Oppo Find X3 Series

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh.. Owners here... I am recontracting my line this month (probably). M1 selection very limited.

Not getting Mate 40 Pro because no Google, S21 and S21+ only 8gb RAM (wanna future-proof it with the current 12gb phones available), 21 Ultra, though got 12gb, but got heating issues (not to forget Samsung is a common phone), Mi 11 sucky battery life, M1 doesn't have SONY nor Pocophones, so Find X3 Pro is my next best choice.

The thing is, how uncomfortable is the camera bump? You cannot put your phone face up without wobbling when you wanna unlock it to check message, right? Putting it face down will risk scratching the screen, and also cannot use it while in that position.

Not to forget due to the protrusion at the back, not very sports arm/wristband friendly?

I don't understand the complaints about the 2x zoom thingee though. The website says 5x zoom, and when I played with it at Challenger last night, definitely can zoom more than 2x

plsdunbiteme

Reaction score
Eh.. Owners here... I am recontracting my line this month (probably). M1 selection very limited.

Not getting Mate 40 Pro because no Google, S21 and S21+ only 8gb RAM (wanna future-proof it with the current 12gb phones available), 21 Ultra, though got 12gb, but got heating issues (not to forget Samsung is a common phone), Mi 11 sucky battery life, M1 doesn't have SONY nor Pocophones, so Find X3 Pro is my next best choice.

The thing is, how uncomfortable is the camera bump? You cannot put your phone face up without wobbling when you wanna unlock it to check message, right? Putting it face down will risk scratching the screen, and also cannot use it while in that position.

Not to forget due to the protrusion at the back, not very sports arm/wristband friendly?

I don't understand the complaints about the 2x zoom thingee though. The website says 5x zoom, and when I played with it at Challenger last night, definitely can zoom more than 2x
It's quite ok for me, the camera bump. Looks bigger than it actually is. Doesn't wobble at the bottom edge where the fps is, so no issues unlocking the device.

As for zoom, the issue is not that it can't zoom beyond 2x, but that there is quality loss after 2x, compared to phones that can zoom natively at 3x or 5x

ryan_khoo

Master Member
Reaction score
As for zoom, the issue is not that it can't zoom beyond 2x, but that there is quality loss after 2x, compared to phones that can zoom natively at 3x or 5x
So, is it correct to say that the optical zoom for this camera is up to 2X where as the digital zoom is upto 5x ?

Thanks

iicecube

Master Member
Reaction score
The price still above 1k for new phone. Any place can get below 1k?
SD 888 with 12GB you handly as of now drop below 1k for new set.
Found used set below that, but for those that bought it 1.5k (free gifts + wireless charger those) still selling used above 1k which is mehh

Last edited:

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
another question
the photos by default is the hiec thingee ah? cannot save as jpg?

K.Chokdee

Reaction score
huh...i just checked my photo gallery, taking pics on auto mode, point and shoot , it is saved as jpg file

K.Chokdee

Reaction score
go for it , wont regret it !

happy with the back cameras and screen quality.
Selfie camera is ok though not top notch type, but still quite good.

I noticed for the first few days to the first week or so , the battery consumption was pretty fast, but after awhile i think the AI or system optimisation improved and the battery drainage becomes better.

overall can get about a days worth usage out of it.
You can further customise the app management such as background / foreground usage access, and notifications etc.

most fascinating is the charging tech, plug in super vooc charging as fast as 28~35 mins.
At 28 mins it shows 100%, at 35 mins the charging lightning icon disappears means really full 100% state.
Air vooc wireless charging about 80 mins for me.

Only thing to note is have to use only oppo original super vooc charger. No other third party manufacturer can do it , and beware the fake ones on shopee/lazada...those maybe can charge the previous older oppo models, but for the find x3 pro doesnt work.

For cable, can get third party ones. I find that the Baseus Cafule series works at full speed super vooc. I'm using the 2m length and full charge in 35 mins. Just make sure it is the cafule series and has vooc authorisation chip, and rated up to 5A minimum.

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not very in to charging technology, but I do have a specific combo of a certain type C cable plus a 65W GaN PD charger, is the only time I witnessed supercharging to my Mate 20 Pro. The rest were just fast charge. Not sure if that same combo can apply to Find X3 Pro.

Went Challenger again to play with demo models, before going Golden Village to watch F9. Made a few mental notes:

- Actually the lopsided camera module bump is not just a Find X3 Pro issue. All latest phones, including S21 Ultra, has this issue as well. Only difference is, sure got lots of casings out there for Samsung.

- The microscope lens cannot do macro photography. A bit put off by it, but then found S21 Ultra also no macro mode. Has macro photography become unpopular already??

- Have never seen a black model before, but due to reading online and seeing how reflective it looks, I am sure it is a fingerprint magnet, like the good ol' Xperia Arc. Blue is definitely better. But my chinese Eight Characters is weak against Water (no pokemon elemental jokes here please). So dunno am I gonna have bad luck for 2 years with a blue phone....

fallraen

Reaction score
the micro mode is def a gimmick, and even without macro mode, i think they can still take somewhat decent macro shots albeit not the best. the black should work for your feng shui, just add a case like everyone else lol :D i'm waiting for prices to drop sub 1k before i even consider but that'll be awhile. still surviving on my p20 pro for now. waiting to see what the rest of the year brings with the xperia and pixel line up

iicecube

Master Member
Reaction score
Only thing to note is have to use only oppo original super vooc charger. No other third party manufacturer can do it , and beware the fake ones on shopee/lazada...those maybe can charge the previous older oppo models, but for the find x3 pro doesnt work.
What you mean is the wireless charging wont work on any 3rd party or the "super vooc" function will only work on oppo charger.

plsdunbiteme

Reaction score
Micro mode is a gimmick but have to say it's a fun one. When bored just pick up the phone and take random micro shots of things around you.

Black is nice, just slap a transparent case on and fingerprint smudges problem solved.

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
If u want it below $1K, get the CN model Oppo Find X3. Mostly similar features but uses a Snapdragon 870 and LPDDR4. Comes with global warranty for only $8XX.

K.Chokdee

Reaction score
Oppo phones very strict with their proprietary standard charging .

Haven't found any third party chargers that work . All require original chargers .

Only third party that works I found is for cable only . Baseus cafule series

iicecube

Master Member
Reaction score
Oppo phones very strict with their proprietary standard charging .

Haven't found any third party chargers that work . All require original chargers .

Only third party that works I found is for cable only . Baseus cafule series
you mean for cable charging or wireless charging that won't work in 3rd party 🤔

then even battery bank also can't use if they are that strict? I think more like controlling

Last edited:

K.Chokdee

Reaction score
For both cable and wireless charging if you want to get the full super vooc speed for this particular model .

If use non OEM Oppo charger head of air vooc , then it still can be charged of course but at slower speed .

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.