[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

theREALthongs

Reaction score
That's not bad for the price.

Better meals? Like what the rest said, u need to walk in the dark to find food.

If you are willing to walk, there is a nice place that sells roasted chicken.

where is the roasted chicken

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I happily book hsr tic from klook during Black Friday for my jan family trip. Then kkday yesterday got this. https://www.facebook.com/419007131584077/posts/1173966452754804/

Btw anyone know cab in Taichung easy to get ma? I gg see my laogong concert at the baseball stadium there then like it’s so “far” and inaccessible from city. Dunno if I shld like pre-book cab from concert venue to hotel ma.

U staying in Taichung?

Mayday concert their transport arrangement very solid one
Check under 相信音乐 fb they got a post about this

chemcutie

Reaction score
U staying in Taichung?

Mayday concert their transport arrangement very solid one
Check under 相信音乐 fb they got a post about this

But I din see any back to Taichung city center, TRA or HSR leh. U know the link?

lolsianlol

Reaction score
Hi all, I will be travelling to Taiwan with a friend from 31/12/18 to 06/01/19. I had sought inputs from this forum previously a few years back and i really appreciated those help. Will seek your help again regarding my 7 days itinerary. I will be visiting three cities (Kaohsiung, Hualien, Taipei).

Day 1(31st): (Kaohsiung)
Touch down at Kaohsiung airport. Will be visiting
- pier 2 art district
- Takao railway museum
- Huada tapioca milktea
- Gangyuan taiwanese beef noodle
- Xinkujiang shopping district
- Liuhe night market
- maybe count down?

Day 2: Kaohsiung
- Breakfast
- Cycle at Cijin island
- British Consulate at Takow
- Kaohsiung Martyrs’ Shrine / Shoushan LOVE Valentine’s Lookout
- Kaohsiung Wude Hall
- Gushan Daitian Temple
- Dream mall

Day 3: Kaohshiung to Hualien
- Golden Triangle Shopping Area
- Hualien Railway Culture Park
- Dongdamen

Day 4: Hualien
Taroke Gorge (Booked a one day tour through Klook)

Day 5: Hualien to Taipei

Day 6-7 Taipei

My concerns are day 3 and day 5 when we need to travel from Kaohshiung to Hualien and from Hualien to Taipei respectively.

For day 3, I researched a bit and i found that there is a 自强車種 plying the southeast region of Taiwan.
wiwyg9.jpg

1. According to the above picture, does it mean that I have to be ready at Kaohshiung station at 1030am and I will reach Hualien around 4pm if i were to take train 307?
2 . Also, the ticket is 705 NT but I am not sure what is the best to buy the ticket. Should I get the ticket online or should I buy only when I am there? (My concern is that there might be no more ticket given that it is holiday period)

For day 5, there is a 普悠瑪車種 service from hualien to taipei
fmnlzk.png

3. According to the picture, does it means I will board the train 273 at 1.28pm and alight at taipei main station at 3.40pm?

Let me know if there are better way to travel between the cities. Will appreciate if you give me some suggestions regarding places to go in hualien and Kaohsiung too. Thanks!

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I will be travelling to Taiwan with a friend from 31/12/18 to 06/01/19. I had sought inputs from this forum previously a few years back and i really appreciated those help. Will seek your help again regarding my 7 days itinerary. I will be visiting three cities (Kaohsiung, Hualien, Taipei).
Day 1(31st): (Kaohsiung)
Touch down at Kaohsiung airport. Will be visiting
- pier 2 art district
- Takao railway museum
- Huada tapioca milktea
- Gangyuan taiwanese beef noodle
- Xinkujiang shopping district
- Liuhe night market
- maybe count down?

Day 2: Kaohsiung
- Breakfast
- Cycle at Cijin island
- British Consulate at Takow
- Kaohsiung Martyrs’ Shrine / Shoushan LOVE Valentine’s Lookout
- Kaohsiung Wude Hall
- Gushan Daitian Temple
- Dream mall

Day 3: Kaohshiung to Hualien
- Golden Triangle Shopping Area
- Hualien Railway Culture Park
- Dongdamen

Day 4: Hualien
Taroke Gorge (Booked a one day tour through Klook)

Day 5: Hualien to Taipei

Day 6-7 Taipei

My concerns are day 3 and day 5 when we need to travel from Kaohshiung to Hualien and from Hualien to Taipei respectively.

For day 3, I researched a bit and i found that there is a 自强車種 plying the southeast region of Taiwan.
wiwyg9.jpg

1. According to the above picture, does it mean that I have to be ready at Kaohshiung station at 1030am and I will reach Hualien around 4pm if i were to take train 307?
2 . Also, the ticket is 705 NT but I am not sure what is the best to buy the ticket. Should I get the ticket online or should I buy only when I am there? (My concern is that there might be no more ticket given that it is holiday period)

For day 5, there is a 普悠瑪車種 service from hualien to taipei
fmnlzk.png

3. According to the picture, does it means I will board the train 273 at 1.28pm and alight at taipei main station at 3.40pm?

Let me know if there are better way to travel between the cities. Will appreciate if you give me some suggestions regarding places to go in hualien and Kaohsiung too. Thanks!
Your Day 1, very packed.
Trains need book ahead due to limited slots. Worse when u going that period.
So do book ahead.

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But I din see any back to Taichung city center, TRA or HSR leh. U know the link?

https://www.facebook.com/234699196593190/posts/2614835231912896/

If u stay TC just take cab home ba
Prepare some $$ for it

disastrous

Reaction score
Is it advisable to go Yangmingshan and Jiufen (just the old street) in one day? We have a driver. Or where to suggest after going YMS?

frost_fei

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm a long time lurker, literally '1st' time poster. Would like to check if the HSR operates on 1st Jan'19 & if TC has shops opened? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.