OPPO Find N (Foldable)

sam39sg

Reaction score
sNYAFHO.jpeg

Globe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Super exciting... Can those who got it share what is the best method for Google mobile services?

Basically I want to use my Google contacts, gmail, photos, wallet.

Excited to get mine soon

why need to do this , there is no gms ban on oppo devices what ... or is it a thing for all brands coming out from china ?

Globe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmmm....wonder why no one wants to paste a montage ..
Perhaps waiting for me :)
Photo-Collage-Maker-3-ERKmm.png

As a regular Foldable phone user, this Oppo Find N has its Hits & Miss

Hit
1. Crease Line...due to its teardrop design, there is no crease line (which exist in All Samsung & Xiaomi). Only Huawei is absent. It helps in a complete immerse into the screen
2. Hinge....The hinge is well build. The "giap" sound fold/unfold has a rich and strong feel.
3. Front Screen....yes. the candy bar form factor helps in typing

Miss
1. Software (3rd Party)...esp those global app (Netflix, Disney+, Youtube,IG....) It did not maximise the inner screen. In fact, 2 large black bar...so much so, the screen "size" is smaller than a 6"phone
i want to samsung store to play the fold 3 ... crease aside , what struck me was the very obvious "drop" in the middle of the screen as i swipe left to right ... does it happen as well in Find N ?

mosprockett

Reaction score
This phone standby time is quite crazy...

I've been off charger for 5 days 13 hrs standby time + 1.5hrs of screen on time. Still 20pct battery remaining.

gibson7

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys, do feedback on whether this phone has paint peeling issues? I read from the Samsung z fold 3 thread and the peeling is very turn off considering its a premium flagship

dappercivility

Master Member
Reaction score
This phone standby time is quite crazy...

I've been off charger for 5 days 13 hrs standby time + 1.5hrs of screen on time. Still 20pct battery remaining.
The batt life is pretty amazing for this phone. So far been quite impressed with the phone.

dappercivility

Master Member
Reaction score
guys, do feedback on whether this phone has paint peeling issues? I read from the Samsung z fold 3 thread and the peeling is very turn off considering its a premium flagship
The phone is still too new for consumers to experience such issues yet. The hinge is silver bare metal, don't think there would be any paint peeling issues.

gibson7

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The phone is still too new for consumers to experience such issues yet. The hinge is silver bare metal, don't think there would be any paint peeling issues.
that sounds promising. yes, silver I think should be better, as the z fold owners suffering paint peel mostly were black sets, silver were least affected.

mosprockett

Reaction score
Any experts out there can advise if third party launcher is possible on this phone?

Wasn't able to get nova launcher to work

colin27

Reaction score
Any experts out there can advise if third party launcher is possible on this phone?

Wasn't able to get nova launcher to work
No luck of getting nova to work. A review mentioned liao third party launchers can't work as phone will default to own oppo launcher
Same goes for the messaging app. Thankfully, the launcher ain't that bad though I still prefer to use Nova.

dappercivility

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, spending such amt of money on a flagship and encountering such paint peeling issues is really a turn off. Wonder if it's just a batch issue. Have some friends using the black version with no paint peeling issues.

dappercivility

Master Member
Reaction score
No luck of getting nova to work. A review mentioned liao third party launchers can't work as phone will default to own oppo launcher
Same goes for the messaging app. Thankfully, the launcher ain't that bad though I still prefer to use Nova.
I'm using the Google messaging app, so far no issues. I did notice however ocbc internet banking app and Singapore pools app does not work. The ocbc pay anyone app works though. Guess there are still limitations with the cn rom

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.