[OFFICIAL] Tokyo 2020 Olympics, 23 July - 9 August 2021, Mediacorp, Singtel & StarHub

likevegetable

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bbb3848a5d4a4297aefd43dc600e4977.jpg
Still all to play for. Italy is now must win for them.

ROC and Turkey will definitely lose points as they face each other in the finale.

ChinTuaKi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still all to play for. Italy is now must win for them.

ROC and Turkey will definitely lose points as they face each other in the finale.
yes ..and win by 3-0 or 3-1...

but from the remaining 2 matches. china at most tie at 7 points with turkey......from what i cn see...might be wrong....then will go into tiebreaker....really is just a Sliver of hope.....

unless russia gals lose to USA and turkey big time ...and china win italy and argentina big time.......then china will have 7 points and 4th spot, Russia 5 points and 5th spot.

haha..fight for miracle..like rio 2016 or worse.

likevegetable

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes ..and win by 3-0 or 3-1...

but from the remaining 2 matches. china at most tie at 7 points with turkey......from what i cn see...might be wrong....then will go into tiebreaker....really is just a Sliver of hope.....

unless russia gals lose to USA and turkey big time ...and china win italy and argentina big time.......then chian will have 7 points and 4th spot, Russia 5 points and 5th spot.

haha..fight for miracle..like rio 2016 or worse.
There's still qualifying past ROC if they dun get more than 1 point vs USA and Turkey.
(Assuming CHN manages to pick up 6 points of cos)

ChinTuaKi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's still qualifying past ROC if they dun get more than 1 point vs USA and Turkey.
(Assuming CHN manages to get 6 points of cos)
yeah....you are right man....

USA advance to next round already....so if they dulan china team, as all teams are....they might just relax ...and kick out china....haha....

likevegetable

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah....you are right man....

USA advance to next round already....so if they dulan china team, as all teams are....they might just relax ...and kick out china....haha....
Likewise with Italy bah, see if they plan to rest a few key players since they are thru.

testing_testing

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
His nickname "Snakeman" lol :D

Table tennis commentator brings excitement to Olympic games

It’s safe to say Adam Bobrow is one of the most colorful commentators at the Tokyo Olympics. And when you see him, you’ll understand why.

“I love table tennis and I want to help the world love it.”

Bobrow is an announcer as well as a competitive table tennis player.

“As a commentator, I don’t see my job as just calling the games, I create the story. I get to find the context, I get to help people care about the athletes and get them emotionally invested.”

Bobrow’s love of the sport started when he was a kid.

“My dad played ping pong with me on the driveway and he did things that I never imagined possible.”

And now Bobrow is redefining what’s possible. His nickname, “Snakeman,” comes from one of his signature moves which are almost as memorable as his signature look.

“Visually, colors to me, vibrant colors excite me, they make me feel happy, a sign of life and friendliness.”

All of that translates into the way he calls the action and he hopes to capture the attention of the world one set and one match at a time.

“For the rest of the world, it’s once every four years, they’re flipping through the channels and they’re like ‘woah, ping pong’s in the Olympics, when did that start?’”

crimsontactics

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think NOC must mandate table tennis girls to wear short skirt while playing to increase fan base... :(

Kitty14

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow morning so many events to watch

Athletics starting , swimming finals, volleyball mens
Finally Athletics - the true and oldest disciplines in the historical Olympic Games

The ancient Games included running, long jump, shot put, javelin, boxing, pankration and equestrian events
The ancient Olympic Games were initially a one-day event until 684 BC, when they were extended to three days. In the 5th century B.C., the Games were extended again to cover five days.

Ancient_Games_The_Sports_Events.jpg

https://olympics.com/ioc/ancient-olympic-games/the-sports-events

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.