[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenapa siol

Master Member
Reaction score
Flying to Taoyuan tmr and will be at tp for for a few days. Hear say the temp in the day is around 15-18, at night is 11-13, quite chilly.

Online custom check-in done
Wifi router collecting at Klook counter
Taking guo guang bus to TPMS and transfer to xm station

Meanwhile, no itinerary to follow. Just very very free and easy, go where and eat what as we pass by :)

Takagi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Takagi
Your friend said anything about this?
this old man frequent flyer with them
LA to Bangkok via Taipei

kena reported a few times liao but management only say will monitor but no further action taken

aiyo, ever since the ex-chairman (only child of the 2nd wife of the founder), the management which was taken over by the children of the 1st wife had not been treating the frontline staff such as the crews very well.

Tsoukalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LA to Bangkok via Taipei

kena reported a few times liao but management only say will monitor but no further action taken

aiyo, ever since the ex-chairman (only child of the 2nd wife of the founder), the management which was taken over by the children of the 1st wife had not been treating the frontline staff such as the crews very well.
This fat arse literally sheet on a flight when they refused to help him on a trip back to la & ppl have to put up w his sheet literally for 10 to 12 hrs & another x he sheet in his diapers. Should ban him from flying

Sent from 西方极乐世界 using GAGT

Wryer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone used the Changi recommends day tour packages before? Checking if there are ant negative feedback.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LA to Bangkok via Taipei

Ya lor.
Sadly, family business in different hands.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Flying to Taoyuan tmr and will be at tp for for a few days. Hear say the temp in the day is around 15-18, at night is 11-13, quite chilly.

Online custom check-in done
Wifi router collecting at Klook counter
Taking guo guang bus to TPMS and transfer to xm station

Meanwhile, no itinerary to follow. Just very very free and easy, go where and eat what as we pass by :)

Just came back from taipei. weather quite gloomy, not very cold.

i took the mrt from airport to tms to xmd (via green line). just follow the signs, quite easy and fast. u can try this.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But this wasn’t the case for us in our recent trip last month. As I had read from this forum that many had used the auto gates during their departure from Taoyuan Airport, so we thought that this is now the current practice and made our way to the auto gates. However we were stopped by an airport staff, telling us that the auto gates are not for people like us who are holding foreign passports and directed us to the manned counters. :s11: So ya, our passports all have the departure stamps.

I was also diverted to manual counters at times.

there are 2 queues: one for citizens and one for foreigners. the foreigners queue has 2 types of clearance: e-gate (default) and manned counters. i noticed some foreigners are automatically directed to manned counters by customs officers. i guess certain nationalities cannot use the e-gate. i used the e-gate and got thru' with no fuss.

Takagi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there are 2 queues: one for citizens and one for foreigners. the foreigners queue has 2 types of clearance: e-gate (default) and manned counters. i noticed some foreigners are automatically directed to manned counters by customs officers. i guess certain nationalities cannot use the e-gate. i used the e-gate and got thru' with no fuss.
lol i was directed to manned counter leh

is depends on the queue and their moods la :s13:

efreelancer

Reaction score
Just came back from taipei. weather quite gloomy, not very cold.

i took the mrt from airport to tms to xmd (via green line). just follow the signs, quite easy and fast. u can try this.

How much u pay and how long for the train? The bus to taipei train station is quite fast and cheap alr.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much u pay and how long for the train? The bus to taipei train station is quite fast and cheap alr.

if use youyou card, nt150 tpe to tms. buy 1 way ticket is nt160. express train from t1 is 35min to tms. another 10 to 15min to tms via green line.

the bus is also efficient, but average 40min to 1hr depending on traffic. nt140 per trip. trains have no traffic to worry about.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol i was directed to manned counter leh

is depends on the queue and their moods la :s13:

not really. muslims tried to use the e-gate but unable to get through. end up the officers have to direct all of them to manned counters. did not see whether they are malaysians or indonesians.

efreelancer

Reaction score
if use youyou card, nt150 tpe to tms. buy 1 way ticket is nt160. express train from t1 is 35min to tms. another 10 to 15min to tms via green line.

the bus is also efficient, but average 40min to 1hr depending on traffic. nt140 per trip. trains have no traffic to worry about.

Yeh bus is very near and took ard or less than 40 mins usually and can see many things. But guess repeat visitors like me will take the train next time to see new scenery. But thinking back for such short distance tw charged so much more compared to our sg mrt and buses from changi lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.