On arrival covid test in Queensland

Reaction score
Planning to travel to Cairns next month and confused about the on arrival tests. In Queensland gov covid microsite, it mentioned those countries expected from pre departure testing (basically all from 18 Apr) will need to take PCR test within 24hrs of arrival. Some websites like klook mentioned that self administered ART will do... Not really sure what's the protocol now.

Can anyone with recent travel to cairns/Brisbane/gold coast enlighten me?

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe on arrival ART will suffice

g_t2006

Master Member
Reaction score
Planning to travel to Cairns next month and confused about the on arrival tests. In Queensland gov covid microsite, it mentioned those countries expected from pre departure testing (basically all from 18 Apr) will need to take PCR test within 24hrs of arrival. Some websites like klook mentioned that self administered ART will do... Not really sure what's the protocol now.

Why even look at Klook? Look at the official website.

The COVID-19 test must be a PCR test if you are a fully vaccinated international arrival and you:

warr

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In Queensland, ART will do. But keen to know whether self administered or must visit a drive-through local clinic.

warr

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You visited QLD ? I saw the website still not updated. QLD Website still stating clinic test. Maybe pending update.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On arrival test should be scrapped already.. at least for most states.. QLD is damn slow

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

TS, have u visited QLD ?

My fren recently travelled there.
He said need to do RAT within 24 hours on arrival at a centre.
So he booked one at the airport and did it there.

Anyone visited QLD recently?
How's the flooding situation there?

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On arrival test should be scrapped already.. at least for most states.. QLD is damn slow
May be after the election, they will move forward?
Oh but wait, their general election is for the federal gov, right?

Say for eg if the opposition wins, will there be any change of the premier in QLD?

Can @starmerck @amransan @beano please comment?
I believe u r in Australia?
And also there's another bro with the white dog avatar in Brisbane, I can't remember what 's his nick.

amransan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Say for eg if the opposition wins, will there be any change of the premier in QLD?

And also there's another bro with the white dog avatar in Brisbane, I can't remember what 's his nick.
Since Covid started bro I been staying in Melbourne to be safe so I got no information on this bro.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No change in premier regardless of who wins the fed election.. there's state election to determine the premier.

starmerck

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This question should leave it to our Aussie resident @hardwriter to answer.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.