[OFFICIAL] SHARE YOUR HOOTS HERE ! ! ! - Part 2

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now testing the ferrites for longer... And seems to me that they are great for an early-game setup seeing how this can help with the cheaper PSUs that they use! :D

Noise floor seems a bit lower, got more details and spatial-ness
I can't comment about improvements to sound, but ceratinly the ferrite chokes/filter do help a lot with extraneous sound from EMI. I have the chokes on my PSU cable, and even the thick RCA cable from my Fostex HPA-4 to my Rokit5 and all the annoying noise (watery static like noise, worse when playing games) have disappeared. Really wonderful little doohickeys that actually work!:D

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
OJEFth2.jpg

A dream fulfilled ... ❤️

Welcome to the club :D

Your settings on DAVE is PCM or DSD?

Can share what is your settings in jriver?

acess 1

Reaction score
Anyone own the mojo and the E5 before ? Care to share the experience on both amp ?

Thanks

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One at a time, all drop my wallet cannot tahan.

:s13: Yeah, good point, all drop == a lot of temptations

I can't comment about improvements to sound, but ceratinly the ferrite chokes/filter do help a lot with extraneous sound from EMI. I have the chokes on my PSU cable, and even the thick RCA cable from my Fostex HPA-4 to my Rokit5 and all the annoying noise (watery static like noise, worse when playing games) have disappeared. Really wonderful little doohickeys that actually work!:D

Surprising; I didn't know that it can help with the RCA cable too (I heard that cannot use them on audio cables). I am now deciding between building new power cable or go buy another ferrite for the power cable.

But either way, for something that cost 2 bucks per piece, the price-performance ratio is really good :s12:

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Surprising; I didn't know that it can help with the RCA cable too (I heard that cannot use them on audio cables). I am now deciding between building new power cable or go buy another ferrite for the power cable.

But either way, for something that cost 2 bucks per piece, the price-performance ratio is really good :s12:
I honestly dunno if it's because I have the chokes on the PSU cable, hence no more EMI, or due to the chokes on the RCA cables. Like you'd said, for 2SGD a piece, no harm buying extras and placing them just about everywhere.:D Also forgot to mention that I've since gotten my friend's Castle line conditioner as well, so being double kiasu when it comes to EMI and noisy electrical supply.

InnocentBlood

Reaction score
Welcome to the club :D

Your settings on DAVE is PCM or DSD?

Can share what is your settings in jriver?

I use PCM when I'm playing red book & hi-res up to 24/192. I switch to DSD when I'm playing my SACD rips. I don't use jriver - I use Audirvana.

Did you swap the power cable for something else for your DAVE? I'm toying with the idea of getting a Isotek Evo3 Premier. That's what I'm using for my WA22 currently.

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I honestly dunno if it's because I have the chokes on the PSU cable, hence no more EMI, or due to the chokes on the RCA cables. Like you'd said, for 2SGD a piece, no harm buying extras and placing them just about everywhere.:D Also forgot to mention that I've since gotten my friend's Castle line conditioner as well, so being double kiasu when it comes to EMI and noisy electrical supply.

It looks like both are needed; I have a Weiduka AC8.8 (a power filter) before getting the chokes, sound kind of improved but still got the EMI issue at times. It was using the chokes and the Weiduka then the sound got much better and the EMI issue more or less inaudiable (need to test more)

What model is your Castle line conditioner?

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It looks like both are needed; I have a Weiduka AC8.8 (a power filter) before getting the chokes, sound kind of improved but still got the EMI issue at times. It was using the chokes and the Weiduka then the sound got much better and the EMI issue more or less inaudiable (need to test more)

What model is your Castle line conditioner?
Ah, I see, so we both double kiasu, eh?:s13: It's an older Castle line conditioner PLF-200, but hey, I can't complain about the 'price', right? ;) So far, the chokes and the line conditioner have totally removed all background noise created by EMI, and perhaps noisy electrical supply as well. I was rummaging through my storeroom the other day, found a Monster HTS 1000 that was spoilt, figured got nothing to lose so took to SLS to have a shop on the 3rd floor take a look at it. I won't know if it can be repaired till the guy there informs me.....but keeping my fingers crossed. I recall it is a line conditioner + surge protection at the same time.

iAHBEE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
at the expense of sounding stupid, may i ask where am i able to find those ferrite chokes? most cables I saw have em attached on already, so im assuming there are clip ons available? :s22:

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
at the expense of sounding stupid, may i ask where am i able to find those ferrite chokes? most cables I saw have em attached on already, so im assuming there are clip ons available? :s22:
2nd floor of SLS, go past what used to be Avit Link, turn right and you'll see a shop selling cables and accessories. The chokes go for $2 each, I bought a total of more than a dozen of them.....:s22:

Edit - I'd posted a pic of it earlier....
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/102238693-post128.html

Last edited:

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yup got clip ons, sim lim tower have

blazin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Shadow04

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Similar, different shaped casings but they work the same. Bear in mind, they fit cables that are of standard thickness, if you have one of heavy duty thick cables, then they'd not fit.

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah, I see, so we both double kiasu, eh?:s13: It's an older Castle line conditioner PLF-200, but hey, I can't complain about the 'price', right? ;) So far, the chokes and the line conditioner have totally removed all background noise created by EMI, and perhaps noisy electrical supply as well. I was rummaging through my storeroom the other day, found a Monster HTS 1000 that was spoilt, figured got nothing to lose so took to SLS to have a shop on the 3rd floor take a look at it. I won't know if it can be repaired till the guy there informs me.....but keeping my fingers crossed. I recall it is a line conditioner + surge protection at the same time.

:s13: Yeah our ears really kaisu, that Castle line conditioner looks real good (12 plugs somemore :s13:). I think what you say is right; both really worked together to remove most if not all electrical noise and cleaned the power nicely (for a very good price too!).

Hope all goes well for your Monster? :)

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so at which part of cables do you place them ?

I placed them at the start of the power supply (i.e. near the part where you plug the power supply to the wall socket/power conditioner) Had to do that cos the cables are too thin. Make sure you can take them off just in case :s13:

2nd floor of SLS, go past what used to be Avit Link, turn right and you'll see a shop selling cables and accessories. The chokes go for $2 each, I bought a total of more than a dozen of them.....:s22:

Edit - I'd posted a pic of it earlier....
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/102238693-post128.html

Shop number is 02-68 iirc

There's also a new Audio cum coffee/tea shop at lvl 2 if I nv remember wrongly

I happened to saw it last week :s13:

Got time I want to try that shop out, been seeing that a few times liao

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Shadow04

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Similar, different shaped casings but they work the same. Bear in mind, they fit cables that are of standard thickness, if you have one of heavy duty thick cables, then they'd not fit.

Thanks, I will just give this a try. Seldom go SLS now and I don't have thick cables.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.