Oppo Find X5 Series

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The SG* set is 2 years international warranty.
Not sure about the China set.

China OS Pros & Cons (from my experience from the likes of Mi 10 Ultra and Vivo X70 pro+):
1)Pros
- way faster and more frequesnt OS update
2)Cons
- tends to have notification delay which may or may not be resolved with setting tweak
(their battery management are always too aggressive)
china oppo also suffers from notification delay??? i thought only xiaomi CN

villan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oppo got international warranty? i donno... u better check wor....
local sets have GMS installed.
china sets (export) u have to install ur self... unless u tell them to open ur new set n they help u install....
seller claims that GMS is built in. just need to d/l the app from playstore..

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has actually hooted it here. Got friends say want to hoot , now all uturn and prata. @dappercivility 😂

not surprising mah. struggling to find the value of the Find X5 pro. Vivo's X80 Pro seems to be better in almost every way except the OS/skin. Same story for Reno 7 vs Vivo V23 where vivo is packing more into a cheaper package.

divinepotato

Reaction score
not surprising mah. struggling to find the value of the Find X5 pro. Vivo's X80 Pro seems to be better in almost every way except the OS/skin. Same story for Reno 7 vs Vivo V23 where vivo is packing more into a cheaper package.
Find X5 Pro's wide camera sensor size is larger at 1/1.56" vs Vivo X80 Pro's 1/2.0". Otherwise, the Vivo X80 Pro's cameras look better with a larger main sensor (1/1.3") and with an additional 5x zoom camera.

Cameras aside, the Find X5 Pro's battery life is likely longer given its larger battery size of 5000mAh vs Vivo X80 Pro's 4700mAh.

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Find X5 Pro's wide camera sensor size is larger at 1/1.56" vs Vivo X80 Pro's 1/2.0". Otherwise, the Vivo X80 Pro's cameras look better with a larger main sensor (1/1.3") and with an additional 5x zoom camera.

Cameras aside, the Find X5 Pro's battery life is likely longer given its larger battery size of 5000mAh vs Vivo X80 Pro's 4700mAh.

close lor but X80 Pro seems better value overall la

altca4

Reaction score
close lor but X80 Pro seems better value overall la

Specs and stats are one thing, the performance and results may differ.

Imaging wise, X80p's reviews so far all points towards it behaving and performing very alike to X70p+ and some even mentioned that it deproved a little

I was and am still using Vivo x70p+, its human subject and night shots are really good (if you compare the good shots only)
with a huge glaring flaw though, that is, inconsistency.
Generally I am getting 6-7ish good/usable shot out of ten with me scratching my head over the 3-4 failed ones.
(and their arguable over beautification. Even if you turn them off, sometimes it will still somehow auto beautify
which adds on to the inconsistency)

Fx5p is around the range of 8ish alike Sammy's (while iphones is around 8.5-9ish, you do have to give credit to iphones' imaging consitency.)
(So my workaround (from my personal experience) is that if you are on a Vivo, take 3-4 shots at least at the same subject within the same settings/framing, you'll likely get 1-2 good ones.
For the likes of fX50p, s22ultra, iphone12p, 2 shots will do for just in case (like the subject blink or something)).

Personally I prefer the consitency over slightly more detailed/sharp or better specced shots (if you are comparing only the good shots)

Last years FX3p wasnt up to standard imo (due to shutter lag + the lack of that unique imaging dna but I do miss its one of its kind microlens).

FX5p however is huawei grade and its DNA is showing.
(Most wasted is Xiaomi imo, they kind of lost themselves without knowing what to do in the past 2 years. They just blindly wanted to out-specc Sammy)

I just got the Axon 40 ultra (chinaOS) and am liking it a fair bit.
The chinese branded phones' imaging prowess are really leading the tech now.

Last edited:

bermudas

Reaction score
I had the FX5P for 2+ weeks and felt it was quite a good phone but i couldnt live with its weight. A bit heavy to my liking. Battery life of FX5P is very good.

Prior to that, i was using the Reno5 Pro+.

I am now trying out the Reno7 Pro.

yxyxx8

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Specs and stats are one thing, the performance and results may differ.

Imaging wise, X80p's reviews so far all points towards it behaving and performing very alike to X70p+ and some even mentioned that it deproved a little

I was and am still using Vivo x70p+, its human subject and night shots are really good (if you compare the good shots only)
with a huge glaring flaw though, that is, inconsistency.
Generally I am getting 6-7ish good/usable shot out of ten with me scratching my head over the 3-4 failed ones.
(and their arguable over beautification. Even if you turn them off, sometimes it will still somehow auto beautify
which adds on to the inconsistency)

Fx5p is around the range of 8ish alike Sammy's (while iphones is around 8.5-9ish, you do have to give credit to iphones' imaging consitency.)
(So my workaround (from my personal experience) is that if you are on a Vivo, take 3-4 shots at least at the same subject within the same settings/framing, you'll likely get 1-2 good ones.
For the likes of fX50p, s22ultra, iphone12p, 2 shots will do for just in case (like the subject blink or something)).

Personally I prefer the consitency over slightly more detailed/sharp or better specced shots (if you are comparing only the good shots)

Last years FX3p wasnt up to standard imo (due to shutter lag + the lack of that unique imaging dna but I do miss its one of its kind microlens).

FX5p however is huawei grade and its DNA is showing.
(Most wasted is Xiaomi imo, they kind of lost themselves without knowing what to do in the past 2 years. They just blindly wanted to out-specc Sammy)

I just got the Axon 40 ultra (chinaOS) and am liking it a fair bit.
The chinese branded phones' imaging prowess are really leading the tech now.

i am on FX3P but i don’t intend to go to 5P because of that glossy back and the lens and sensor are the same, sans the NPU.

How’s the Axon anyway? The international edition is coming next month.

Aicirt

Reaction score
Quick check with fellow x5 pro user.....hows your night shot doing ah.

I find that in dim lighted indoor condition, the photo cannot make it sia...not sure if my camera setting is wrong or what.

Can someone advice...

altca4

Reaction score
Quick check with fellow x5 pro user.....hows your night shot doing ah.

I find that in dim lighted indoor condition, the photo cannot make it sia...not sure if my camera setting is wrong or what.

Can someone advice...
Erm, cannot make it in what sense?
Are you comparing to any specific phones?
Or comparing to proper cameras?

I'm pretty happy with FX5p's. It's flagship grade alike the other flagships of this prices range. For low light still images (not video) iPhone 13p imo is the weakest among them.
So handling low light shots on a phone camera vs a camera is vastly different. We need much more control and work.

Every smartphone cameras struggle in low light if you compared with the likes of a proper/full fledge DSLR. Even the micro 4/3 cameras thrashes the most expensive smart phone cameras' imaging readily. (Although Smart phone imaging brought utmost convenience to hdr/ shots stacking).

altca4

Reaction score
i am on FX3P but i don’t intend to go to 5P because of that glossy back and the lens and sensor are the same, sans the NPU.

How’s the Axon anyway? The international edition is coming next month.
I like the axon 40 ultra!
Imaging is very snappy with minimal shutter lag compared to the normal flagship standards.
The main lens is 35mm, is that, more zoomed in but less wide. So it's really good with human shots. The bokeh effect is good enough for you to ignore potrait mode.

One complain is no ip68 so I'm wary of it getting wet.

Aicirt

Reaction score
Erm, cannot make it in what sense?
Are you comparing to any specific phones?
Or comparing to proper cameras?

I'm pretty happy with FX5p's. It's flagship grade alike the other flagships of this prices range. For low light still images (not video) iPhone 13p imo is the weakest among them.
So handling low light shots on a phone camera vs a camera is vastly different. We need much more control and work.

Every smartphone cameras struggle in low light if you compared with the likes of a proper/full fledge DSLR. Even the micro 4/3 cameras thrashes the most expensive smart phone cameras' imaging readily. (Although Smart phone imaging brought utmost convenience to hdr/ shots stacking).

Thanks for the lengthy reply. I do understand about comparing it to a proper full fledge dslr... Fuji hobbyist here...haha

Under properly setup the OFX5P , it's decent enough for nightphotography

Should had been more specific...what i'm actually referring to is those complete or close to zero lighting dark shot that's been advertise all the time.

I like to play with phone and changes them around every 2 month or so....and frankly i've seen better even 1 or 2 year back flagship. Not that these photo really matter la, coz to my eye....these complete or zero lighting night shot are usually unusable or not worth keeping.

Just curious =P

altca4

Reaction score
Thanks for the lengthy reply. I do understand about comparing it to a proper full fledge dslr... Fuji hobbyist here...haha

Under properly setup the OFX5P , it's decent enough for nightphotography

Should had been more specific...what i'm actually referring to is those complete or close to zero lighting dark shot that's been advertise all the time.

I like to play with phone and changes them around every 2 month or so....and frankly i've seen better even 1 or 2 year back flagship. Not that these photo really matter la, coz to my eye....these complete or zero lighting night shot are usually unusable or not worth keeping.

Just curious =P

Thats makes 2 of us, lol. I change phone as much as well XD
Currently holding Axon 40 ultra, Pixel 6 pro, Find X 5 pro (primary phone after s22 ultra), Xperia ProI and Vivo X70 pro+

I kind of agree that there was not much improvements on the almost total dark scene side of things in recent times.
Last and likely still strongest imo is the Huawei Mate 40 p's RYYB sensor (p50p is no longerusing RYYB).
It doesnt even need night mode, just point and shoot.
In recent time, X70p+ is close.
iphone13p's continue to be the video champ in low light but their still images on pitch black, while snappy, continue to produce the weaker ones compared to other flagships.

I kind of felt that smartphone imaging is maturing and is starting to tell or manage their users' experience.
Like--> sorry, we wont be so fixated on enhancing our capabilities of our phones taking a pitch black shot
-->as what we have is already adequate
-->in reality, why would a user take a shot of a person in almost pitch black?
-->in return, i'll give you a snappier sensor to minimize even more shutter lag or better stability to counter wobbly hands better?

At the same time, for my case, I kind of matutred from the likes of comparing those very technical outcome like:
-shot vs shot details
-sharpness vs sharpness
as a good image/shot is way more than how much details or sharpness an image has.
(The composition, the angle/framing, the subject and the story its try to tell is way more important and cetain
cameras has them unique dna or feel that adds on that endearing touch. Oppo FX5p has it imo)
I did mentioned on previous posts that if I compared the good shots from the likes of X70p+ (or S22ultra) vsFX5p, it cannot win, however the higher consistency vs X70p+ (or the extra character/feel vs S22u), Oppo is a winner imo.

Fun fact on what changed my mentality:
-2 phones
-xperia pro I & pixel 6 p
-1 is the epitome of computation photography with images that are very sharp/technical but also very very processed
-the other has the weakest computation but is truest and most natural alike a camera
-the shots from the Xpi almost always loses to p6p in terms of HDR, sharpness and those contrasty shots (like those black blacks & exposed shots
-but if you spend a bit of time with the raws of the xpi (this is a lot of effort on the long run XD so this phone is really not for the norm), the outcome are all natural and pleasing (a fair bit more than the p6p's)

1 good example,
I took a shot of my fluffy pomsky in my not so bright and considered fairly low light living room on both phones
-p6p made her fur look like super saiyan hair (dragonball). Its so overprocessed that they look chunky and solid. However, the picture is a noticebly better on the brightness and HDR (everything is bright and sharp and yea, way overly so)
-xpi's showed fluffly, and slightly blurry fur (which is true to eye). The overall picture is darker, some corners are pretty dark and loses a fair bit of details

-at a first glance, I would quickly point out that the p6p's shot is superiors, bright and striking. Especially if I have only 2-3sec to spare to look at both shots
-however if took a little longer to enjoy and digest that shot or go from a more artistic perspective, xpi's is the superior shot

I am not affliated to Oppo and was quite disappointed with Fx3p last year (it lacks that dna/feel and the shutter lag sucks).

From an imaging perspective,
I find that Fx5p has a lot of character in their shots (it is giving me the pre-ban/embargo Huawei vibes)
and that is winning me over.

Last edited:

Aicirt

Reaction score
Not sure how u manage to input all these in words....but yeah I get ya.

Totally agree on your perspective point of view on photography. A photo that tells stories that embbled the unique characteristics of a camera is the only reason I'm keeping my Fuji gears despite all the hassle when traveling. LOL ..

Speaking of pixel.... honestly I own every single launch and don't know if it's my eyes or what.... doesn't feel as good as pixel one or at least give me that " ohhhhh " it's just either meh or ok compare to the first pixel. And this is including pixel 6 pro that I used for 3 month which I practically force myself to like....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.