OK chicken rice stall not ok...

twinkle07

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Mr Tan, 42, said Malaysia has been able to supply the larger 2.3kg chickens that OK Chicken Rice uses. If this supply from across the Causeway is halted, the business would be greatly affected as his staff are trained to use this specific size of chickens.

He added: "We never hired a chef, it took a long time and a lot of mistakes to teach our untrained staff how to cook our chicken. Any changes to the size will fundamentally change the equation of the amount of oil used, strength of the fire, duration of cooking...

"I am worried about my staff... they have told me they are stressed after hearing the news."

Mr Tanā€™s chicken rice outlets are in places such as Yishun, Ang Mo Kio and Hougang.

He added that the timing could not be worse as he has an eighth outlet waiting to open, but he now faces the worst-case scenario of having to close his outlets.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ease-supply-from-alternative-sources-says-sfa

whatmeworry

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Michelin standards meh?

These ē«å€™ control are mostly bullshiet.

No need to be so exact one lah.

4_dreamz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
g8LbOlu.gif

twinkle07

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
your staffs can only cook 2.3kg chicken but not 2kg chicken ?

shameless people talking cock on national media

think the staff only trained to cook a certain-size chicken
just tell them to steam how long... everything fixed

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.