[OFFICIAL] SHARE YOUR HOOTS HERE ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

3SG_NS_Wong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

Eh, anyone know where i can get balanced 2.5mm 2 pin cables ah?

Just got a Onkyo DPX1 and i wanna run my Oriolus balanced....

obichacha

Reaction score
Hello all!

Eh, anyone know where i can get balanced 2.5mm 2 pin cables ah?

Just got a Onkyo DPX1 and i wanna run my Oriolus balanced....

E1
Stereo
Jaben
Treoo
ConnectIT
Null audio
Audio sanctuary

Wanna fast no waiting needed, try to search from carousell will do

3SG_NS_Wong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ixvdd1I.jpg
ShfuqFz.jpg

Onkyo in the house!

Damn. I don't think I need that Idsd in my speaker rig anymore.

As a stand alone player to my amp, it more than does the trick.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
E1
Stereo
Jaben
Treoo
ConnectIT
Null audio
Audio sanctuary

Wanna fast no waiting needed, try to search from carousell will do

Don't know of a local store called Audio Sanctuary ard here, but I believe it might have been a mistyped typo earlier by obichacha, he prolly meant Music Sanctuary store instead.

@3SG_NS_Wong: Hey Sergeant, just gonna throw you a few cable choices w/2.5mm balanced jack options. You can go Music Sanctuary and check out their Effect Audio Ares II, it's one of Effect Audio's latest line-up just introduced during May last mth. Composition materials are based on Litz Stranded Copper, with same insulation wire coating as found on their latest Heritage series Leonidas cable. I have demoed their Leonidas cable and compared to my Effect Audio Mars (their flagship cable) before, in terms of usability/ergonomics both Leonidas/Mars series definitely have very little skin-effect/non microphonic properties and is easy to keep/coil away, so Ares Series should be the same too.

The Ares II series definitely won't break a hole in your wallet, and if you are willing to bite for the 8-conductor wire ver it only runs up to SGD 339. I suspect Ares II is your kind of thing because I have been very impressed with Litz Copper-based cables so far, they have the detail/clarity level similar to well-known SPC based cables but seem to be more lushed/smooth in terms of bass/midrange tonal qualities as well. Can also check out PWAudio The Flash SPC series or Effect Audio Eros Hybrid series if you yearn for something that able to provide more treble extension/micro-detailing though, these 2 cables have their fair share of fans and are pretty popular too among HK/Taiwan hobbyists as well from my understanding.

If got moola to splurge, Gootman would say MTL go straight for Effect Audio Mars (great compatibility with the Oriolus as shared with ya prev) or want something that focuses more in terms of speed/dynamics and tonal neutrality, can opt for A&K PEF23 Crystal Cable Next Portable Cable in 2.5mm option, the Crystal Cable Next should already be avail for purchase at either E1PersonalAudio or Treoo locally, but not exactly sure where you can demo/audition this cable though, as demo availability seems to be quite scarce locally atm from my understanding.

The PEF23 Crystal Cable Next cable was more of a blind hoot for me (but I already had their Piccolo Diamond Series in RCA and mini-mini 3.5mm interconnects for pretty awhile...), just bought it during April solely for use with my Oriolus 2nd Gen.

Tbh I will still push the Effect Audio Mars over Crystal Cable Next if vocals are mainly your main thing though, but the Crystal Cable Next does show up quite noticeable sonic advantages over my other cables including the Mars, when it comes down to listening to complexed tracks found in mainly movie scores/ orchestra soundtracks or classicals, for example I do like the Crystal Cable Next pairing with my Oriolus when I am listening to composer works by Nobuo Uematsu/Yoko Kanno/Hans Zimmer for OST scores and Taro Hakase/Yo-Yo Ma/Berlin Philharmonic in terms of classicals.

Sorry for the long WOT, just throwing some cable suggestions along the way since you are looking for a new 2.5mm balanced cable for yr beloved iem. Happy Listening!
:o

3SG_NS_Wong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't know of a local store called Audio Sanctuary ard here, but I believe it might have been a mistyped typo earlier by obichacha, he prolly meant Music Sanctuary store instead.

@3SG_NS_Wong: Hey Sergeant, just gonna throw you a few cable choices w/2.5mm balanced jack options. You can go Music Sanctuary and check out their Effect Audio Ares II, it's one of Effect Audio's latest line-up just introduced during May last mth. Composition materials are based on Litz Stranded Copper, with same insulation wire coating as found on their latest Heritage series Leonidas cable. I have demoed their Leonidas cable and compared to my Effect Audio Mars (their flagship cable) before, in terms of usability/ergonomics both Leonidas/Mars series definitely have very little skin-effect/non microphonic properties and is easy to keep/coil away, so Ares Series should be the same too.

The Ares II series definitely won't break a hole in your wallet, and if you are willing to bite for the 8-conductor wire ver it only runs up to SGD 339. I suspect Ares II is your kind of thing because I have been very impressed with Litz Copper-based cables so far, they have the detail/clarity level similar to well-known SPC based cables but seem to be more lushed/smooth in terms of bass/midrange tonal qualities as well. Can also check out PWAudio The Flash SPC series or Effect Audio Eros Hybrid series if you yearn for something that able to provide more treble extension/micro-detailing though, these 2 cables have their fair share of fans and are pretty popular too among HK/Taiwan hobbyists as well from my understanding.

If got moola to splurge, Gootman would say MTL go straight for Effect Audio Mars (great compatibility with the Oriolus as shared with ya prev) or want something that focuses more in terms of speed/dynamics and tonal neutrality, can opt for A&K PEF23 Crystal Cable Next Portable Cable in 2.5mm option, the Crystal Cable Next should already be avail for purchase at either E1PersonalAudio or Treoo locally, but not exactly sure where you can demo/audition this cable though, as demo availability seems to be quite scarce locally atm from my understanding.

The PEF23 Crystal Cable Next cable was more of a blind hoot for me (but I already had their Piccolo Diamond Series in RCA and mini-mini 3.5mm interconnects for pretty awhile...), just bought it during April solely for use with my Oriolus 2nd Gen.

Tbh I will still push the Effect Audio Mars over Crystal Cable Next if vocals are mainly your main thing though, but the Crystal Cable Next does show up quite noticeable sonic advantages over my other cables including the Mars, when it comes down to listening to complexed tracks found in mainly movie scores/ orchestra soundtracks or classicals, for example I do like the Crystal Cable Next pairing with my Oriolus when I am listening to composer works by Nobuo Uematsu/Yoko Kanno/Hans Zimmer for OST scores and Taro Hakase/Yo-Yo Ma/Berlin Philharmonic in terms of classicals.

Sorry for the long WOT, just throwing some cable suggestions along the way since you are looking for a new 2.5mm balanced cable for yr beloved iem. Happy Listening!

actually i was in the vicinity of Tampines today and popped by Connect IT, they had the ALO Tinsel in stock and i thought i would try that out first. Pricing is attractive as well...cables still in the box, will try it out in abit and report back. Thanks bro!

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually i was in the vicinity of Tampines today and popped by Connect IT, they had the ALO Tinsel in stock and i thought i would try that out first. Pricing is attractive as well...cables still in the box, will try it out in abit and report back. Thanks bro!

No worries Sergeant Wong! Wow that's pretty fast, you just posted you were searching ard for 2.5mm balanced cable earlier this morning only, then evening time you already went to Connect IT and hooted the ALO Tinsel liao, really ish jin fast hand quick fingers sia. :s13:

Anyway congrats on your new cable hoot, and do kindly share and report back how is the synergy pairing with Oriolus next time! Had personally listened to the Tinsel cable by ALO (in 3.5mm SE ver) before paired with the A&K T8ie previously on my LPG setup, I would say it's a pretty decent sounding setup though def not something I would gladly pick over my normal Dita Answer Truth/Oriolus 2nd Gen w/stock cable in terms for listening to vocal pop genres though especially when you consider the ALO Tinsel + A&K T8ie IEM retail pricing after adding up the overall costs.

Cheers!

3SG_NS_Wong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No worries Sergeant Wong! Wow that's pretty fast, you just posted you were searching ard for 2.5mm balanced cable earlier this morning only, then evening time you already went to Connect IT and hooted the ALO Tinsel liao, really ish jin fast hand quick fingers sia. :s13:

Anyway congrats on your new cable hoot, and do kindly share and report back how is the synergy pairing with Oriolus next time! Had personally listened to the Tinsel cable by ALO (in 3.5mm SE ver) before paired with the A&K T8ie previously on my LPG setup, I would say it's a pretty decent sounding setup though def not something I would gladly pick over my normal Dita Answer Truth/Oriolus 2nd Gen w/stock cable in terms for listening to vocal pop genres though especially when you consider the ALO Tinsel + A&K T8ie IEM retail pricing after adding up the overall costs.

Cheers!

Trying it out now, and boy, the Oriolus sounds sooooooo very different with the cable running balanced on the DPX1.

It's super transparent and i'm not sure if bass has been tightened up or the bloat is gone. There's def. less slam but it sounds super tight and fast now.

Soundstage is wider while running balanced (it really does sound like a totally different IEM to be honest). I think some people might prefer the warmer sound that SE provides but balanced really is super transparent. (I noticed the same general differentiation in sound when running my AK Angies (V1) balanced as well)

Will run it in further and report back.

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hooted these for my speakers.

Can't wait. Installed the fuses b4 take pix.
The fuses are in blue colour

padis-fuse-02.jpg

Nitrile

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Mojo to iPhone (Tidal & Spotify) user here too. It is very very good. Truth be told I find the iPhone headphone out to be no slouch either.

Penshurst

Reaction score
Are you guys using the apple camera kit with it?
I'm planning to purchase the moon-audio black dragon lightning cable. Really saves the hassle of connecting two cable tgt. Wanna share shipping over?

Legend2127

Reaction score
Are you guys using the apple camera kit with it?
I'm planning to purchase the moon-audio black dragon lightning cable. Really saves the hassle of connecting two cable tgt. Wanna share shipping over?

think of the tax u need to pay 1st... I also wanted to get moonaudio cable... but see the tax almost faint...

3SG_NS_Wong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mojo to iPhone (Tidal & Spotify) user here too. It is very very good. Truth be told I find the iPhone headphone out to be no slouch either.

Gonna try the Onkyo to my mojo once I get the suitable OTG cable...what iems are u using?

Actually ah, how do u find Spotify quality? Some of the better recorded stuff there really sound excellent on the mojo.

Nitrile

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Gonna try the Onkyo to my mojo once I get the suitable OTG cable...what iems are u using?

Actually ah, how do u find Spotify quality? Some of the better recorded stuff there really sound excellent on the mojo.

Spotify at 320 Kbps quality is good enough for some of the genres I listen to, like top40 pop and edm. Everything else on tidal hifi.

Using my cheapo 4 driver westone 4R until my andromedas come. My first TOTL universal hoot. I use mojo for my fostex th-x00 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.