[OFFICIAL] Pokemon Go - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasticpistola

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Android user? One of my Friend used to have this problem but he was using old Samsung s6 or something - his char will auto run around after 5mins or so of game play

But after he switch to iphone didn’t encounter this so I not sure is it an android issue. Myself iOS /m1 also dun have this problem.

My Wife on iOS but singtel sometimes have a problem where she logon the game, it shows her in old location. Eg she play in location A and shutdown game. Went to location b and login pogo but sometimes ingame, her char is at location A still

yup android! after 10 mins then back to normal.

MinMin85

Reaction score
Right now i'm only opening 7km egg sent by my friend from US for distance

The rest like from Malaysia etc won't even bother liao

They should change content of 7km egg soon. Getting boring

Still got Raichu and Morawak

Don't mind geodude and diglet also

Hello, is there any different with the 7km egg that you got from US? thanks.

Sgtrad

Reaction score
Went to google the sculpture at the gym in TWN is Arthas Menethil from Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft.

Add the page link

http://www.upl.co/upload/i1Df4Wc0D

Last edited:

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Right now i'm only opening 7km egg sent by my friend from US for distance

The rest like from Malaysia etc won't even bother liao

They should change content of 7km egg soon. Getting boring

Still got Raichu and Morawak

Don't mind geodude and diglet also

What's the diff?

TwMilkTeaTw

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
they should just shift all egg to only obtainable thru gift.
pokestop no longer give egg.

n yes.. the 7km.. need to have more pokemon too..

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, is there any different with the 7km egg that you got from US? thanks.

Nothing much

But everytime trade the mon hatched from US sent egg to another account you will gain 14k km

Good for clocking for gold medal

TwMilkTeaTw

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
no idea. only know. sin to japan is 4-6k?
sin to usa is 14-16k.

sin to europe .. about 8-10k.

thousand km i meant.

so far. highest i traded was 16.9k. hvnt seen anything further. at least on my sceen. (think it was aust to usa)

TwMilkTeaTw

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
v fast. i trade 80 times. i got gold badge liao.

now. to get gentleman. i need another 900 trade. hahaha.

limbs03

Reaction score
no idea. only know. sin to japan is 4-6k?
sin to usa is 14-16k.

sin to europe .. about 8-10k.

thousand km i meant.

so far. highest i traded was 16.9k. hvnt seen anything further. at least on my sceen. (think it was aust to usa)

i wonder if trade from pasir ris to tampines will be how far sia :s22:

v fast. i trade 80 times. i got gold badge liao.

now. to get gentleman. i need another 900 trade. hahaha.

i plan to mass trade piddgy to my wife, wahahhahaah

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Still gotta catch 'em all: 2 years on, Pokemon Go still pulls in the crowds
nz-pokemon-180718.jpg

nz-pokemon-180817.jpg

The social aspects of Pokemon Go, where friends can go out to catch Pokemon and do battle together, as well as regular content updates keep the mobile game popular two years on

Two years on, Pokemon Go is still pulling in the crowds and hovering near the top of mobile game download charts.

The latest evidence of the popularity of this augmented-reality (AR) game: A special game event last month saw at least 100 people playing the game at VivoCity, as seen from videos posted by a local Pokemon Go interest group on Facebook.

Globally, the game has raked in US$1.8 billion (S$2.5 billion) in player spending - around US$2 million a day - since its launch, with US$1 billion from the first seven months, according to mobile analytics firm Sensor Tower.

In Singapore, Pokemon Go players - or trainers, in the game's parlance - have spent more than US$10 million since the launch of the game, according to Sensor Tower. To compare, gamers in Taiwan, which has a population around six times that of Singapore and is the fifth biggest spender in Pokemon Go, spent US$48 million.

For many regular players here, the game's staying power has to do with its social aspect.

Madam Wan Huiming, 60, a retiree, started playing the game because her son and daughter-in-law were playing it. She felt it helps them bond when "we go to parks to catch Pokemon together".

"I think the Pokemon look very cute and catching them makes me happy," said Madam Wan, whose favourite Pokemon is the tortoise-like Squirtle.

"It is a good form of exercise and bonding," said content strategist Lim Tze Mynn, 32, who was introduced to the game by her sister. She is out most weekends these days with her siblings and siblings-in-law playing the game.

Ms Lim's brother-in-law, creative director Seah Zhau Ping, 30, added: "It certainly is a great way to inspire myself to walk more with a goal in mind, like spinning more PokeStops." (See story below)

Mr Lim Wei Kwang, 34, who works in the financial industry, said he spent money on Pokemon Go mostly because of his bets with friends.

"If one of us achieved a certain milestone, like hatching the most eggs, the other parties will chip in to buy PokeCoins for the winner," he said.

Another key reason that Pokemon Go is still going strong is that developer Niantic has been continuously updating the game. "Niantic has done a great job... with regular content updates, along with limited-time events that motivate players to keep coming back for more," said Sensor Tower co-founder Oliver Yeh.

Since the game's launch, Niantic has introduced new generations of Pokemon, as well as Raid Battles, where trainers can fight and catch strong Pokemon.

It is through Raid Battles that rare Pokemon can be caught. And just last month, three new features that further bolstered the social aspect of the game - Trading (trade Pokemon), Gifting (give in-game items like potions and eggs to friends) and Friends (increasing friendship levels yields rewards like attack bonus) - were introduced.

Niantic has also created special events that offer goodies and perks, such as those that give players a better chance of catching the rare "Shiny" variant of a certain Pokemon in a specified time. There are also challenges that yield the reward of catching a rare Pokemon.

"With the increased focus on social interaction, through special community events and daily challenges, I think Niantic is on the right track to keep the momentum going and make Pokemon Go a long-running hit," said Mr Tom Wijman, senior market analyst at gaming market research firm NewZoo.

Pokemon Go: The basics
Pokemon Go was launched in the United States, Australia and New Zealand on July 6, 2016 before arriving in Singapore a month later. It quickly became a cultural phenomenon, gathering plenty of media attention and players.

The game makes use of AR and GPS to let players catch virtual monsters based on the popular 20-year-old Nintendo franchise, as players move around in the real world.

Trainers catch Pokemon using Poke Balls, which they can get for free at various PokeStops. Trainers can battle other trainers at Gyms. These PokeStops and Gyms are based around landmarks or points of interest that players can submit to the game's developer Niantic.

While the game is free, trainers can use real money to buy the in-game currency, PokeCoins, which are in turn used to purchase in-game items such as Premium Raid Pass, Lure Modules or more Poke Balls.

In its first 80 days, the game was installed more than 550 million times and generated over US$470 million in revenue, according to gaming market research firm NewZoo.

"The idea of walking around and catching Pokemon in real life is probably a kid's dream come true. It's the ultimate Pokemon experience," said Mr Tom Wijman, NewZoo's senior market analyst.

He cited nostalgia as a big factor. "People who loved Pokemon as kids were drawn to Pokemon Go. After that, the user base snowballed from the initial media attention given to the game and many more people picked it up," he said.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just like your opinion, which pokemon would you put as buddy with you.

:s8:

jannworld

Reaction score
This depends on what u need most.

Personally I dun lack larvitar or dratini candies due to the recent CD events.
I am also done with blissey, metagross or salamence candies so instead I put mewtwo as my buddy because my next personal project is to max out my best mewtwo. I know 20km is a lot but since I dun need others now so I buddy a legendary

Just like your opinion, which pokemon would you put as buddy with you.

:s8:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.