hong Kong? It used to be that if you use Paypal, there is no additional charge but I think I was charged additional as well, but didn't calculate whether Paypal is lower.

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

The surcharge don't go to psn, PlayStation CSO told me they only received sgd39.95. They told me is the bank that charged it and after calling posb, the posb CSO confirmed it was charged by them.

The change from HK to Japan was recent. They sent out email to all accounts:

The part about Asia PSN service improving is obviously an April Fool joke.

All along there was an additional charge, but based on my calculation, it was 1% (currently using POSB credit card, but used some other cards before). If it's 2.8% that sounds steep. I haven't bought anything since the April change, but will the bank charge more for Japan than Hong Kong? It used to be that if you use Paypal, there is no additional charge but I think I was charged additional as well, but didn't calculate whether Paypal is lower.
I believe its this one:
U8nqFoTl.jpg

What the posb CSO that because the company I'm paying to is based in Tokyo that's why have the charge. Which is exactly the amount added. 102.8% of 39.95 is 41.0686, round up become 41.07.

SiaoAngMoh

Reaction score
Most credit cards are 1%. That 2.8% is crap.
You could look at something like YouTrip which has no transaction fees.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Playstation Japan made a video on upcoming games. The animation and art style is so nice.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
btw did psn asia remove the demo section? can't seem to find it.
Not sure if it's removed on the PS4's built-in store but the web store still has "demos and betas" section linked from the store's home page:
https://store.playstation.com/en-sg/grid/STORE-MSF86012-DEMOTITLENAME/1

However, for a very long time now, they have removed the "new releases" or "new this week" section, what idiots! You won't see any link on the home page, though this hidden link still works:
https://store.playstation.com/en-sg...EWRELEASES/1?direction=desc&sort=release_date

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it's removed on the PS4's built-in store but the web store still has "demos and betas" section linked from the store's home page:
https://store.playstation.com/en-sg/grid/STORE-MSF86012-DEMOTITLENAME/1

However, for a very long time now, they have removed the "new releases" or "new this week" section, what idiots! You won't see any link on the home page, though this hidden link still works:
https://store.playstation.com/en-sg...EWRELEASES/1?direction=desc&sort=release_date

went to ps4 psn but the demo section is no longer there.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.