[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone that took a TRA from Kaohsiung to Tainan before can advise if it is easy to board the Train like HSR? And can bring up a 28"luggage and put at seat???

thanks in advance!! :)

Possible but best you can try to slot the luggage between cabin(if there’s space)
I push my 29 up puyuma abit huge to slot between seats(so I use the method above)

Don’t forget your luggage:)

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
hi folks,

travelling with wife and baby in Dec. For flying cow ranch, does it make sense to stay 2 weekdays nights? was thinking cow ranch for 2 days and then 3rd day on checkout head to strawberry farms at dahu area before heading down to Taichung..

Itinerary is briefly this:
D1: touch down 6pm at TPE, head to XMD and stay 1 night
D2: travel down to Flying Cow Ranch
D3: Flying Cow Ranch
D4: Check Out from Flying Cow Ranch > Strawberry Farm at Dahu area > Taichung check in (then do FJ night market)
D5: Taichung
D6: Taichung
D7: Check out from Taichung > Taipei
D8: Taipei
D9: Fly back from TPE to SGP 09.55am

For TC not sure what are the good itineraries to recommend for children <2yo? Please advise TIA.
personally, i felt dahu very overrated and very expensive. chao chao $10 -$15 per food item related to strawberry. they also sell strawberry liquer & honey liquer which i feel cost more than other countries i have been to.

but if u are driving or hired driver, no harm have a look

yes the strawberries are large n sweet, they also hv strawberry meatball. yes, strawberry mix in w pork mince to produce.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah next week the temp gonna rise up abit...27 or 28 deg at taipei
Sian thought will be cooling

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Still cooling weather.
Do bring light jacket.
Light enough to keep when it is hot, sufficient enough when it is cold.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone that took a TRA from Kaohsiung to Tainan before can advise if it is easy to board the Train like HSR? And can bring up a 28"luggage and put at seat???

thanks in advance!! :)
Or look for 客運。

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
personally, i felt dahu very overrated and very expensive. chao chao $10 -$15 per food item related to strawberry. they also sell strawberry liquer & honey liquer which i feel cost more than other countries i have been to.

but if u are driving or hired driver, no harm have a look

yes the strawberries are large n sweet, they also hv strawberry meatball. yes, strawberry mix in w pork mince to produce.
And out of place.
So to go experience it must be right time.
If u intend to buy strawberries, most are sprayed with some pesticides and please wash before eating.
Also hard to bring back to share.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And out of place.
So to go experience it must be right time.
If u intend to buy strawberries, most are sprayed with some pesticides and please wash before eating.
Also hard to bring back to share.

If strawberry season, you can see strawberry every where in Taichung. Cheap, big and sweet.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally decide cannot wait anymore le, so booked the air tickets and hotel today. First week of December total around $700, the flight is on the higher end, jetstar$500... Going to Nakashima Nina concert. Then if can make it, will hop to 台大 for 柯泯薰 campus performance. :D

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

~WindzStriker~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys,

this time flying with family, baby and elderly, and wife.

that's why i wont be so adventurous like last time, my last taiwan trip was 4 years ago, everything forget liao :s13:

this time round, intend go taichung, and taipei only.
cannot afford long journey rides with a baby and elderly, thus cingjing, all those places cannot go.

as it is first time to taichung, mind sharing where is good to go for family outing and toddler under 2 years old.

is it worth to stay more than a night in taichung ?

cause my plan is once touch down at taoyuan airport, head to HSR straight to taichung liao, then see 1 or 2 nights there before HSR to Taipei

~WindzStriker~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh ya these few years, like the past 5 years any new malls opened in taipei ?
wanna keep myself updated

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'll be heading to Kaohsiung (direct), thinking to go directly to Chiayi upon landing, because I'm planning To go Alishan the next day. Is this route okay?

Best route to Chiayi from Kaohsiung is via HSR?

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
I'll be heading to Kaohsiung (direct), thinking to go directly to Chiayi upon landing, because I'm planning To go Alishan the next day. Is this route okay?

Chiayi is the nearest town to alishan ma
I also stopover at chia yi for a night and depart to alishan next morn

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Best way to chiayi is actually by taiwan train service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.