[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club

Status
Not open for further replies.

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
up to you. but if you are a working adult. most likely , you will buy and play a few times. then never touch it for months during your peak period.
worth to buy?
if you are a student, then ok. haha

lol.. I'm a working adult but my bro and I can take turns to play so I'm not worry.

As this is the older model therefore need to ask to see what you guys think. Get the older model now or wait for bundle with new model. :D

sputnikfire

Reaction score
But the new model seems slightly superior to the older one... Guess have to see price point first before deciding.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But the new model seems slightly superior to the older one... Guess have to see price point first before deciding.

old and new model same price. there is no change in price except less power used, lower heat produced, lighter in weight and mechanical buttons for new model. the other specs all remain the same.

sputnikfire

Reaction score
old and new model same price. there is no change in price except less power used, lower heat produced, lighter in weight and mechanical buttons for new model. the other specs all remain the same.

Yeah loh, so if the price point of the older one is dramatically lower (cos' promo and all to make way for the new model), I am definitely going for it.

Been meaning to get one to play The Witcher 3, LOL!

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah loh, so if the price point of the older one is dramatically lower (cos' promo and all to make way for the new model), I am definitely going for it.

sony is not planning to drop the price of old models. stores are not dropping the price as their price are still the same as of last week.

for price to drop dramatically, you will have to wait at least 2-3 years for sony to release ps4 slim and ps4 super slim or announcement of ps5. as for now they just released an updated model so they won't release the ps4 slim anytime soon not for at least a year.

if you find the price is too much for you then play ps3 or get a 2nd hand ps4 or you can get an export set of the new model at $500 but no warranty.

timpeh82

Reaction score

you can buy PC version of witcher 3 at $25? around there.
hardwarezone got one seller.

pineapple

Reaction score
The new model is already physically available at bugis Sony outlet .. Selling the same price as old version

sputnikfire

Reaction score
you can buy PC version of witcher 3 at $25? around there.
hardwarezone got one seller.

Trust me, if I had a good enough PC, I wouldn't be looking at the PS4 liao...

PS4 is the most viable option for me at the moment. Other than Witcher 3, also have some other games I am looking forward to (but hoping there's more in the future).

sputnikfire

Reaction score
sony is not planning to drop the price of old models. stores are not dropping the price as their price are still the same as of last week.

for price to drop dramatically, you will have to wait at least 2-3 years for sony to release ps4 slim and ps4 super slim or announcement of ps5. as for now they just released an updated model so they won't release the ps4 slim anytime soon not for at least a year.

if you find the price is too much for you then play ps3 or get a 2nd hand ps4 or you can get an export set of the new model at $500 but no warranty.

Not from Sony... I talking about price points in general (don't worry, I know my stuff). Like the export sets in Qoo10 or Rakuten, so yeap, that's what I'm planning to do.

I definitely will shell $430-470++ (which seems to be the cheapest). Of course if cheaper better lah, given the recent launch of the latest one... Will wait and see if those vendors will cut abit...

Last edited:

noobiee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not from Sony... I talking about price points in general (don't worry, I know my stuff). Like the export sets in Qoo10 or Rakuten, so yeap, that's what I'm planning to do.

I definitely will shell $430-470++ (which seems to be the cheapest). Of course if cheaper better lah, given the recent launch of the latest one... Will wait and see if those vendors will cut abit...

Where to get ps4 for $470?

i see cheapest on my source also $569?

sputnikfire

Reaction score
Where to get ps4 for $470?

i see cheapest on my source also $569?

Someone posted a Qoo10 link not long ago, I remember it was about $430-$450 in total? If you got Qoo10 points, can minus up to $10 more...

Rakuten one cheapest is $547, but minus OCBC Thurs disc. 15% is $460+ and shopback 5% (not sure if applicable) is about $440... http://www.rakuten.com.sg/shop/alzando/product/PS4white/?l-id=sg_search_product_thumbnail_1

So I agar agar put figure as $430-$470.. Of course, as with online vendors, proceed with caution.

All export sets with no warranty btw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.