[OFFICIAL] SIMBA Telecom

SongManKranji

High Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I wanted to share my experience here after staying with M1 for the last 18 years. M1 is terrible at retaining old customers, and fooling us for the poor internet access. Things have taken a 180 change in the last 4 years when I kept facing poor connectivity even when my signal strength is full. This is also correlated to the same timeline as when they hired a ahneh CEO. I won’t elaborate how much I’ve done on my own expense (changing 3 phones a year). This switch to SIMBA has opened my world to how fast and stable mobile connectivity in Singapore is (excluding M1).
My plan was expired for 2nd day, and I switched to SIMBA at 7:30pm in the evening at their retailer in the West. Sign up was a breeze (3-mins), paid $12 and went for my dinner. Couple of hours later my M1 line got deactivated and SIMBA came on. I went to work in the day and had full LTE connectivity and instantaneous whatsapp message sent when I type a response. Surfing websites is also much faster and I don’t need to look at my signal strength anymore, neither do I need to switch airplane mode. There was once in the day where my connectivity disappeared for 1min, this happened while I was in a meeting.
Amazing experience so far, am going to switch more phones to SIMBA! Internet is going to SIMBA 2.5Gbps at $20!
1f619.png

CGNAT isn’t an issue for me.
I am on simba so far no regrets. Pls update us on the simba fibre once u start. I am looking at their fibre also.

Life is v short. Ai song song kao tuas & Changi.

krazyhippo

Reaction score
remember the silent majority. Those who are happy with it, are lurking all around and don't even bother to report their reviews.

Do you know any of your friends / colleagues / relatives that are using simba? I think they will give you a better picture of how simba performed. Sometimes i don't even believe the online reviews
I think their Facebook site Simba Telecom tells it all. Likely more subscribers will go Facebook post than coming HWZ..

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
remember the silent majority. Those who are happy with it, are lurking all around and don't even bother to report their reviews.

Do you know any of your friends / colleagues / relatives that are using simba? I think they will give you a better picture of how simba performed. Sometimes i don't even believe the online reviews
My sister recommend heya

ah_cleo

Master Member
Reaction score
just curious, how long you all take to receive the SIM cards, i applied on 17 Mar but until now haven receive.

gaoqikai

Reaction score
Now I’m in Bali, Indonesia.
SIMBA roaming only able to connect to Smartfren network. Indonesia’s no.4 network. Coverage is okay, not excellent

in SIMBA document says can connect to TSEL as well, but I’m unable to

kbwang

Reaction score
Now I’m in Bali, Indonesia.
SIMBA roaming only able to connect to Smartfren network. Indonesia’s no.4 network. Coverage is okay, not excellent

in SIMBA document says can connect to TSEL as well, but I’m unable to
Even the Japan roaming information not correct. KDDI VoLTE not working and Rakuten network not good kept dropping out

dave2024

Reaction score
just curious, how long you all take to receive the SIM cards, i applied on 17 Mar but until now haven receive.
Same situation; I didn't receive the SIM card after 7 days so I dropped them an email and they promised to resend. Another 7 days later, still yet to receive and dropped them another email. They told me to go down to their authorized service providers to pick up the SIM card myself at an additional $5. Pissed as hell at their 'service'

Was also informed that I can opt to cancel SIMBA service and stay with my current service provider but they won't refund the $10 paid as per their 'T&Cs'.

Last edited:

meowbear

Reaction score
I registered online on 08 Mar, asked for mail delivery.
They sent out on next working day, but it got lost.
Emailed them, they double-checked address (postal code problem ?) and was told to wait until 18 Mar.
Emailed them again on 18 Mar, they re-sent on 20 Mar.
Finally arrived on 25 Mar.

Very time consuming !
Cos each email reply from them takes 1-2 days.

When sim card arrived, I was happy.
Then disappointed again, cos couldn't activate.
Had to go to service centre.
Retail shop also cannot help.

Next day, went service centre.
The staff requested the activation & port-in.
Around 1am, the port-in was successful.

Really felt very let-down by the customer support, cos so much time wasted.
Even their hotline is an invalid number.

dave2024

Reaction score
Next day, went service centre.
The staff requested the activation & port-in.
Around 1am, the port-in was successful.

Really felt very let-down by the customer support, cos so much time wasted.
Even their hotline is an invalid number.
Did you have to pay extra at the service centre? Their so-called hotline is only for senior citizens; all other users have to email them or drop them messages in their FB page.

And can I confirm that your subscription only starts when the port-in was successful? Did they charge you for the time between 8th Mar to 25th Mar?

andrew_g

Reaction score
thinking of getting simba for my tablet $10 100g not bad $12 200g
then the billion $ question:
will youtube jam / stuck / hang / disconnect no network / crash etc?
will simple web browsing jam / stuck / hang / disconnect no network / crash etc?
and also mention places, home, starbucks, mrt, malls etc.
tq in advance

froztheart

Master Member
Reaction score
thinking of getting simba for my tablet $10 100g not bad $12 200g
then the billion $ question:
will youtube jam / stuck / hang / disconnect no network / crash etc?
will simple web browsing jam / stuck / hang / disconnect no network / crash etc?
and also mention places, home, starbucks, mrt, malls etc.
tq in advance
Dependent on where is the locations that you frequent.

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
signal down for me...... restarting phone not helping

knn

Now ok again..... looks like my area the SIMBA signal not steady...... sianz men :LOL::confused::mad::confused::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

meowbear

Reaction score
Did you have to pay extra at the service centre? Their so-called hotline is only for senior citizens; all other users have to email them or drop them messages in their FB page.

And can I confirm that your subscription only starts when the port-in was successful? Did they charge you for the time between 8th Mar to 25th Mar?
No extra payment at service centre.

Yea, subscription started on 26 March.
The moment Simba service kicked in after Singtel port-over, Simba's SMSes came in, informing bill cycle, etc ...

dave2024

Reaction score
No extra payment at service centre.

Yea, subscription started on 26 March.
The moment Simba service kicked in after Singtel port-over, Simba's SMSes came in, informing bill cycle, etc ...
Thanks for the information. My billing cycle with my existing service provider GIGA is 15th of every month so I was thinking of timing the port-over on 10th Apr. Doubt if I port over today, GIGA will pay me back for the days not used 😆

meowbear

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. My billing cycle with my existing service provider GIGA is 15th of every month so I was thinking of timing the port-over on 10th Apr. Doubt if I port over today, GIGA will pay me back for the days not used 😆
In that case, best you get to a Simba retailer to register & get the sim card. That way, your port-over should be either that very night or the next night.

Won't have irritating mis-haps/mis-timing like some of us who did online registration & sim delivery .

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.