[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Villas-Boas

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is my initial plan. I am trying to do all these by public transport. We have 6 people. All young ppl. We have 8 days.

Taoyuan airport > Nantou > Hua Lian > Taipei.

But I have since heard that it is hard to travel from Nantou to Hua Lian. So I change it to :

Taoyuan > Tai Chung > Nantou > Taipei.

This seems better right? What do you think guys? Any help is appreciated. ;)

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT

incredible.piggie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know can hire driver but we got 6 people. We trying to save cost and see if can go by public transport.

I am trying to hit both Hua Lian and Nantou. That why asking if can travel to and fro. I have 8 days in Taiwan so not sure if enough time. If from Tai Chung to Nantou how long is it??

If it's your first time to taiwan, pls don't do such "run road" itinerary.

8days assuming arrival and departure day, you technically only got 7 days.

Day 1 Taichung (TC overnight)
Day 2 SML (SML/CJ overnight)
Day 3 CJ (CJ overnight)
Day 4 HHS + taroko gorge (hualien overnight)
Day 5 hualien (taipei over night)
Day 6-7 Taipei
Day 8 Depart

U see how tight this schedule is? machiam run road

salmoner

Reaction score
Anyone took bus 160 from Taichung HSR to Fengjia area? Is it advisable to take the bus with few luggage or cab will be a better choice? And if cab, around how much is the cost?

incredible.piggie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone took bus 160 from Taichung HSR to Fengjia area? Is it advisable to take the bus with few luggage or cab will be a better choice? And if cab, around how much is the cost?

If you have taken HSR on that day, there is a free shuttle bus from taichung hsr to fengjia area. Not sure if they still provide such service thought. Luggage wise no issue for me

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know can hire driver but we got 6 people. We trying to save cost and see if can go by public transport.

I am trying to hit both Hua Lian and Nantou. That why asking if can travel to and fro. I have 8 days in Taiwan so not sure if enough time. If from Tai Chung to Nantou how long is it??

Save cost but got six ppl, can be achievable. Get driver ba. Any plan beats ASA HOLIDAY planning.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Cab will be ideal if you have 29”.
InSG, u also dun carry 29” on bus, why wanna do that overseas?
21” then go take bus.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If it's your first time to taiwan, pls don't do such "run road" itinerary.

8days assuming arrival and departure day, you technically only got 7 days.

Day 1 Taichung (TC overnight)
Day 2 SML (SML/CJ overnight)
Day 3 CJ (CJ overnight)
Day 4 HHS + taroko gorge (hualien overnight)
Day 5 hualien (taipei over night)
Day 6-7 Taipei
Day 8 Depart

U see how tight this schedule is? machiam run road

Sml can dun over night though.
Means macam no taipei shopping.
Sianz.
One day danshui, one day shifen.
GG!

jayz89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to travel from hualien to jiufen?

I read go hualien station>taipei then bus to jiu fen? Bus 788?

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone here has experience watching concert at Taipei Arena? Besides the lockers inside the stadium, any idea where else i can keep my stuff before entering for concert? I just checked Taipei Arena website, they only have 150 lockers lor...

Btw, whats the fast way to travel from Taoyuan Airport to Taipei Arena, other than taxi of course. I am attending a concert next Sat, they are at opening merchandise sales at 2pm but my plane is only touching down at 11am... :(
Anyone can help? I am thinking from Taoyuan airport take airport mrt to Beimen station change songshan line to Taipei arena station. But fastest???

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4 time in taipei, any recommendation anot ah haha

this time 5 days 1 day business trip 4 day otot cuz i extend hahah

last i went was 2 yr

Any must go cafe that just open?

And where can i buy kitchen item from there ah? like cups and bowls or knifes

Last edited:

Cynn2016

Reaction score
Anyone know portable fan cannot be carry pass check in? Because i brought the fan from home and now im at the airport, they throwing my fan away. And to make it worst, the officer actually used MY fan after he took it from me. :mad: :mad:

navarro_t

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know portable fan cannot be carry pass check in? Because i brought the fan from home and now im at the airport, they throwing my fan away. And to make it worst, the officer actually used MY fan after he took it from me. :mad: :mad:

you mean changi airport?

Takagi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
taoyuan or changi

although i doubt is changi

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Batteries may need to be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.