[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score
Apologies if i sound noob in ps4 stuff, iirc, when i buy a disc and load into the ps4, it will install some files into the system. Once i am finished with the game, i am able to delete those files except for the saved files.

Is the above correct? Coz the console will be purely for gaming, not storing movies and all. Unless i buy digital games.

The save files and game installation files are in different folders. You can delete the installation files and leave the save files alone so that u can still continue ur progress in future.

Regarding the 240gb SSD.. i think the storage size is kinda small for a PS4 usage. For eg, the disc copy of AC syndicate will take up abt 45gb of the storage/Fallout 4 will take up 32gb of the storage. They will take up even more space after their updates and patches.

WhiteHunter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
過路稻草人™;97990997 said:
Uncle just started playing game, any difference in Brand New and Preowned?

sometimes pre-owned discs have scratches. before buying pre-owned games do a check on the back of the disc to see no scratch.

過路稻草人™;97991347 said:
For his good service , i bought a white 1206A and FIFA 16 from him , price about there... Gotten it at around $548.

Now then realised need to buy another controller to play 2 players...hehehe:s13:

how much is their fifa16?

btw guys do u all know where to get cheap hdmi cables for spare? preferably from physical stores in spore...

buy from sim lim tower. 10 bucks at most and lesser if you know how to bargain.

WhiteHunter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm, so a 7200rpm hdd or 1tb sshd is more advisable? I do have a spare 240gb ssd lying ard as portable hdd.

7200rpm hdd but to be honest its only that few secs. the one in ps4 is 5400rpm.

if you want my view, i would take the cheapest 2tb hdd regardless its 7200/5400 or hdd/ssd unless you like to set a timer for yourself to finish the game which also include loading time.

WhiteHunter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apologies if i sound noob in ps4 stuff, iirc, when i buy a disc and load into the ps4, it will install some files into the system. Once i am finished with the game, i am able to delete those files except for the saved files.

Is the above correct? Coz the console will be purely for gaming, not storing movies and all. Unless i buy digital games.

when you put a disc into the ps4, it will install some files. when you are playing the game, ps4 will also take some screenshots which you may or may not be aware. its found under your screenshots folder.

after you are done or no longer want to play the game, you can delete everything including save data, game data, screenshots etc to free up space on your hdd.

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score
7200rpm hdd but to be honest its only that few secs. the one in ps4 is 5400rpm.

if you want my view, i would take the cheapest 2tb hdd regardless its 7200/5400 or hdd/ssd unless you like to set a timer for yourself to finish the game which also include loading time.

2tb 5400rpm hdd higher aerial density shld make up for the lower rpm when compared with a 1tb 7200rpm hdd. Therefore, get a 2tb 5400rpm if the price is attractive =D

WhiteHunter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2tb 5400rpm hdd higher aerial density shld make up for the lower rpm when compared with a 1tb 7200rpm hdd. Therefore, get a 2tb 5400rpm if the price is attractive =D

for me the ps4 stock hdd is more than enough.

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just received my 2tb HDD and backup/restored with no issue. Got it for $7x. Dont ask me how..:s13:

Sorrie i am a noob. But u mean u can connect an external hdd n load games from there?

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
qisahn ok lah
buy game nia, wat service wor
u noe wat u wan2 gt, price ngam, grab, q, pay, zhao.
they got price match policy, real deal, can try, i tried :p

merrr111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i bought my console set from qisahn too...the sales guy okok la...i juz tell him what i want, he gets for me n he explained the terms and warranty policy, he answered what i asked, then pay and go...

incidentally when i was there buying the ps4, a young guy about 14-15 years old came in and request to change some sort of guitar thingy citing that some button was loose...the sales guy after checking for him agreed to change the guitar to another new set...i was kinda surprised the sales guy agreed to change it as i thought the buyer would have checked the thing before buying and he may have spoiled it himself while playing the thing...or maybe there is a 1 to 1 exchange for a period of days for this product...

articated

Emeritus Honorary Member
Reaction score

Yup can delete thou use disc the installation files also kinda huge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.