[Official] Playstation 5

Lance321

Master Member
Reaction score
I reserved my order with krisshop since Nov 2021. I checked with them yesterday, and they say that they are afraid that it will take a long time before they get their stocks, and they don't seem confident in getting the stocks anytime soon. I told them to exclude me from the queue, and that I will get it once it is widely available.

MakiMaki

Reaction score

mliolukiye

Reaction score

I looked at the current games list and it seems like PS4/PS5 list is pretty value for money - I can get to play Returnal, AC Valhalla, Celeste, RDR 2, etc. As for the classics list, I hope to see more and greater games (where are all the classic PS1 RPGs ???????) added as the current list is only so-so for me.

Another cool thing I noticed is that we don't have to make separate purchase/sign up to PS+ on the digital versions of PS1 and PSP games we previously purchased and can just download and play them on PS4/PS5 at no extra cost. Moreover, some classics have improved frame rates and better resolution and can save the game anytime plus rewind the game. Not bad for these extra features.

The game trials of newly released games allow us to play up to 2 hours before making our decision. I was expecting just 30 minutes like RE2 last time.

Aiyah, too bad on cloud streaming, I don't think we can even talk about PS3 games for now.............

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another cool thing I noticed is that we don't have to make separate purchase/sign up to PS+ on the digital versions of PS1 and PSP games we previously purchased and can just download and play them on PS4/PS5 at no extra cost. Moreover, some classics have improved frame rates and better resolution and can save the game anytime plus rewind the game. Not bad for these extra features.
this is cool but with a huge disclaimer...

these ps1/psp games that you owned digitally will only be downloadable and playable as and when it's available on the PS+ game list....so it's not ALL of the PS1/PSP games

Spitfyre

Reaction score
Will using a US psn account to purchase the premium get us cloud streaming? My guess is no cos we don’t get ps now. Meaning my current US PS+ with ongoing subscription will turn to Essential on 13/6. And if I want the Elite or “premium without the cloud streaming” I will need to do it via my SG PSN correct?
I think you could get streaming this way?? My R2 account has option for PS Now, as do others with R1 on this forum, so unless they change policy it should work.

mliolukiye

Reaction score
this is cool but with a huge disclaimer...

these ps1/psp games that you owned digitally will only be downloadable and playable as and when it's available on the PS+ game list....so it's not ALL of the PS1/PSP games

Very HUGE disclaimer.

Looking at the current ps+ classics list, we should not be too hopeful since it's so near to launch already. The ones I had digitally on PS3 are like the FF series, RE series, FF tactics, Vagrant Story, Alundra, mostly square enix (or should I say squaresoft?) games etc.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if they add a handful of those classics during launch. Those who grew up with PS1 & PS2 would know which are the true classics. Anyways, the main reason for me to subscribe to deluxe is to play classics which I have missed. If not there, just ps+ extra will suffice.

MakiMaki

Reaction score
I think you could get streaming this way?? My R2 account has option for PS Now, as do others with R1 on this forum, so unless they change policy it should work.
Oh is it? In that case kinda makes sense to go for PS+ premium on US PSN for full experience isn’t it rather than the 1/2 Fxxx offered to SG’s?

Psycovirus

Reaction score
iRMKZoU.jpg

So I found the Dualsense Controller Mini Wheel on Thingiverse and paid a local 3D Printing farm to print 2 copies($15). I assembled one (requires extra parts like some plastic/metal rods and ball bearing(+$6)).

I can just turn the "wheel" for the mechanism push the stick left or right for steering. It works great! Not very practical for fine control since the pinion teeth isn't tightly meshed thus there's about 5° of dead zone before it starts steering.

I am able to win some races in Gran Turismo 7 with this abomination... haha.
Able to farm Tokyo Express Way with Tomahawk pretty easily too.

Last edited:

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iRMKZoU.jpg

So I found the Dualsense Controller Mini Wheel on Thingiverse and paid a local 3D Printing farm to print 2 copies($15). I assembled one (requires extra parts like some plastic/metal rods and ball bearing(+$6)).

I can just turn the "wheel" for the mechanism push the stick left or right for steering. It works great! Not very practical for fine control since the pinion teeth isn't tightly meshed thus there's about 5° of dead zone before it starts steering.

I am able to win some races in Gran Turismo 7 with this abomination... haha.
Able to farm Tokyo Express Way with Tomahawk pretty easily too.

are you a mutant...

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Next gen gpu launching soon. I think once that happens, a lot of people might lose interest in ps5

dagobah

Reaction score
console crowd and pc crowd don't really cross over...
and those that can afford everything like me will just buy everything
There ARE cross-overs, however in general, they are of two very different groups.
There's a saying the best combo for gaming is playstion + PC, then you get the best of both worlds.

There's also a big misconception, particularly from console gamers, that PC gamers only go for the latest and greatest, and that's not true at all. We have mid-range and budget gamers too.

Been a casual PC gamers since floppy disks, and only build mid-range PCs. Never cared much or steps into a console game store until 2019.

I told this before, if I were to buy my first console the generation before, it would most likely/certainly be xbox 360.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.