[OFFICIAL] SIMBA Telecom

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tpg uses volte

redmi note 4 supports volte.

Vivo 1820 should support too, go to settings -> mobile network to turn on.
I just pop the new TPG simcard into my Redmi Note 4, confirm can volte call without the TPG 4G voice app. Put the same TPG simcard into the Vivo 1820, cannot volte call out unless use TPG 4G voice app. I try to find under the settings -> mobile network but cannot find option to activate VOLTE. I try to find solutions in youtube. They show volte option but my Vivo 1820 doesnt have this option... :(

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I just pop the new TPG simcard into my Redmi Note 4, confirm can volte call without the TPG 4G voice app. Put the same TPG simcard into the Vivo 1820, cannot volte call out unless use TPG 4G voice app. I try to find under the settings -> mobile network but cannot find option to activate VOLTE. I try to find solutions in youtube. They show volte option but my Vivo 1820 doesnt have this option... :(

I know the disable VoLTE check ( *#*#VOLTE#*#*) is a custom Xiaomi thing that they've built into MIUI. It doesn't work for other phones.

With VoLTE, it needs to be provisioned - so your phone manufacturer/carrier must have profiles with the provisioning parameters. The other way is to disregard checking for VoLTE and force it on or off, which is what the Xiaomi code (and the iPhone) currently does. So if it is available, the phone will just route packet switched calls over the LTE connection rather than drop to 3G as usual.

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a TPG 50 GB line and the CC that's paying the $10 monthly has been replaced by the bank due to loss of the CC. I can't find how to update the CC either in the TPG account or the TPG app. May I know what is the way to update the new CC?
Also the 30 days renewal is soon and I've read the FAQ that if renewal is unsuccessful the service will degrade to Basic Data Services which is reduced data speed. Anyone can share how that feels like in real world usage for Whatsapp? Thanks
Also how long (months) can the line remain un-renewed and in Basic Data Services mode? Many thanks for your insights.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a TPG 50 GB line and the CC that's paying the $10 monthly has been replaced by the bank due to loss of the CC. I can't find how to update the CC either in the TPG account or the TPG app. May I know what is the way to update the new CC?
Also the 30 days renewal is soon and I've read the FAQ that if renewal is unsuccessful the service will degrade to Basic Data Services which is reduced data speed. Anyone can share how that feels like in real world usage for Whatsapp? Thanks
Also how long (months) can the line remain un-renewed and in Basic Data Services mode? Many thanks for your insights.
Just send them an email informing about the credit card change, and that you can't find the option in the app to update. I won't put my credit card number in that email, though.
If still no reply next working day, shoot them another email.
Can consider giving an eye-catching title for your email so that any sleepy staff will wake up, and not wait for weeks to look into it.
Another option would be to visit their office.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just send them an email informing about the credit card change, and that you can't find the option in the app to update. I won't put my credit card number in that email, though.
If still no reply next working day, shoot them another email.
Can consider giving an eye-catching title for your email so that any sleepy staff will wake up, and not wait for weeks to look into it.
Another option would be to visit their office.
How eye catching can your subject line be?

"Bare naked financial concerns about TPG line (with pics)" ?

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
So it is really true that there's no online self service method to update CC info?
How about any experience with how long can the line remain in un-renewed basic Data Services mode? Thanks.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So it is really true that there's no online self service method to update CC info?
How about any experience with how long can the line remain in un-renewed basic Data Services mode? Thanks.
Unfortunately, their only mode of contact for any account-related updates seems to be through their CSO either in person or via their email, and they're not the most prompt in replying either. If it's important to you, it's better to go in person.

One of the reasons why I didn't stay with TPG was this very weak single point of failure. My personal opinon: I honestly won't be surprised if whatever happened to MyRepublic might happen to them in future, given how they don't seem to give a strong impression of customer service - makes me doubt if they even bother to secure data properly,

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How eye catching can your subject line be?

"Bare naked financial concerns about TPG line (with pics)" ?
As eye-catching as you can hope that their current team will want to open the mail immediately? I personally would either port the line out (and maybe port it back later), or visit their office.

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
As eye-catching as you can hope that their current team will want to open the mail immediately? I personally would either port the line out (and maybe port it back later), or visit their office.
Great suggestion! I'm actually looking at the promo from Giga for 3 months then port back to TPG after that since there's no extra activation cost on TPG side. Thanks

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know the disable VoLTE check ( *#*#VOLTE#*#*) is a custom Xiaomi thing that they've built into MIUI. It doesn't work for other phones.

With VoLTE, it needs to be provisioned - so your phone manufacturer/carrier must have profiles with the provisioning parameters. The other way is to disregard checking for VoLTE and force it on or off, which is what the Xiaomi code (and the iPhone) currently does. So if it is available, the phone will just route packet switched calls over the LTE connection rather than drop to 3G as usual.
Lucky can still use the TPG 4G Voice app, so I can live with it $10 no complains. But if give elderly use, they may have tougher time to understand the logic behind...

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lucky can still use the TPG 4G Voice app, so I can live with it $10 no complains. But if give elderly use, they may have tougher time to understand the logic behind...
Get the right phone will solve the basic phone calls issue.
Nothing hard about it.
Cheap phones can be under $200 brand new
Or just look into used market for supported phones. Could be gotten at $100 or less.

Hi1307

Reaction score

All Android devices with Google services on Android 11 with March 2021 security patch or later should support TPG VoLTE by default. It got added into Android's vendor implementation for that security patch level.

pantss

Reaction score
I see options to recharge / renew on shopee.

many shops disclaiming they are either renewing or topping up. Renew needs to be done after day 26th.

Why should I bother if it’s renew or topup? Why can’t I just topup early and let TPG auto deduct?

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see options to recharge / renew on shopee.

many shops disclaiming they are either renewing or topping up. Renew needs to be done after day 26th.

Why should I bother if it’s renew or topup? Why can’t I just topup early and let TPG auto deduct?
There are people that use finish their bundle and the account balance get eaten into.The shops might be afraid it happens to you and you go and kpkb at their shop.

But yes, Account Balance can be used to deduct monthly subscription as well. I'm doing it.

pantss

Reaction score
There are people that use finish their bundle and the account balance get eaten into.The shops might be afraid it happens to you and you go and kpkb at their shop.

But yes, Account Balance can be used to deduct monthly subscription as well. I'm doing it.
Thanks for the reply. So basically just add $ to wallet (account balance) and it will auto deduct every month, correct?

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. So basically just add $ to wallet (account balance) and it will auto deduct every month, correct?
For SIM Only Plans, as long as your balance is the same or more than the subscription, yes, it’ll auto deduct from there first.

If the balance fall below the subscription cost, the charge will be in full, from your credit card.

JivBunny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s what I am doing for my parents as well.

just pump $50 every other month into their TPG card wallet when I pass by any of their authorized dealers.

give them the hp number, top up amount. That’s it

Richliao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have the $10 per month plan and also the $5 per month Senior plan. Using the $5 senior sim in my s21ultra, speed inside house cannot make it but the $10 plan ok. Wondering if they able to control how one plan can surf better than the other.

Disabled band 8 and use band 40 also no difference. Zzz

Just did a side by side test at same room inside my house.
$10 plan inside redmi 9 dl 7.1Mbps and ul 1.4Mbps. $5 sim inside s21u first sim slot dl speed only 3.9 ul 0.7

Going to throw away this senior plan, not going to recharge it.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.