[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going tw next week. I planning to take bus from taoyuan to Taichung. Any bus operator to recommend?

Sent from Xiaomi MI A1 using GAGT
fast but expensive - HSR
not so fast, not so expensive - TRA
slow but cheap - bus
expensive and pain in ass - cab

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Going for my first taiwan trip at the Grand old age of 30. Will be there for 8 days during end January period.

Should be quite free and easy as I don't like to rush. Likely will be splitting between hualien and taipei only. Maybe drop by nearby Taipei for hot spring to experience it. Few queries to seek for advice

- Any hot spring resort or place recommendation? I read most say wulai better..
tpe, hualien, yilan....many places all hot spring....diff hot spring haf diff pH...
- in hualien, are the transportation easy to get? Or booking a driver be better? I have quite a number of days there so timing wise no rush, but only scare that it is difficult to get around.
outside hualien stn got cab or u can take Taiwan hao xing bus. if u got motorbike license, can try rent bike n tour ard
car license oso can but if u r alone den might be a little costly

Thanks in advance
comment in blue

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now at gaomei waiting for sunset! Any night market to recommend except feng jia? I found zhonghua road night market and tung hai night market. Anyone been there b4? Any reviews?

b3cks_

Reaction score
comment in blue

Nice. Thankss for your reply. Got car license but no bike license even though I know how to ride.... Car rental seems costly though. Like comparable to book a driver one day.

Paiseh just clarify a bit, I meaning traveling to nature sites in hualien (taroke, etc.)and also definitely he huan shan (I see picture too awesome to not visit liao). So are there public bus service that goes there? If so are they recommended? If so I will research for it.

Thanks.

Last edited:

csoyzx

Master Member
Reaction score
travelling to taipei during mid april.. hows the weather like ah? any seasonal attractions or events?

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice. Thankss for your reply. Got car license but no bike license even though I know how to ride.... Car rental seems costly though. Like comparable to book a driver one day.

Paiseh just clarify a bit, I meaning traveling to nature sites in hualien (taroke, etc.)and also definitely he huan shan (I see picture too awesome to not visit liao). So are there public bus service that goes there? If so are they recommended? If so I will research for it.

Thanks.
of cos,car rental is much more costly
for taroko,u can take cab,book cab or take the Tw tourism bus.
But going further like he huan shan...I would recommend book a cab. Cos the bus got timing n the timing is like an hr per bus. So u will have difficulty in ur tour

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay. Thanks man.. bus journey about 2hrs?

Oh yah.. where shld I alight when I reach Taichung?
I first time go Taichung..

Sent from Xiaomi MI A1 using GAGT
usually from airport to Taichung
The bus will stop at 干城 or 朝馬stn
Not sure if they have new stn stopping at Taichung train stn anot
Have to ask the counters when u buy the ticket

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
travelling to taipei during mid april.. hows the weather like ah? any seasonal attractions or events?

cooling weather. If lucky still can c sakura(provided they haven't wither)
since weather still cold,can go for hot spring,eat mala hot pot

b3cks_

Reaction score
of cos,car rental is much more costly
for taroko,u can take cab,book cab or take the Tw tourism bus.
But going further like he huan shan...I would recommend book a cab. Cos the bus got timing n the timing is like an hr per bus. So u will have difficulty in ur tour

I see. Thanks.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
by law..........yes
new law was implemented after sun yat sun granddotter was kill due to no wearing of seat belt
Sun yat sen and cks both matyrs offsprings very sway.
Coz no 入土為安。
代代相傳,子孫都。。。

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks.
Rent car is OTOT.
Hehuanshan not all the time good weather so yes it is nice, but if with driver, sway u go up see nothing.
When u depart, the skies open up.
If self drive, u can stay and go as you like.
Taiwan hard to rent bike in certain places.
So even if you know HOW. No biggies.
I also know how and has a MID license, but then locals dun rent u due to insurance and scared u kena fine and they cannot claim off u, they will simply refuse by all means.
So ideally, drive if you can. Can stop anything , anywhere.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cooling weather. If lucky still can c sakura(provided they haven't wither)
since weather still cold,can go for hot spring,eat mala hot pot

Mid April really is bobi bobi one.
Dun tell me the one who asking is planning for good friday trip?

A thing to note: not the whole of Taiwan’s sakura blossom bloom at the same time.

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mid April really is bobi bobi one.
Dun tell me the one who asking is planning for good friday trip?

A thing to note: not the whole of Taiwan’s sakura blossom bloom at the same time.
april should go jp for sakura

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rent car is OTOT.
Hehuanshan not all the time good weather so yes it is nice, but if with driver, sway u go up see nothing.
When u depart, the skies open up.
If self drive, u can stay and go as you like.
Taiwan hard to rent bike in certain places.
So even if you know HOW. No biggies.
I also know how and has a MID license, but then locals dun rent u due to insurance and scared u kena fine and they cannot claim off u, they will simply refuse by all means.
So ideally, drive if you can. Can stop anything , anywhere.
Hualien should b ok for bike,I rent b4
But taitung is no
Anyway recently I saw some articles saying govt allows heavy bike for rental as well.
Maybe next time I shall rent a cls2 bike to finish my round Tw tour

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.