[OFFICIAL] Pokemon Go - Part 11

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
is it random?

Or everyone at certain area will see the same?:s11:

Yah random.... I spawn at the same location amongst my multiple accounts. Some accounts have the black balloon, some have the Meowth balloon.

I do hope more Meowth balloons appear, otherwise I will probably have to attack the pokestops. I think the fly-type grunt is probably the easiest grunt to attack rite?

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You can see random Team Rocket leaders from Team Rocket balloon (not Meowth balloon) provided you have the Radar. Otherwise, you will only see Grunt.

Oh, no wonder. I never equipped the radar, haha.

Anyway, I'm not at the stage of the research where I have to defeat team leader or boss so I will just concentrate on grunts now.

Starbutt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So you can have multiple radar for Giovanni? Anyway, I just battled Giovanni at a regular pokestops and got suicuine. Was a little tricky to beat Giovanni because he used Persian, garchomp and suicuine. I tried with Machamp, Gardevoir and Raikou and failed. Then swap Gardevoir with Dragonite also failed. Finally managed to defeat when use dialga to counter garchomp.

Again had to start with dialga to tank some hit from Persian before swapping to Machamp. Then switch back to dialga before using raikou to finish suicune.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So you can have multiple radar for Giovanni? Anyway, I just battled Giovanni at a regular pokestops and got suicuine. Was a little tricky to beat Giovanni because he used Persian, garchomp and suicuine. I tried with Machamp, Gardevoir and Raikou and failed. Then swap Gardevoir with Dragonite also failed. Finally managed to defeat when use dialga to counter garchomp.

Again had to start with dialga to tank some hit from Persian before swapping to Machamp. Then switch back to dialga before using raikou to finish suicune.

Nope, only 1 radar for Giovanni and 1 radar for Team Rocket leader at the same time.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Nope, only 1 radar for Giovanni and 1 radar for Team Rocket leader at the same time.

So now that I have gotten 1 radar of each, I should quickly use them rite, especially the one for the Rocket leader, since the Elite part of the challenge requires to beat the leader 6 times.

Can also beat the boss Giovanni too rite?

Starbutt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

So now that I have gotten 1 radar of each, I should quickly use them rite, especially the one for the Rocket leader, since the Elite part of the challenge requires to beat the leader 6 times.

But the go rocket box in shop allows you to buy multiple rocket radar :s11: 480 coins buys you 4 rocket radar , 10 max potion, 10 max revive and 1 super incubator.

Starbutt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just battled Giovanni again from the balloon. This time the middle lineup is dugtrio and is much easier compared to garchomp.

Anyway, got another sai cp suicune. Don't know want to throw or waste space. :(

Starbutt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody farming shadow Machop? Flw says shadow Machamp overtake Lucario for best fighting type. But must tm frustration yesterday during special timing. Too bad missed it. Now can only buy second charge move or do the special tm again when they run similar event.

Really hate when they have these time limited event that make people fomo.:mad:

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody farming shadow Machop? Flw says shadow Machamp overtake Lucario for best fighting type. But must tm frustration yesterday during special timing. Too bad missed it. Now can only buy second charge move or do the special tm again when they run similar event.

Really hate when they have these time limited event that make people fomo.:mad:

Got a 15 14 14 shadow machop yesterday

Was in 2 minds whether to purify or keep as I have got no hundo machamp yet

In the end didn't TM the frustration away

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The only way to meet Giovanni is using the Super radar right ?

There is no mechanism that beat all 3 team leaders will get a chance to meet Giavanni right ?

So the special quest to beat team leaders 5 times doesn't matter who you beat right ?

Not like if you beat all 3 one time and you can meet Giovanni again

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I just battled Giovanni again from the balloon. This time the middle lineup is dugtrio and is much easier compared to garchomp.

Anyway, got another sai cp suicune. Don't know want to throw or waste space. :(

Is it the case that if I tap the balloon with the super radar equipped it is always Giovanni?

Starbutt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it the case that if I tap the balloon with the super radar equipped it is always Giovanni?

I had both super radar and nor.al radar equipped. And Giovanni showed up. Perhaps is because I waited to claim the super radar reward only this morning from the professor work is never done task. The Giovanni that I encountered yesterday was from the go fest challenge task. And I have another regular leader radar which I have not used.

Not too sure about the mechanics but I still have the regular radar equipped and I just kena the hello kitty balloon instead of one of the 3 team leaders.

Starbutt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The only way to meet Giovanni is using the Super radar right ?

There is no mechanism that beat all 3 team leaders will get a chance to meet Giavanni right ?

So the special quest to beat team leaders 5 times doesn't matter who you beat right ?

Not like if you beat all 3 one time and you can meet Giovanni again

I think once you get a super radar and have it equipped you will automatically get Giovanni. At least that's what happened to me.

Starbutt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got a 15 14 14 shadow machop yesterday

Was in 2 minds whether to purify or keep as I have got no hundo machamp yet

In the end didn't TM the frustration away

I think get a 96% shadow Machamp is going to be more rare than 100% Machamp. If I were you, I would have to away frustration.

So far all the shadow Pokemon I have gotten are all sai iv. Except mebe for shadow zubat which was 98%

Anyway, I have learnt to not fall into Niantic trap of becoming fomo and just play as is. Not worth the stress. :)

Starbutt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did they increase the difficulty for battling team leader? Couldn't defeat Sierra. She used Lapras, exeggutor, Alakazam. Lapras is OP. My Max 100% Machamp kena KO. Don't remember it being so tough before.

sephunr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did they increase the difficulty for battling team leader? Couldn't defeat Sierra. She used Lapras, exeggutor, Alakazam. Lapras is OP. My Max 100% Machamp kena KO. Don't remember it being so tough before.

I kena Lapras, Lapras and Houndoom.

Use Lucario with PUP to burn two shields from the 1st Lapras. Lapras will have about less than 1/2 life left while your Lucario will die.

Machamp come in and farm down, need to commit shield. Then use farmed up energy to whack 2nd Lapras with Dynamic Punch.

3rd Pokemon I just use Metagross. Didn't expect a dark type Houndoom at the end, but wasn't much of a concern.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes, if you intend to complete the Elite Battle Challenge. Elite Battle Challenge is to defeat a Team Rocket Leader 5 times not 6 times.

I will skip personally since the rewards are quite lousy. I only go for Team Rocket Boss for Shadow Suicune.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.