oscp

kee_chiu

Reaction score
If you're good with Google search engine, I don't think it's difficult to pass it all. Of course, read the material, go through the video (sometimes it teach shortcut not covered in pdf), get exposed yourself to hackthebox or tryhackme or proving grounds from offsec etc. Then enjoy your 23+ hours journey with your documented notes. Good to go.

It's the journey that shapes the individual's character to become more resourceful and think of a other perspective in tackling a problem. I wouldn't say it involved any skills at all. If you remove the search engine and the notes, I think the passing rate of oscp becomes even lower.
Yo thank you so much for replying me!
How much time do u think someone should put in before attempting ocsp?
I am new to cybersecurity but am currently studying CS at NUS.
And with an OSCP cert, is it easy to find pentesting jobs?

liewhl

Reaction score
you wan ez find pentest job, you need crest CRT

devglass

Reaction score
Yo thank you so much for replying me!
How much time do u think someone should put in before attempting ocsp?
I am new to cybersecurity but am currently studying CS at NUS.
And with an OSCP cert, is it easy to find pentesting jobs?
The amount of time dependent on how much you want it.
I have known people in workforce who got business degree got oscp (because they put in the effort to learn).
Perhaps CS background gives you a little push on fundamentals but does't assure the person with the final laugh.

I wouldn't say it's easy to find job, but more of the requirement. The hard truth over in this little island is that if you don't have PT certifications, people don't see you credible. That being said, there are also people who have no certs and are recognised to do the job. Only a handful of people in this field.

The easy way is, 1) get your oscp, 2) do your CPSA written and 3) pay money to convert OSCP to CRT. Wait for 2 months plus, the cert will mail to your doorstep from UK.

See this: hxxps://www.crest-approved[.]org/professional-qualifications/certification-equivalency-recognition-programmes/offensive-security/index[.]html

Remove the necessary delimiters on the link above ^^

The road is long for cybersecurity. Do not rush to get certifications :)

liewhl

Reaction score
i agree with what devglass say, there a lot of type of cert. for example, CRT might be important for consulting but not so much for end user.

One important thing is you need to note is that OSCP is just a entry level cert. Alot of fresh grad always think that it is the end game cert.

E8wQuuKX0AI0Qj1

there should be a oscp one but i cannot find, but you should know what i mean

huattoeat

Reaction score
how are the hiring opportunities in SG when u got the oscp cert?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.