[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nice ... must add 深坑老街 to coming trip
but don't have good impression of taiwan style smelly tofu after trying them at 士林

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
of coz i don't go for just food. besides it along the way to taipei if i arrive from shifen, yilan :)

g_t2006

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the better smelly tofu in Taipei is at Raohe. The better one in Taiwan is at the Luodong night market, 阿灶伯.

Last edited:

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OK back from another TW business trip and this time staying at Fullon Hotel Taoyuan Airport MRT A8.

After staying there, I'm beginning to understand Guishan/Linkou better. The economy of this area is centred around Chang Gung Memorial Hospital. The pediatrics department here is well known and thousands of people walk through this hospital.

As a result, this place is the closest you can get to Taipei without staying at Taipei itself. It is also pretty busy but not to the manic business of Taipei.

Over here, you find the Mitsui Outlet Mall at Linkou as I have mentioned before. There are 2 McD's here, a KFC and 2 Starbucks outlets within walking distance to each other. The economy is really centred around the hospital.

It is also the only express stop after the airport before TMS. So it is that important. It is like Jurong East Interchange. The A8 hotel here is good but if you want cheaper, there is the Fullon Hotel at Linkou which is at A9 but it is not an express stop. So to get here fast, take the express to A8 and ride the non-express back to A9 and walk about 900m to the Linkou hotel.

At the A9 station, it is connected to another Global Mall. Same owner as the Global Mall at A8. Not as happening as A8 but the tenants there are just as good.

zepanda

Reaction score
any specific area to go in taipei if I'm looking for sports shoes? like court shoes, badminton shoes,running shoes etc

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This one u probably need to go queue at 6am. dun think worth it unless u really like 烧饼.

There are others like 永和豆浆.

20150410062933960.png

永和豆浆,many shops, but none is as real as 世界豆浆大王。

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
20150410062933960.png

永和豆浆,many shops, but none is as real as 世界豆浆大王。

yah... dunno which one is real. i tried one near the hotel. not bad, first time eat savory soy bean, dun like it. haha.

TLCTLC88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is 阜杭豆漿 really that nice?

I like soya bean drink (with little / without sugar though) and only tried the 烧饼 in SG (the geylang branch).

The 烧饼+egg+you tiao together really nice eh? Like carbo + carbo to me (reads SINFUL leh).

TLCTLC88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear all gurus

Any night markets worth visiting in Taipei?

I have been to the followings NM so wanna check any other NM worth visiting for my next trip:

- Shilin (briefly only, not to the basement)
- Danshui
- Shi Da
- Tong Hua (aka 临江街夜市)
- Raohe
- Hua Xi

Already been to Jiufen and Miao Kou too.

Will be going Ningxia for my next trip but i have 2 nights in Taipei, so wondering what to do.

TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.