[OFFICIAL] SIMBA Telecom (TPG)

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But yes, totally on Google how they don't have operator profiles. I couldn't toggle VoLTE while on Changi Mobile.

Not sure why they do not want to enable that for Singapore.
Google released June 2022 security patches for its Pixel lineup last week. As with all previous releases, the June 2022 update brings several bug fixes and performance improvements to all Pixel phones going back to the Pixel 3a series. In addition, the update reportedly enables VoLTE roaming for several U.S. and global carriers.

devilpinky

Reaction score
Hi all the experts. Need some advise. I am thinking of getting TPG Senior mobile sim plan for my dad and the normal plan for myself.

Anyone can shares How's the network coverage and speed as compared to m1 or starhub mobile plan. Speed as in the ability to surf net, play games, watch videos without too much lagging. Thank u

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all the experts. Need some advise. I am thinking of getting TPG Senior mobile sim plan for my dad and the normal plan for myself.

Anyone can shares How's the network coverage and speed as compared to m1 or starhub mobile plan. Speed as in the ability to surf net, play games, watch videos without too much lagging. Thank u
Coverage is good for me when I am out and about. I can watch youtube constantly on red, green and purple line without lagging. Social media apps all getting updates constatnly.

Inside my home, certain places only got 1 bar but it's no something that bother me. I don't play games so I cannot comment on that.

The most important thing is to make sure your mobile handset support their network, not all handsets will work.

Overall, it's good experience and I think many people are missing the savings out of the competition.

a4973

Reaction score
Shopee seller replied topup main balance $20 included.
@zZanyy thank you for the confirmation. I'm thinking of like topping up 5 x $20 for my child's TPG 50 GB line. But any idea if the sim card is lost does that mean all the top up in the account is gone for good? My child very careless!!

zZanyy

Reaction score
@zZanyy thank you for the confirmation. I'm thinking of like topping up 5 x $20 for my child's TPG 50 GB line. But any idea if the sim card is lost does that mean all the top up in the account is gone for good? My child very careless!!
SIM card lost should be replaced with $5 charge. Account is tied to number not the SIM card so balance should not be affected. Safer to ask SIMBA directly. https://support.simba.sg/hc/en-us/articles/4415873327129-What-if-I-need-a-replacement-SIM-card-

boonkang

Reaction score
anyone knows if I have already link my credit card to simba, and if I topup $20, the monthly subscription will deduct from my credit card or from the balance?

Refer to the following SIMBA Web page:

At the above SIMBA Web page, see question #6 under section 'B. Billing'.

6. How am I billed for my mobile service?

You can view your invoices via My Account or TPG SG App. Plan renewal will be billed on Day 26 (4 days before the end of the cycle). The deduction will be based on this order (where applicable):

1. Account Balance
  2. Credit Card / Debit Card / GIRO
From the above, if there is sufficient money in your SIMBA account balance -- renewal of your SIMBA mobile plan (every 30days) -- will deduct from the account balance FIRST.

If insufficient money (or no money) in your SIMBA account balance -- then renewal of your SIMBA mobile plan will proceed to deduct from your credit / debit card or from Giro.

Last edited:

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would say, if your child is very careless, don't topup so much.
If he were to exceed the data bundle, excess charges will be deducted from the Account Balance at pay per use rates.
It's not cheap at all.

You would rather pay 25% more than to see your $100 gone in a short while due to excess charges.

a4973

Reaction score
I would say, if your child is very careless, don't topup so much.
If he were to exceed the data bundle, excess charges will be deducted from the Account Balance at pay per use rates.
It's not cheap at all.

You would rather pay 25% more than to see your $100 gone in a short while due to excess charges.
Oh no! You mean the extra data will be automatically deducted from the Account Balance on a pay per use basis without any input or acknowledgment from the phone user? Eg a pop up that says "you have exceeded..... to continue using you may wish to click here to.....?
In the same vein is it like that for roaming after the free data is fully utilized? Ie free 2 GB finish then just song song continue taking from the ac account balance? If so, a zillion thanks for your information, I was totally not aware of the excess usage mechanism!!

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh no! You mean the extra data will be automatically deducted from the Account Balance on a pay per use basis without any input or acknowledgment from the phone user? Eg a pop up that says "you have exceeded..... to continue using you may wish to click here to.....?
In the same vein is it like that for roaming after the free data is fully utilized? Ie free 2 GB finish then just song song continue taking from the ac account balance? If so, a zillion thanks for your information, I was totally not aware of the excess usage mechanism!!
I never use until the bundle is fully utilized, so I can't answer whether there's SMS notification etc.

This is based on the information on the website. And given the fact that Big Three don't do it too on their Postpaid plans (and charge at way higher rates), it's unlikely to have the reply SMS to continue at pay per use things.

Yes all excess charges will be deducted from the account balance. If zero inside, the relevant service will be barred until renewal.

Excess charges information for specific plan is available at SIMBA website -> Critical Information Summary

shawnng

Reaction score
What acknowledgment you need? have you read the TnC? They have an app and web portal for an reason too.

if you are worried about that, SIMBA do allow you to use CC and data will stop once you finished it.

Simba Wallet act as an prepaid bill, just in case you need extra roaming or idd calls. This is way better than the 3 traffic light telco which will not give you any bill shock.

SMS also cost money to implement, real time information also came in late via sms. Also Simba will not make an app to track your data as most phone have an in app data tracker too.

Last edited:

jamonza

Reaction score
Does anyone have a issue with spam sms on their Simba lines?
I recently got a Simba line with a brand new number.
The next day I received 4 different spam sms and now a daily average of 2 different sms spams daily.
I have not given out this new number to any website or anyone yet, so how did the spammers get my number.
I tried checking with Simba support but they just ask me to register with DNC. :mad:

AlvinDj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can check and confirm if the MY130 plan

130gb + 10gb Malaysia Data bundle is for every 30 days or for a total 90 days?

Since this plan specially billed $30 / $39 per 90 days.. So I am curious if the bundled data is for 30 days or 90 days..

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Simba Wallet act as an prepaid bill, just in case you need extra roaming or idd calls. This is way better than the 3 traffic light telco which will not give you any bill shock.

this is as good as a shock to bill. i personally dislike this. it should not auto deduct for additional usage especially for addon.

this is something that I have to be very careful if I decide to top to the wallet, esp when the simba app is not realtime to show how much data you have left. (from what I gathered, only the website is more accurate)

boonkang

Reaction score
this is as good as a shock to bill. i personally dislike this. it should not auto deduct for additional usage especially for addon.

this is something that I have to be very careful if I decide to top to the wallet, esp when the simba app is not realtime to show how much data you have left. (from what I gathered, only the website is more accurate)

Top up to SIMBA account (wallet) is not compulsory.

If don't like -- you can treat this feature as something that does not exists (and don't top up any money into the SIMBA account).

Then there's completely no issue at all regarding excess usage charges -- because no excess usage is available since no money to deduct from the SIMBA account.

The payment (every 30days) for your SIMBA mobile plan can still deduct from your credit / debit card -- just like any other telco.

As mentioned, you can alway treat this SIMBA account (wallet) feature as something that does not exists -- and it will not affect the usage your SIMBA mobile ine.

Personally, I like this SIMBA account (wallet) feature -- because to me -- it is useful in multiple / various circumstances.
(Unfortunately, too tedious to list in detail here)

This SIMBA account (wallet) -- is essentially GIVING you an (extra) prepaid feature -- on a postpaid mobile line.

How I wish all telcos provide such wallet feature on all mobile lines. Haha..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.