[Official] Playstation 5

Deathshadow

Reaction score
YES! Great minds think alike. I was so tempted to write an "unpopular opinion" post mentioning that.

I think visually Rise of the Ronin looks great, but graphically it looks really poor and the animation looks very choppy. I think it's because they've been using the same dated game engine for quite awhile by now. I think some reviewers will highlight that and the score, though good, will take a hit because of that. (Dragon's Dogma 2 looks great, btw)

The same goes for Fromsoft's games. The Elden Ring's DLCs should be the last of whatever game engine they've been using and needed to upgrade that for their next big title.(DESPERATELY, IMHO)

That "They have never really focused on graphics" cannot be use going towards the end of this gen and into the next....
If it's a multiplatform or cross-gen PS4/PS5 game like Elden Ring or Wo Long, I would've given it a pass for having subpar graphics. But for a PS5 exclusive looking the way it did, there's simply no excuse. It's either due to outdated game engine or lack of talent/budget.

Yes, it might get good reviews & plays great, but fans deserve a better looking game as well. Especially this gen where prices have gone up, so standards & quality should be higher too. Ronin looks like a PS4 game graphically (Not sure what happen to Team Ninja over the years. Their Ninja Gaiden games on OG Xbox actually looks good at the time).

Look at Demon's Souls Remake. A PS5 exclusive launch game from 2020. Still looks phenomenal & miles better than Ronin.

To further prove my point. If you take gameplay footage of Red Dead Redemption 2/The Order: 1886 and Ronin. Show it to someone who's a casual/non-gamer (People who don't visit gaming websites or forum, not up to date with the latest news). Tell them Ronin is a PS4 game, while RDR2/The Order is a PS5 game. They would believe it. Both games look a generational leap over Ronin in terms of graphics, despite running on base PS4 & only 30fps.

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
huh? you meant last year singapore was out of CNY sales as well?
Yes, exactly the same situation.

Edit: You can see discussions on last year CNY Sale problem at around page 754 on this thread.

Last edited:

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Finally managed to upgrade my M.2 NVME SSD to the Samsung 990 Pro 4TB with heatsink @ approx SGD$470 for more storage space to house more game titles and lesser deletion of games etc. Eyeing on the 8TB size when the prices are more attractive when the time comes.

Before my change from the WD850X 2TB, I was tempted by the Seagate FireCuda 530 4TB @ approx SGD$550 but the delivery arrived, the supposed M.2 NVME SSD doesn't come with the attached EK heatsink and the best part is not detectable by the PS5 upon installing it and I have to do the returns before refunding my purchase and the problem is our local ECMS delivery services is totally CMI from the first correspondence with Amazon SG to factiliate the pick up took me almost 2 weeks, the first pick up as rejected due to my mistake of not pasting the RMA label onto the return box and no sound no picture after that.

Finally Amazon SG managed to settle for me by don't need to do the returns and refunding me in full without any problems. Kupos to Amazon SG/Amazon customer representatives services. Top notch services.

Now Amazon US is offering @ USD$319.99 less 10% discount previously listed price as $354.99 for those whom are interested.

Last edited:

velcry

Reaction score
The Planet of the Discounts link leads to discounted items.

But the CNY discounts link still leads to full priced items.

So obviously the "GST prevents us from providing discounts" explanation doesn't make sense.

AikiBoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi ppl,
if i want to increase my storage all i need is buy and plug in another SSD right? no need to replace the current ps5's storage... (based on what i saw on youtube)

anyone good SSD recommend? in term of price. (cheap?)

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi ppl,
if i want to increase my storage all i need is buy and plug in another SSD right? no need to replace the current ps5's storage... (based on what i saw on youtube)

anyone good SSD recommend? in term of price. (cheap?)
Yes, you'll have internal storage plus M.2 storage.

networked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looks like i m right to skip this gen with lots of backlog on ps4.

din even realise ps5 already midway life span.

mliolukiye

Reaction score
For some particular reason (maybe cos of DS2), I restarted and got back into Death Stranding (Director's Cut this time). Currently, I'm just past episode 3 where more gadgets are progressively being introduced at a faster pace than eps 1 and 2. I guess 4 years ago, I spent too much time doing all the side quest deliveries on ep2 and it becomes too repetitive with just that few items/gadgets over and over again. As I enter ep 3, gameplay starts to change, with more things to build, more weapons to play with. This terrain traversing, load management, route planning, structure building kinda gameplay is quite original, unlike anything we have seen. Or maybe I just didn't know how to play it right last time. I don't know how far I'll go this time but we'll see.

Here, Sam Porter Bridges is taking a nap by the river, overlooked by the snowy mountain.

Last edited:

billiejoe

Reaction score
Sony definitely not giving like 50% or 35% discount for cny or some special offers they give previous years. They know sg ppl can afford to pay for the subscription. 😭

I am referring to the subscription discount.... not the games discount haha

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Sony definitely not giving like 50% or 35% discount for cny or some special offers they give previous years. They know sg ppl can afford to pay for the subscription. 😭
there is essential, extra and deluxe but what is the difference between essential and extra subscription?

ramza85

Reaction score
Hahaha... Good for you all. Can buy extra and deluxe.
My PSN subscription is until 2034, both my SG and US account.
Seems like they do not allow me to buy extra and deluxe for 1 or 2 years.
Must upgrade for 10 years right away. LOL. Guess how much?

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
becos u stack ur psn subscription for 10 yrs??

then to upgrade is upgrade all the way till expired no?

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no guarantee there will still be psn after 10 years.

noobiee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol................

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.