PA latest update on Hari Raya wedding photo saga

pohw0008

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so now it's not about cultural appropriation / race? but the real motive is money? if PA offered compensation, would you think it will solve the issue? or it will be used to frame it as trying to bury it with money or paying off the victims...

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
I would think money can definitely solve the issue..

berger

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PA feels that she is blowing things up out of proportion and refuse to engage her, i agree with PA on this and think this response is absolutely fair enough. Damn, it's so refreshing to see such bodies not cower to public pressure. Nowadays people think they can use social media to get whatever they want.

ubtokendotnet

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cbwDyy6.png

nCJvbL3.png

dkbxn42.png

https://archive.is/FVndL
https://www.instagram.com/sarahbagh...d&ig_rid=29e16147-ef1c-409f-8a32-e8b65f2539df
Former PAP MP Call Someone on Facebook SNOWFLAKE

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...in-call-people-on-facebook-snowflake.6536955/

Last edited:

ricohflex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe this will escalate to a court case civil suit.
Monitor see how it turns out.

PA was lax in its supervision of the contractor/sub-contractor.
PA has admitted the mistake.
The contractor/sub-contractor do not have any common sense and thought that stealing a photo off the Internet will help them save money.
Otherwise the contractor/sub-contractor have to pay models for a photo shoot.
This is the prime motivation - MONEY.
In this case MONEY is the root of the problem.

Sarah now alleges PA was (is?) racist.
The implication is that it was done out of racist mean spiritedness.
Now that frames the whole episode in a different light.
If PA was racist it would not have bothered to celebrate Hari Raya in Radin Mas.

There is one more aspect.
Let me quote what is a standee from Wikipedia:
A standee is an American term for a large self-standing display promoting a movie, product or event, or point-of-sale advertising, often in the form of a life-size cut-out figure.

In most cases a standee is installed with the face/faces of the person/s shown.
For example a standee of Tom Cruise to promote a movie Mission Impossible.

But in this Radin Mas episode, the standees have empty holes where the faces should be.
You see two human figures in Malay costume without faces.
The idea is for Radin Mas residents to put their faces where the holes are; and have their photos taken.

Here I want to caution the couple.
If push comes to shove and it escalates to High Court.
Can their lawyer win the case?
Because the standees in Radin Mas stage HAVE NO FACES.
Only costume.
How can they prove :
• that this is them.
• that this is racism.

shania87

Reaction score
Wanna support the couple till they throw the R victim card. The card can only do so much against the government and their affiliations.
Same. Actually I am pretty sick of minorities blaming everything on racism but not on themselves. The woke crowd can KMA too. There is another thread that ask the minorities what privileges the Chinese majority enjoys and guess what? Can only hear crickets.
I would think money can definitely solve the issue..
Agree. Sounds like they definitely want some monetary compensation.

HandTired

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One whole wall of text. PA really insensitive, can't even tell that all the victim wants is a nice little phat green packet.

rackgen

Banned
Reaction score
Peoples Association management are full of sheetty PAPaya people.
But the lady also kpkb nonstop - I have no love left for either.

desmond_yee1

Banned
Reaction score
PA feels that she is blowing things up out of proportion and refuse to engage her, i agree with PA on this and think this response is absolutely fair enough. Damn, it's so refreshing to see such bodies not cower to public pressure. Nowadays people think they can use social media to get whatever they want.
Why does PA find it unnecessary to meet just because Ms Sarah asked for any messages or suggestions which the public has? If PA sincerely aspires to improve, it surely will welcome any feedback. Refusing to listen to the the public is a clear sign of arrogance and disrespect of the highest order.

berger

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why does PA find it unnecessary to meet just because Ms Sarah asked for any messages or suggestions which the public has? If PA sincerely aspires to improve, it surely will welcome any feedback. Refusing to listen to the the public is a clear sign of arrogance and disrespect of the highest order.
Why? Because PA has already apologised and this lady is spinning it into a race issue. I think it is absurd and resources should not be wasted to further engage her. This is ultimately a simple issue of copyright infringement from a third-party vendor, and race should never have been brought into the picture! Did you expect PA to do due diligence on every image file used in publicity materials?

Last edited:

gamerx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not a matter of racism, just bad handling from a government body. Too bad for the victims this did not happen in an opposition ward. Otherwise, sure get full blown up and become a national issue, go parliament for a full week of debate and strong actions demanded against the culprits and MP.

jimboyboy

Master Member
Reaction score
How will you deal with it if your wedding picture was used to publicise a religious public holiday?
PA already apologized. If not enough, demand for monetary compensation. Asking for anything else would be too much and would only lose public support, as mixing racism into this case is crossing the boundary liao.....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.