Parenthood Provisional Housing Scheme(PPHS) under HDB

dustypixie

Reaction score
my Q no. was 10, and when it was my turn, there's only canberra units left. All 3-room units were taken up. Was quite surprised as I thought the canberra will be the hot ones.

Actually my husband and I wanted to take the 2 rooms but my brother in law is staying with us so we need to get at least a 3 room. I think the issue with the 2 room is location for most people.

kinder-bueno

Reaction score
Actually my husband and I wanted to take the 2 rooms but my brother in law is staying with us so we need to get at least a 3 room. I think the issue with the 2 room is location for most people.
Yea...could be because of the location. That's why Feb's selection has Sumang and ALOOOOOT of applicants. Im working in the east area and Canberra is so far out for me..but for that rental $, a 24hr supermarket/ coffeeshops/ shops just infront, flat by the main road...well, some things u will have to sacrifice..u cant have the best of both worlds. Furthermore, dono how's my luck gona be if i were to apply again next time. But if i'm not wrong, even if you are currently staying in a pphs unit, you can still apply for other selection.

kinder-bueno

Reaction score
Maybe the 3 of you could compromise on some things. I think some 2-room floor layout provide some space for a 1 bedder..but ya...everyone sure wants some privacy.

dustypixie

Reaction score
Yea...could be because of the location. That's why Feb's selection has Sumang and ALOOOOOT of applicants. Im working in the east area and Canberra is so far out for me..but for that rental $, a 24hr supermarket/ coffeeshops/ shops just infront, flat by the main road...well, some things u will have to sacrifice..u cant have the best of both worlds. Furthermore, dono how's my luck gona be if i were to apply again next time. But if i'm not wrong, even if you are currently staying in a pphs unit, you can still apply for other selection.

I agree with you. You can't have the best of both worlds. I'm currently staying at tiong bahru and the environment is really great with mrt station just 5 mins away, bus stop with plenty of buses and a market nearby but it's the rental that's killing us. Even though we have to pay more to move again, we have been applying for pphs consistently every month to get a 3 room and feel that it's gonna be worth it in the long run. Since both side got no lifts, moving is about $800 already haha

dustypixie

Reaction score

Yes you can keep applying even if you're staying in a pphs. Just that you have to quickly move out once you get your new keys. If not you will have to pay rental for both places. Dont give up! Just keep trying! We have been applying every month since oct 2020 and we went from out of queue number to 20 to 8. If you're not in a rush to move, it's good to wait. We were kinda in a rush to move so we just take whatever hdb had offered and move first.

SkyNinja

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Simple. Ask your brother in law go rent a bedroom outside. Why have another guy in the household? Any family background? E.g parents dying wish to take care of him?

kinder-bueno

Reaction score
Yes you can keep applying even if you're staying in a pphs. Just that you have to quickly move out once you get your new keys. If not you will have to pay rental for both places. Dont give up! Just keep trying! We have been applying every month since oct 2020 and we went from out of queue number to 20 to 8. If you're not in a rush to move, it's good to wait. We were kinda in a rush to move so we just take whatever hdb had offered and move first.
hey! me n husb also applied 2 times since Oct 2020. and our luck we got Q no. 9 and 10. We did chance upon the list during the selection appt, and if we didnt notice wrongly, we saw no. 8 written in Commonwealth units. Did you get that commonwealth?

dustypixie

Reaction score
hey! me n husb also applied 2 times since Oct 2020. and our luck we got Q no. 9 and 10. We did chance upon the list during the selection appt, and if we didnt notice wrongly, we saw no. 8 written in Commonwealth units. Did you get that commonwealth?

9 and 10 is very good number! What happened to the previously selection? Yes we did select the commonwealth unit but the one you saw wasn't ours.... we were slightly late and they let the number after us to select thinking they were us!

kinder-bueno

Reaction score
9 and 10 is very good number! What happened to the previously selection? Yes we did select the commonwealth unit but the one you saw wasn't ours.... we were slightly late and they let the number after us to select thinking they were us!
Due to our irregular working schedule, we decided to return the selected unit because we thought that's the easiest/ fastest way - come down to the branch and just return the keys. So you were the no. "9"? but luckily u got the 3-room u wanted.

dustypixie

Reaction score
Due to our irregular working schedule, we decided to return the selected unit because we thought that's the easiest/ fastest way - come down to the branch and just return the keys. So you were the no. "9"? but luckily u got the 3-room u wanted.

So there was nothing wrong with the unit just that you 2 were too busy to move? Actually having to move again, I got really tired and gave up on cleaning and moving already. I'm gonna engage cleaners to clean the house and move the house. Unlike the tiong bahru one where we did everything ourselves, even scrubbed the whole greasy kitchen floor clean.

Daranaquiah

Reaction score
Any idea how to get lucky with PPHS ?

I've been applying twice still didnt get any Q number, outside rental is too expensive.

toshyadav

Reaction score
Me and my wife also applied this month (10 Feb). Was told that we will hear from HDB only in Mar 2nd or 3rd week. Anyone know what will HDB inform us? Our ballot number? And then how long to selection and key collection?

kazin285

Reaction score
So lucky you got 26. Mine is almost 60 and they asked me go down on 29th afternoon. Any idea what’s the take up rate is like? Where can we go to see which are the still available units?

May I know if there were still units left when it was your turn?

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me and my wife also applied this month (10 Feb). Was told that we will hear from HDB only in Mar 2nd or 3rd week. Anyone know what will HDB inform us? Our ballot number? And then how long to selection and key collection?
Inform u 2nd week of March. 3rd week go down select liao. Once select, can take key and move it immediately liao

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT

kinder-bueno

Reaction score

When u get the letter from HDB, they will include your ballot number and date of selection appointment. On that day itself u will choose ur unit together with the keys. Rental starts the following month.

toshyadav

Reaction score

Managed to get a flat?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.