OLED or LED? Sony or LG?

morimorimori

Reaction score
At 3m the viewing angle of 86” tv is about 35deg, 65” about 27deg. Depends how immersive you want the experience.

smeagoly

Reaction score
quality difference so big ?
my viewing distance would be roughly 3m and watching mix of SDR, netflix 4K and Xbox 4K gaming

For your needs I'll say go for the LG 86, I'm also seated about 3m away from it in my living room and it is good for all types of media I'm watching. I'm not super picky about pure blacks in my star wars or Harry Potter scenes. For games I fall back onto my 48cx oled when I game on PS5.

mistraele

Reaction score
Sorry but if your viewing distance is around 3m or more 65 won't cut it and u def will regret after a while. Wait and save up for the 77.

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For your needs I'll say go for the LG 86, I'm also seated about 3m away from it in my living room and it is good for all types of media I'm watching. I'm not super picky about pure blacks in my star wars or Harry Potter scenes. For games I fall back onto my 48cx oled when I game on PS5.
Hi
Are you using the LGC 86" UP8000 now ?

Read reviews the performance for movies esp HDR is quite bad and also not good for watching movies in the dark.

smeagoly

Reaction score
Hi

Read reviews the performance for movies esp HDR is quite bad and also not good for watching movies in the dark.
For the netflix and youtube content i watch i think it's acceptable, there is a little bit of backlight bleeding at the corners but not too bad.

for the sub-3k price at this screen size i can live with it.. until oled 77 or 83" prices come down to sub-5k, this 86" should be able to meet my needs till then.

Windowlover

Reaction score
Max TV size from this 2 maker is not a issue, I prefer OLED as current technology or QD OLED which slight expensive for now.

petetherock

Reaction score
Hi

You're asking about Aiwa TVs in a different thread, that isn't much better..
Either pony up for OLEDs and pay the price or put up with the quality a lower priced set offers.
I'm happy with the X85J for example, because it offers a much larger screen for the same money as a 65" Sony OLED.

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You're asking about Aiwa TVs in a different thread, that isn't much better..
Either pony up for OLEDs and pay the price or put up with the quality a lower priced set offers.
I'm happy with the X85J for example, because it offers a much larger screen for the same money as a 65" Sony OLED.
yup am considering sacrificing quality for a bigger screen with a more immersive experience.

looking at the AIWA for a budget TV for bedroom

petetherock

Reaction score
yup am considering sacrificing quality for a bigger screen with a more immersive experience.

looking at the AIWA for a budget TV for bedroom
Congrats, you finally bought your TV.
75" for a bedroom should be pretty fun.

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Congrats, you finally bought your TV.
75" for a bedroom should be pretty fun.
well beggars cant be choosers.
with only a $3K budget not much choice though i would very much like the sony tX85 or X90.

in any case, tried tv with the different type of shows i normally watch ( SDR, YT, netflix ) and am ok with the quality and kind of liked the Android platform as past TVs has been Samsungs.

petetherock

Reaction score
well beggars cant be choosers.
with only a $3K budget not much choice though i would very much like the sony tX85 or X90.

in any case, tried tv with the different type of shows i normally watch ( SDR, YT, netflix ) and am ok with the quality and kind of liked the Android platform as past TVs has been Samsungs.
How much was the 75” x85?

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much was the 75” x85?
75” X85J will cost $500 more.
Worth it to pay more to upgrade ?
probably need to top up $600-$700 ( $500 + $1XX+) since i also want to get extended warranty

Last edited:

Signager

Reaction score
Will it better to choose oled or led like Sony TV if streaming sport channel at 720 or 1080 resolution only ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.