[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastwave

Reaction score
Hi taiwan experts,

i want to watch the sunrise at yang ming shan (datun mountain) , since the sunrise is at 5.15am i plan to reach at about 4.45am. i will be leaving about 3.45am from taipei main station area.

any issues getting cab there ? will they be willing to go u? i will be taking public transport back to hotel.

not really sure if this is doable, might give up everything if cost is too high or if this a silly idea.

thanks!

Bookworm8

Reaction score
Hello!

May I know if you hired a cabby for tour, do you normally tip them/are you required to tip them? If so, how much is a reasonable amount?

Thank you

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ohh ok. I tot when u mention itinerary, it’s smth more detailed

Yes, but I'm too lazy to list out everything. Take a lot of hard work to search for detail as I DIY.

You can share yours, we can help you check it out.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello!

May I know if you hired a cabby for tour, do you normally tip them/are you required to tip them? If so, how much is a reasonable amount?

Thank you

Don't need to tip since cab driver charge high price, at most buy him lunch/ dinner/ drink.

BUYSELLTB

Reaction score
Ok. Will share once I draft it. Hoping to be able to go taitung, wonder if it’s too ambitious

Yes, but I'm too lazy to list out everything. Take a lot of hard work to search for detail as I DIY.

You can share yours, we can help you check it out.

BUYSELLTB

Reaction score
When I hire cabby throughout my trip, we were told to pay for all meals (aka he ate what we ate). Not sure if it’s a norm though.

Hello!

Thank you

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok. Will share once I draft it. Hoping to be able to go taitung, wonder if it’s too ambitious

Depend on your route, if purposely go there then you can forget about it. Travelling from place to place take up a lot of time.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When I hire cabby throughout my trip, we were told to pay for all meals (aka he ate what we ate). Not sure if it’s a norm though.

My first time, friend book driver for few days many years back, driver will recommend foods but never join us even we invited him.
2nd time, I book taxi for Taichung tour booking through hotel. During lunch, I invite him for lunch, he rejected. He recommend a famous dessert, this time he get free from that company.

incredible.piggie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Nope, never ever encounter that but I do pay for their lunch (secretly before they do) or buy them dessert if i think they did a good job. At the end of the day some of them also got us a small gift in return :)

pacetone

Reaction score
My first time, friend book driver for few days many years back, driver will recommend foods but never join us even we invited him.
2nd time, I book taxi for Taichung tour booking through hotel. During lunch, I invite him for lunch, he rejected. He recommend a famous dessert, this time he get free from that company.

Those drivers that I used for many trips, never join us for meals. The last trip in March, we went to a secluded place and there is only one restaurant. Invited driver to join us for lunch again and he told us honestly that if we go to certain restaurants, his meal will be provided by that restaurant.

BUYSELLTB

Reaction score
Wah so good. That’s why I feel my driver being greedy and told my family not to always treat him cos those places he recommended were all restaurants, each meal cost us quite abit. But my family paiseh to not treat him.

BUYSELLTB

Reaction score
Sadly I will be missing the festival by 1.5 weeks hahas. Initially tot of going taitung for those nature that I just saw on felicia chin’s Instagram. I’ve been to almost everywhere in Taipei and Taichung and hualien. So considering elsewhere

Will only go taitung if hot air balloon festival.
Other than that, quite quiet place.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has any idea how's the weather in taiwan now?
MZF7tkAl.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.