[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 9

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some cab can some cannot... if only 2 person... i think can place 1 luggage in the passenger seat if the driver allows...

I usually hire MaxiCab or minibus... MaxiCab can put at least 4 28" behind... and some small luggages at the front...
He ask for 2...
Unless that uncle/aunt put a lot in their own boot, if not , all can fit 2.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If got a mix of 29" and smaller size luggages... usually can arrange here and there to fit... but if all large 28/29" very hard... even 2 large for normal taxis quite challenging...
Now Prius can fit 2.
2 is the max/limit.
If put at car seats, will be those 20-21".
Some also will not allow u to put there.

Side track, my ride from West to Changi Airport , cost about 51 last Sunday.
Driver also told me Sienta cannot fit as much, they may even need to reject customers.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now rainy day jin song good weather as long not thunderstorm can le. Walk everywhere can hear dong Suan 😆
I am in the area where they shouting number 14 邱靖雅 and 16 林祺軒
Like the old times in Singapore where all the nominees name are blasted over the lorry.

bluebellas

Reaction score
Can fit 2.
I last booked GRAB for 4 pax.
using the 6 seater. A NOAH came and then we fit 3 21" and 2 29".
Think I'll get a Grab 6-seater then, 4 pax and probably 1 large 1 med, 1 small luggage. Not sure how maxi cab charges.

How about return journey? Do you all use Grab instead of taxi? My return flight will touch down and 11 plus at night.

Also anyone stayed in both Hotel Relax I and II before? Any difference in experience?

ApeTruelove

Master Member
Reaction score
Think I'll get a Grab 6-seater then, 4 pax and probably 1 large 1 med, 1 small luggage. Not sure how maxi cab charges.

How about return journey? Do you all use Grab instead of taxi? My return flight will touch down and 11 plus at night.

Also anyone stayed in both Hotel Relax I and II before? Any difference in experience?
If you are staying at east area just taxi.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If all 4 stays in the same residence, then I will grab a maxi-cab or alphard from airport limousine service which cost near to 60 or 62, cannot remember.
Of course if your distance is damn far, like Clementi, Jurong, can consider.

poonyq

Reaction score
i also booked Richardson for my dec trip.. anyone stayed b4?
Room pretty big and decent for Midtown Richardson, but if you want to go out during peak hour or check out/ check in time, prepare to wait for the lift. pre covid i was there in dec/jan and once i waited 20 mins for the lift.

darcbleu

Reaction score
Room pretty big and decent for Midtown Richardson, but if you want to go out during peak hour or check out/ check in time, prepare to wait for the lift. pre covid i was there in dec/jan and once i waited 20 mins for the lift.
hopefully post covid not much tourist and also mainland not open yet

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pre Covid already not much tiongs tourists in TW... due to the tension btw these 2 countries...

Got a lot of koreans though...
As long as the lousy president keeps badmouthing China, no Chinese will go. Why spend in a country that does it like them?

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As long as the lousy president keeps badmouthing China, no Chinese will go. Why spend in a country that does it like them?

According to my driver... still got chinese go over for business trip and students over for competitions etc... but compared to MYJ times is big big difference... and they dun stay for leisure liao... finish business/competition is straight away fly back...

But then is good for us... less crowded...

ApeTruelove

Master Member
Reaction score
According to my driver... still got chinese go over for business trip and students over for competitions etc... but compared to MYJ times is big big difference... and they dun stay for leisure liao... finish business/competition is straight away fly back...

But then is good for us... less crowded...
Now the top three % of tourists should be from Thailand, Vietnam and Philippine... Even my flight SG to Tpe at least 50% is worker from Vietnam....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.