[OFFICIAL] Pokemon Go - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

jannworld

Reaction score
Aiyah I built 6 b/c and 6 b/se tyranitar some time ago lol

Lucky still got 4 high iv larvitar but not enough candy. Think I can aim for 4 full rock and 1 shiny this event. Like that my total tyranitars can overtake my dragonites

But now no more maps can’t drive around to catch larvitars like last time. Last time got maps so building 12 was possible

I'm excited about it.

I remember just when they announced Larvitar as the featured pokemon early this morning, they mentioned that the Tyranitar would have a charged move, kinda disappointed. But now that they are gonna give Tyranitar the Smack Down rock fast move, it's great indeed.

Once this move is confirmed, I probably gonna convert my Bite/StoneEdge Tyranitars to Bite/Crunch and just evolve a few SmackDown/StoneEdge Tyranitars during the Comm event. :o

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
No matter how good the move it, when fighting raid, when the rest of the 90% all swipe right or left only... also GG. :crazy:

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm excited about it.

I remember just when they announced Larvitar as the featured pokemon early this morning, they mentioned that the Tyranitar would have a charged move, kinda disappointed. But now that they are gonna give Tyranitar the Smack Down rock fast move, it's great indeed.

Once this move is confirmed, I probably gonna convert my Bite/StoneEdge Tyranitars to Bite/Crunch and just evolve a few SmackDown/StoneEdge Tyranitars during the Comm event. :o

you cant convert hor
only those caught and eloved during that window

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
you cant convert hor
only those caught and eloved during that window

To convert my StoneEdge Tyranitars, I will just use charged TM to change the charged move to Crunch.

To produce the SmackDown/StoneEdge Tyranitars, I will just evolve a Pupitar during the Comm Day hours, and use charged TM if necessary to change away Crunch or Fire Blast if necessary.

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was hoping it's the water turtle then just give it a miss

Not lack of tyra anyway

But just for the shiny and exclusive move

But then tyra as now is storing enough

Not everyone so lucky mah. I only had 3 dragonite and miss the dratini cos I got to work. Ask my so help me, only catch like 10-15 already close shop. Say sun too hot

Do u guys think vivo is best for aircon place?

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tyranitar is not a full rock Pokémon - currently it lacks a rock fast move

If rhydon ( or its gen4 future) or tyranitar gets a rock fast move, high chance golem can really pack up liao

So sian

I had 100 iv golem but never power up. Now even less motivation

jannworld

Reaction score
Ok lah to be fair can’t say that golem will be totally useless. If really need a rock team, if dun have enough tyranitars, still need golem to fill in but obviously it won’t be the best attacker. Tyranitar with smack down will be the boss of the rock team

Just like we know kyogre is the best water Pokémon but few will be able to afford 6 kyogres so will still need vapoeron gyarados in the mix

So sian

I had 100 iv golem but never power up. Now even less motivation

slowpokie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok lah to be fair can’t say that golem will be totally useless. If really need a rock team, if dun have enough tyranitars, still need golem to fill in but obviously it won’t be the best attacker. Tyranitar with smack down will be the boss of the rock team

Just like we know kyogre is the best water Pokémon but few will be able to afford 6 kyogres so will still need vapoeron gyarados in the mix

Kyro/groundon jin expensive leh
Hoot raid pass also shagto get candies

Unless those like twmilktea

3 to 4 pax pvt grp take down for 12 balls

With skills and some luck pineapple all the way till maybe last 3 then throw gb in case fled
Or go big pineapple( double or nth)

Thou i dun have such mons

Those who have and max out

Is there a majour diff?

Can feel drastically ?

jannworld

Reaction score
Kyro/groundon jin expensive leh
Hoot raid pass also shagto get candies

Unless those like twmilktea

3 to 4 pax pvt grp take down for 12 balls

With skills and some luck pineapple all the way till maybe last 3 then throw gb in case fled
Or go big pineapple( double or nth)

Thou i dun have such mons

Those who have and max out

Is there a majour diff?

Can feel drastically ?

I have 2 kyogres and groudons- 1 max out 1 lvl 30. Using kyogre as example since both are full water moveset, yes my 4K kyogre can last longer in raid than the lvl 30 kyogre. Sure got difference. In a 15-20 man raid might not be that relevant but it did last longer. If the raid is smaller numbers kind like those 4-5 man kind then this additional fire power comes in handy.

Personally I like big numbers and I decided to go for quality over quantity that why I try to max out the best iv of most offensively strong Pokémons. Maxing out 1 legendary cost 270 rare candies and more than 250k stardust. It is expensive but I felt is worth it because in future will have stronger Pokémons so I prefer not to power up 3-6 of the same at lvl 30.

In the earlier days it is common to power up 6 dragonites or 6 tyranitars because there wasn’t so much options. Now got so many legendaries options.

Eg I max out 1 rayquaza instead of going for 3 lvl 30 because I already have 3 max dragonites and in future will get max latios and other dragons in gen4 so I feel no need to go for so many rayquazas

Kyogre case it is likely the best water type. But it’s ok I have 1 max as the water boss and another lvl 30. I also got 3 others 91-96 WB kyogres. Can bring in vapoeron gyarados to fill the remaining spots if a full water team is needed

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have 2 kyogres and groudons- 1 max out 1 lvl 30. Using kyogre as example since both are full water moveset, yes my 4K kyogre can last longer in raid than the lvl 30 kyogre. Sure got difference. In a 15-20 man raid might not be that relevant but it did last longer. If the raid is smaller numbers kind like those 4-5 man kind then this additional fire power comes in handy.

Personally I like big numbers and I decided to go for quality over quantity that why I try to max out the best iv of most offensively strong Pokémons. Maxing out 1 legendary cost 270 rare candies and more than 250k stardust. It is expensive but I felt is worth it because in future will have stronger Pokémons so I prefer not to power up 3-6 of the same at lvl 30.

In the earlier days it is common to power up 6 dragonites or 6 tyranitars because there wasn’t so much options. Now got so many legendaries options.

Eg I max out 1 rayquaza instead of going for 3 lvl 30 because I already have 3 max dragonites and in future will get max latios and other dragons in gen4 so I feel no need to go for so many rayquazas

Kyogre case it is likely the best water type. But it’s ok I have 1 max as the water boss and another lvl 30. I also got 3 others 91-96 WB kyogres. Can bring in vapoeron gyarados to fill the remaining spots if a full water team is needed

Would u power up the following if the iv is very high, Eg 96 and above
And in what priority ?

Vap
Espeon
Umbreon
Gyarados
Hariyama
Raikou
Machamp
Gengar
Alakazam
Golem

And which of the above would u pump up beyond level 30 or even more than level 35, since there is some kind of breakpoint

jannworld

Reaction score
Would u power up the following if the iv is very high, Eg 96 and above
And in what priority ?

Vap
Espeon
Umbreon
Gyarados
Hariyama
Raikou
Machamp
Gengar
Alakazam
Golem

And which of the above would u pump up beyond level 30 or even more than level 35, since there is some kind of breakpoint

Difficult to give correct opinion because i dunno what other Pokémons you have and playing style differs. Eg I dun gym a lot so I dun need 6 machamps etc. And previously I do use maps and telegrams so I did hunt after good ivs WB Pokémons to save stardust (eg machop)

Also personally I’m fan of big numbers so I won’t really power up or max out something that cannot hit cp 3000 - just my personal. Only 1-2 machamp, exeggutor, articuno, gardevoir, lapras being exception because either I need the typing or being personal fav (lapras)

I dun keep track of breakpoints because it changes against different Pokémons match up, if stardust and candies not a problem I will just max out if I like the Pokémon or power up until a number I like (usually above 3000)

1) Raikou - no1 for sure. Best electric now
2) Vap and gyarados - to fill up water squad numbers behind kyogres
3) machamp & hariyama - if u gym a lot. Personally I use fb mewtwo with other legendaries but I dun gym a lot
4) espeon & alakazam - not a big fan of glass cannons but they are useful in machamp raids. Aside for these I found little use
5) golem - only used during zapdos raid
6) gengar - not a fan of glass cannon despite his high Attack
7) umbreon - pokedex only. I see no reason to use stardust on a Low offensive pokemon

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nowadays very rare to find beldum or bagon around.

Only can hatch from eggs. Need to find more to power up my 98% salamence.

Just encountered a bagon on the bus this morning.

Too bad only pes C

CP 773

I still haven't evolve my Salamence cos so far haven't found any with attack 15 yet

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Worth it to power up a level 20 100% Wooboofat ?

So that can put in the gym to irritate people

At which level then will it be as irritating as a high level Blissey or Chansey in the gym ?

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Worth it to power up a level 20 100% Wooboofat ?

So that can put in the gym to irritate people

At which level then will it be as irritating as a high level Blissey or Chansey in the gym ?

zero
its nowhere like bliss or chan

TA200

Banned
Reaction score
NN recycling old pkm for shiny and research quests. so boring.
with the best moves and shiny, it's still dam weak for our gyms:o

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NN recycling old pkm for shiny and research quests. so boring.
with the best moves and shiny, it's still dam weak for our gyms:o

you always have the option to stop lol
although lets face it
shiny is just a gimmick that works for alot of people

if it doesnt work, you think knn will be milking it so hard?

every game has a lifespan, they will try their best to lengthen it; which is what shiny is doing for them

Sgtrad

Reaction score
Question , how do I see the rest of the mons I stack in task tab ? Now I can only see the very last one I stacked in.

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
33426053_1950193981671045_4967016140363530240_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.