[OFFICIAL] Pokemon Go - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

gracehsu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. I don’t quite like this trading thingy.
I thought the fun in pogo is to challenge yourself and go out to look for rare pokemons and get a sense of satisfaction..
With trading, getting a Pokémon is made simpler... chay!!!!!

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
I thought the fun in pogo is to challenge yourself and go out to look for rare pokemons and get a sense of satisfaction..

ya lo.. i guess one of the easy way to become 'great friends' and beyond is to have multiple devices. ownself friend ownself :s13:

cqefan

Reaction score
Trading a rare, shiny and legendary or pokemon that the other trainer needs for his dex will require a lot of star dust. There is an image with 1 million star dust requirement.

Not everyone has >10 million like our bro here. Even with 10 million star dust, he won't be able to keep up with happy happy just trade away his pokemons.

Actually this may cause tension between friends.:s13: Like your friends are dying to get one of your many MewTwo but you only have so so amount of Star dust. Do you wanna use up your star dust to trade the Mewtwo? For example, my real life brother has zero Mewtwo and I have 16. He may be willing to give up his 1 million star dust for trade but I am not willing to lose 1 million star dust for the trade.

Won't be surprised some trainers will meet up, become friends, increase their level and then sell their pokemons too. For $, people can do all kind of things.

Last edited:

PrinceY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
+4 raid balls for the best friend tier.. this pretty much benefits multi device users, they win big big!!

stranger want to trade or even sell/buy etc, the tradeoff doesnt seems good, high cost, must within 100m and it seems like the stats of pokemon can change unless u are at the best level?

TwMilkTeaTw

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
well... trading a shiny or legendary or open pokedex will cost 40k SD (assuming frenship lvl is max) n iv will re roll..

like that then no point liao..

:(

how heng u must be to re roll n tio high iv..
n each time.. cost 40k SD..
(later trade liao.. still ^&%% iv.. n of cos.. it can happen.. easily)

cannot sia... how to tahan..

none shiny n legendary.. then can slowly trade n keep rolling.. until tio 100%.. since only 100 SD.. not 40k SD...

TwMilkTeaTw

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
+4 raid balls for the best friend tier.. this pretty much benefits multi device users, they win big big!!

stranger want to trade or even sell/buy etc, the tradeoff doesnt seems good, high cost, must within 100m and it seems like the stats of pokemon can change unless u are at the best level?

this +4 ball.. is very good for my private lobby kaki..

becos majority of us same color.. but afew always odd color.. this frenship thing can ensure him/her get additional +4 ball.. good good..

also.. frenship lvl raid = can do more damage..

power sia... private lobby ftw..:s13:

so.. i can get 18 white ball from a raid now? :eek:

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I don't like this trading and friends thing as well. I prefer playing alone than with a group. In the end, again, those who have multiple accounts won.

Seems like PoGo is encouraging multiple accounts instead of one single account. All their features benefit multi account holder.

Last edited:

TwMilkTeaTw

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
T He may be willing to give up his 1 million star dust for trade but I am not willing to lose 1 million star dust for the trade.

ya.. this 1 will be abit jialat..

lets say 1 hardcore player.. of cos he has everything liao..
then a not so hardcore player.. want something from him..

but doing a trade.. means both party will need to lose SD.. (which the hardcore player might not want...)

also iv will be re roll... imagine both pple trade.. 40k SD gone for both side. A roll tio 100%.. B roll tio 0%.. the latter face sure change 1.

:s13::eek:

TwMilkTeaTw

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
I don't like this trading and friends thing as well. I prefer playing alone than with a group. In the end, again, those who have multiple accounts won.

Seems like PoGo is encouraging multiple accounts instead of one single account. All their features benefit multi account holder.

single acc holder.. must really go make fren or have fren play tgt lor..

while multi acc.. either do the above or ownself fren ownself lor..

I single acc.. n i will always only play 1 acc.. Everytime i see those with multi acc.. like so busy only.. :s22: for what sia.. :s13:

its like.. taking care of 1 kid.. is easier right.. than taking care of 3 or 4 kids or more.. buay tahan lei.. at least for me. :s13:

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I think trading at its current incarnation will probably just be reduced to trading for the sake of trading, to get the Golden Trading badge at 1000 trades (just like the 1000 research tasks gold badge).

In terms of usefulness probably not that much, since IVs are rerolled.

cqefan

Reaction score
none shiny n legendary.. then can slowly trade n keep rolling.. until tio 100%.. since only 100 SD.. not 40k SD...

Good idea for my 2 accounts to get more high IV pokemons:D
Especially worth it for those weather boosted lvl 35 meta relevant pokemons with low iv.
It's like paying 100SD to re-roll the IV.
I have a feeling this is too good liao, likely will get nerfed by Niantic or the SD requirement will be raised eventually.

Last edited:

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Our local aunties and uncles happy liao. Those with multiple account also happy liao. One side go to one side less than 5cm apart.

jannworld

Reaction score
Yah I agree with u. This trading thing will only help those multi account cheaters

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good idea for my 2 accounts to get more high IV pokemons:D
Especially worth it for those weather boosted lvl 35 meta relevant pokemons with low iv.
It's like paying 100SD to re-roll the IV.
I have a feeling this is too good liao, likely will get nerfed by Niantic or the SD requirement will be raised eventually.

Lol. I’m just going to trade one Pokémon.

I had got a gyarados with high cp and low iv of 13
Why I evolve and waste 400 candies on it?
Press wrongly when I want to transfer away
Now got chance to improve the iv. With such a low iv high chance I will get something better than iv 13.

cqefan

Reaction score
More details from IGN websites
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06...-get-trading-soon-alongside-new-friend-system

Raising your friendship level will offer various bonuses, including reduced Stardust costs for trades, extra damage during gym battles alongside a friend, and additional Premiere Balls during raids alongside a friend.

These are the bonuses for each friendship level:

•Good friend: Trade all Pokemon except Mythical
•Great friend: Stardust discount for trading, attack bonus during gym battles with that friend, one additional Premiere Ball for raids alongside that friend
•Ultra friend: Additional stardust discount for trading, larger attack bonus during gym battles with that friend, two additional Premiere Balls for raids alongside that friend
•Best friend: Major stardust discount for trading, largest attack bonus during gym battles with that friend, four additional Premiere Balls for raids alongside that friend

You can increase your friendship level with a particular friend by sending gifts (see below), trading, or participating in gym battles or raid battles together. Your friendship level can only increase once per day per friend, and Koa explained the following ranges for achieving a friendship level:

•Good friend: 1 day
•Great friend: 7 days
•Ultra friend: 30 days
•Best friend: 90 days

The current cap for each player’s friends list is 200 friends, but Koa said that number could grow in the future, and Niantic will never require players to pay for additional friend space like with Bag or Pokemon storage.

You’ll also be able to participate in a Special Trade, which is for Legendary Pokemon, Shiny Pokemon, or Pokemon not currently in your Pokedex. You can only make a single Special Trade per day (not one per day per friend – only one per day total). Koa clarified that this “once a day” limit does not refer to a 24-hour period, and confirmed that it will reset at midnight like with Catch and Spin streaks.

All trades will require Stardust, with massively reduced costs depending on your friendship level. An example in screenshots released by Niantic shows a 1,000,000 Stardust fee for a Special Trade, reduced to just 40,000 Stardust if the players are Best Friends. Koa confirmed that both players will pay the same Stardust fee for each trade.

Players will also receive candy bonuses depending on the original catch location of the Pokemon being traded. If the Pokemon were caught far apart, you’ll receive extra candy. The current upper limit on these bonuses is a 100KM distance between the Pokemon’s original locations.

Finally, the HP and CP of Pokemon traded to friends will be reset, resulting in random new IVs for the Pokemon you receive. The range of possible HP and CP outcomes can be extremely wide or extremely narrow depending on your friendship levels, with Best Friends much more likely to receive stronger Pokemon.

PokeStops will now occasionally drop Gifts, which you can send to friends on your list. Gifts will include a “postcard” from the PokeStop where you picked up the gift, as well as a rare item. Koa clarified that these items include rarer items within the normal PokeStop pool (hyper potions, revives, etc.) and not raid and research-exclusive items like Rare Candy or TMs.

When a player receives a gift, they’ll also have a chance to receive a new 7KM egg, which will eventually hatch to reveal an Alolan Pokemon.

The particular Pokemon in these 7KM eggs will be exclusive to hatching, though this will not be the only way to receive Alolan Pokemon moving forward -- other Alola forms like the previously-released Exeggutor and the recently-announced Diglett and Geodude will still spawn in the wild.

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah I agree with u. This trading thing will only help those multi account cheaters

Spoofing already created such a wide gap. I’ve seen super high cp milotic, tyranitar and slaking appearing on the 2nd day whereas others will take many months to get one or even none. No amount of temp ban is useful cos once a high iv Pokemon is caught, the advantage is already there over other people once the ban is lifted.

Multiple accounts are mostly harmless until trading comes. With spoofing, they will become invincible. The gap widens. A high sd penalty kills the fun. A low sd requirement is likely to be abused.

Sounds like the poor and the rich. The rich gets richer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.