[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

merrr111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jialat looks like taipei has been raining every day so far, and for the next week also...hard to do outdoor activities sia

Andrew833

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Take photo with a umbrella or raincoat is sooo romantic.......:s13:

I prefer sunny or cloudy lol.
At shifen, want to buy sky lantern but rain heavily, end up write first then wait for light shower then fly.
At Taipei and keelung, heavily rain plus windy, heng only night time.

roadrunner_552

Reaction score
I prefer sunny or cloudy lol.
At shifen, want to buy sky lantern but rain heavily, end up write first then wait for light shower then fly.
At Taipei and keelung, heavily rain plus windy, heng only night time.

Rain at Jiufen is the worst lor. Squeezing inside the narrow lane with umbrella is really zzzzz........:s22::s13: Out of 3 trips, i gana twice liao.

kopigaosiewdai

Reaction score
Hi senseis,

Virgin post in HWZ and im still trying to finish reading this thread lol. Mighty useful so far for itinerary planning.

May I check if anyone got fly domestic flight in Taiwan before? Im planning my TW trip in May, reach Taoyuan by 4.20pm and travel to Songshan to catch the 50mins flight to Hualien. Like this feasible? Or would it be better to travel by train to Hualien after touch down in Taoyuan?

Cheers and thanks in advance :s12:

Last edited:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi senseis,

Virgin post in HWZ and im still trying to finish reading this thread lol. Mighty useful so far for itinerary planning.

May I check if anyone got fly domestic flight in Taiwan before? Im planning my TW trip in May, fly by SIA (ard $400 now?), reach Taoyuan by 4.20pm and travel to Songshan to catch the 50mins flight to Hualien. Like this feasible? Or would it be better to travel by train to Hualien after touch down in Taoyuan?

Cheers and thanks in advance :s12:

Advise u to take train.
No point fly to hualien.
U so rush for what?

kopigaosiewdai

Reaction score
Advise u to take train.
No point fly to hualien.
U so rush for what?

No lah not rushing actually, just happen to see online that some tourist chose domestic flight over train for one way from songshan to hualien. Some say the travelling time by train from Taoyuan to Hualien is ard 3hrs total, so thought could save a bit of time by flying with domestic flight haha

rootz

Reaction score
Well, no need to rush as what others have mentioned. In fact, if you are not travelling alone, all the more u should take the train.

No lah not rushing actually, just happen to see online that some tourist chose domestic flight over train for one way from songshan to hualien. Some say the travelling time by train from Taoyuan to Hualien is ard 3hrs total, so thought could save a bit of time by flying with domestic flight haha

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Taoyuan no direct train to hualien, u still need bus to songshan.
End of the day, like it or not, lppl.
If the forum ppl tell u that, u should really not read too much into it.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, no need to rush as what others have mentioned. In fact, if you are not travelling alone, all the more u should take the train.

I took domestic from taitung to songshan before.
Because it is quite far off.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I have flown from taipei songshan airport to hualien and back before. dun forget the waiting time at the airport will add up. i'd suggest take the train instead.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have flown from taipei songshan airport to hualien and back before. dun forget the waiting time at the airport will add up. i'd suggest take the train instead.

Power lah!
Why u did that?

ZenTape

Reaction score
Haha guys any suggestions for indoor activities in Taipei? Been raining few days liao. Lol. Initially wanted to go yangmingshan also changed plans.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha guys any suggestions for indoor activities in Taipei? Been raining few days liao. Lol. Initially wanted to go yangmingshan also changed plans.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Museums at shilin area.
Arts at Zhongshan station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.