Not open for further replies.

Takagi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If book eva, i will book the 9plus flight instead of the 7am one

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
initial plans was to start at jiaoxi, unfortunately, departing plane is 7am so llst have to cancel out jiaoxi due to time constraints.

Good luck waking up to this time.
Alternative, book taoyuan novotel.

tomicaguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also have to take a EVA flight at 740am from TPE. What time should I leave hotel? I will stay in Zhongshan district. From Google map, it says can reach airport in 33mins.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also have to take a EVA flight at 740am from TPE. What time should I leave hotel? I will stay in Zhongshan district. From Google map, it says can reach airport in 33mins.

4:30 ideally must wake up and go cab liao.
Even cab at 5am, 5:45 reached, it takes some time to clear immigration at T2.
Lesson to be learned, avoid 0740h flight.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Standard is 2hr advance + 1hr transport

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Share from tripadvisor - Tom. Very detail information for those who are interested.
Wulai
First off, getting there. MRT to Xindian and bus to Wulai, except this can be difficult. The 849 is the only bus, and given it's starts in Taipei, you can expect to have to wait for one! There were 50 people waiting at Xindian, only 15 of us got on. The journey itself is a typical bus ride into the mountains, hold on and hold on tight! The journey took 30 minutes. Taxis for the record, are fixed priced at NT$680 not $600 as seen elsewhere on the internet, and this has been the case for 3 years apparently.
I arrived in Wulai at 1125 - 1hr 30 from my hostel in central Taipei and it was surprisingly quiet. A quaint old street, without the crowds of Jiufen or Shifen. I walked to the waterfall in about 30 minutes or so with very few walking there. The waterfall was impressive, but it's the other side of the river, and drops into the river rather than being part of it. Nonetheless, a lovely sight and no huge crowds jostling for photos, yes I'm talking to you Shifen.

The cable car is 220NT and includes admission to the Yunshien resort, which was very quiet. Excellent views from the cable car and the Yunshien resort was surprisingly quiet. My time was limited, and regrettably only spent an hour there, although could have spent another hour easily, whether it was eating lunch - grilled partridge was tempting or trying one of the games. Archery was 80NT for 15 arrows and there was only me, and a small group of locals doing it! A great bit of fun, several arrows missing by more than a metre!

Heading back, I was in a cable car to myself! And I took the log train back, 1.6km which again, I was the only one on! The queue to get on, at the other end must have been 200 deep though and the look of amazement I got, stepping out on my own were a sight to see. Walk to the waterfall, log train back is my advice.
The old street was a bit busier at 2:15 than 11:25, but you could walk down it easily. The bus back took around 30 minutes to get back to Xindian. More of the same, hold on? cling on to the ceiling hooks! I eventually got to Xinzhuang before 4pm, wishing I'd stayed longer and done more archery!
Soooo, my advice on Wulai
-Go early - arrive midday latest to avoid the busier afternoon.
-Don't expect to get on the first bus at Xindian
-Walk to the waterfall, log train back
-Make sure you plan for 3-4 hours.

One of my favourite spots, and yet really not talked about in the same vain as other spots in northern Taiwan. There's a lot of hyped up places, Wulai is definitely one of the better.
I also stopped off at Xindian on the way back, I had previously hiked the Hemei and Shitou trails back in early April in rain. But it was too hot to do anything but have a sit down and kill some time before the baseball.
So yeah, Wulai, it's worth it!

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
7am plane timing very jialat, have to wake up very early. And taxi have to ask hotel to pre-book.
Good luck waking up to this time.
Alternative, book taoyuan novotel.
used to it, my work requires me to take red eye flight. cannot afford novotel; good suggestion tho
I am taking 1819 4:00am. apparently they hv 24hr bus services.

EDIT: Is bo bian to take 7am flight. have other schedules

Last edited:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did u took cab? not sure how reliable is their bus shuttle to airport

when u r used to tropics their winter is cold

Nope. I dragged my luggage and walked 15-20mins to take the bus.
I would have used cab though.
If you knw where the bus pick up point, then not as bad.
U will not want to hunt for it on actual day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.