[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it easier to go Taipei 101 from Taipei City Hall Station or Taipei 101 Station?
I have elderly & a toddler...would prefer a shorter walk.

Coming out of the Taipei 101 train stn and Taipei 101 basement entrance is right in front of you.

City hall station is a long walk away. 30 min at least with old folks.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm still having trouble finding transport for hualien to CJ and CJ to Taichung.

Many people go opposite route from us so transport information for our route not readily available online. My route rly like not recommend.. but we have already booked our accom so changing route direction is not in consideration

So far taxi rates those recommend on the cab driver recommendation thread are around 3500-5500 range. We feel too exp for 2 person. Public transport info also hard to find online. Asked my Airbnb hosts, but all in trad Chinese.. My Chinese not good, needless to say I give up reading trad Chinese totally.

Rly hope here can recommend me cost efficient way to travel from
Hualien to cingjing evening time
Cingjing to Taichung morning time

TIA

Are you there to enjoy or to worry about public transport? Take taxi may costs more but you can take your time and enjoy the attractions at your own leisurely pace. Take bus you have to watch for the bus schedule, wait for the bus, worry you will miss the bus and wait for another hour, etc... where got fun?

think about it. unless u plan to go back there frequently, i suggest you do it this time right so that you will have wonderful memories.

Now to the costs. nt3500 for both. That is about S$70 each, for a whole day trip with personalized service. Is this expensive? hmm....

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
forget to get the power adaptor, where can I get it near TMS or XMD?
7/11 or any other chapalang shops.
If high class a bit find tokyu hands.
光南大批發 near tms

give u google location
光南大批發(台北許昌店)
No. 40, Xuchang St, Zhongzheng District, Taipei City, Taiwan 100
+886 2 2311 0528
https://goo.gl/maps/727Q8AkjcF42

Last edited:

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should have. But he finds it pricey.
Moreover not many people like to grabshare/grabhitch on thier holiday.
actually based on the route, the price is normal
for mi, I think is worthwhile...just like spending $500sgd just to sit on the hot air balloon for 30min n fly over east tw overseeing pacific ocean

u dun do tat everyday, u oso dun do the same thing for every country u visit

flyingeagles

Reaction score
3500 from cj to hl, so cheap?

Actually 3500 is for one day tour within hualien I think

Actual HL to CJ is 5k avg.
someone on cab recommend thread recommended dingtaxi. I see le, say 8 hours flat price 2.8-2.9k . Dk can use them 4 hours to tour and 4 hours to drive from HL to CJ or not

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually 3500 is for one day tour within hualien I think

Actual HL to CJ is 5k avg.
someone on cab recommend thread recommended dingtaxi. I see le, say 8 hours flat price 2.8-2.9k . Dk can use them 4 hours to tour and 4 hours to drive from HL to CJ or not
Dun need think, 不可能!

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I spent nt3500 for 1 day booked taxi from CJ to HL some years back. Dunno now.

greenpeacookies

Reaction score
Yay Uber will be back in Taiwan this coming Thurs! Wonder if the new implementations will make it much cheaper than taking cab..

flyingeagles

Reaction score
Yeah. Or u can key in the locations in Uber app and get a rough gauge.

Yup I tried before. I think when uber was banned in Taiwan. It said not available in your location. Just tried, showed the same message. So not sure what's the rough gauge of uber price now for HL to CJ

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup I tried before. I think when uber was banned in Taiwan. It said not available in your location. Just tried, showed the same message. So not sure what's the rough gauge of uber price now for HL to CJ

You will be very lucky if you can get one.
Will say it is very vibrant in Taipei.
Out of Taipei, barely can get any.

greenpeacookies

Reaction score
Yeah cause not operating yet, 2 more days to go. But they say they'll launch new app- not sure if there's a specific Taiwan Uber app we have to download. See how on thurs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.