[OFFICIAL] SHARE YOUR HOOTS HERE ! ! ! - Part 2

obichacha

Reaction score
Rose no.7

EBF3F8B3-D73C-47C6-8828-AAE1E8D22B66_zpsgxxhxyvy.jpg

3SG_NS_Wong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Waited 1 year to finally upgrade my desktop DAC + headphone amp. definitely not placebo effect ... noticeable differences.

Now looking for balanced cable for HD800. any advise is appreciated !! :D

28jifk2.jpg

2dj9njr.jpg

2110ym0.jpg

Get the HD800 connectors and head down to LHS at Sim Lim Tower.

Best bang for your buck.

Seth Lee

Reaction score
Waited 1 year to finally upgrade my desktop DAC + headphone amp. definitely not placebo effect ... noticeable differences.

28jifk2.jpg

2dj9njr.jpg

2110ym0.jpg

WyWires Red balanced for HD800

Boiijek

Reaction score
Using M40X w/ Modmic and also have Swans M10. Is there any hope for me If I wanted better sound. Any affordable desktop dac/headphone amp I could try? What would be the best route. :/

lunarsong

Reaction score
An affordable upgrade would be the Schiit stack magni and modi, will provide an overall improvement. If u are nt looking for a stack, perhaps a grace design m9xx amp/dac?

Using M40X w/ Modmic and also have Swans M10. Is there any hope for me If I wanted better sound. Any affordable desktop dac/headphone amp I could try? What would be the best route. :/

Guan22

Master Member
Reaction score

28jifk2.jpg

2dj9njr.jpg

2110ym0.jpg

Toxic Silver Widow 22
:D :D :D

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought three of the magnetic filters, one for DAC's power supply, one for amp's power supply, one for speakers' power supply.

Let's see this helps reduce or eliminate clicking sounds

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought three of the magnetic filters, one for DAC's power supply, one for amp's power supply, one for speakers' power supply.

Curious to see the outcome of the deployment of those filters. The cause of the issue you face could lie elsewhere, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.;)

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

if got clicking sound.. most likely cant get rid by this ferrite bead or ferrite choke

your clicking sound probably cause by lights,refrigerator and other electrical appliances

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if got clicking sound.. most likely cant get rid by this ferrite bead or ferrite choke

your clicking sound probably cause by lights,refrigerator and other electrical appliances
I dunno how to describe the sound I'd heard before using the ferrite chokes, but I could definitely hear a watery like sound with some crackling (maybe clicking sound), the chokes totally removed it. Being a typical kiasu Singaporean, I intend to get a line/power conditioner as well.

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Curious to see the outcome of the deployment of those filters. The cause of the issue you face could lie elsewhere, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.;)

So far, the clicking sound no more, but something tells me this is not exactly due to the filters.

They made the sound a bit more sibilent though

Good point, I need to check on these too. Can confirm that the tube amp (a DIY'ed 12AU7 amp from Fred's Amp with normal PSU) is the cause of the clicking. (I reduced it a few weeks back by replacing the filtering caps in it after diagnosing via chopsticks test.)

I dunno how to describe the sound I'd heard before using the ferrite chokes, but I could definitely hear a watery like sound with some crackling (maybe clicking sound), the chokes totally removed it. Being a typical kiasu Singaporean, I intend to get a line/power conditioner as well.

I am already using a Weiduka AC 8.8. Not sure if this made sense: Now I need to crank up the volume of all components before being able to hear any distortion/buzzing e.t.c.

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any good plug to prevent distortion ? I find I have too many extension cords..

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ordered this from TB.. hope it works well;

TB25.GRpXXXXXbmXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!703886787.jpg_600x600.jpg
Was thinking of getting that as well, spoke to my old friend about it, he has a Castle line conditioner (with US plugs) that he can give me......give, yes, that's right. I'd be fool to not accept it. Hoping to meet him to get it in a few days' time.

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good choice, moment I used it I felt my SQ just became more cleaner, especially for highs.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.