Pasir Ris 8 unofficial "guide price"

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
###

he says some sensitive things going behind the scenes in PR8 but think the pricing was managed very well...just too bad those with lousy ballot numbers... looks like he bought as well?

intention was to control sales to less than 90% on day 1...dunno how true

Lentor break even is 1.9xxpsf, how much do you think developer will sell?

####

Last edited:

CaptainSGP

Reaction score
###

Agents did warn there is a certain profile of tenants who like to stay Chinatown..

Just like certain profile for Balestier and certain profile for Geylang, just to share...also RCR

(Note: I am not saying all three have same profiles)

###
Another reason is becos Landmark is just beside/at one of the poorest housing estate in Sg aka Jalan Kukoh/Chin Swee Road

CaptainSGP

Reaction score
###

he says some sensitive things going behind the scenes but think the pricing was managed very well...just too bad those with lousy ballot numbers... looks like he bought as well?

Lentor break even is 1.9xxpsf, how much do you think developer will sell?

####

Guocoland position properties as premium/luxury. Won’t sell cheap. Average 2300psf ?. I think Guocoland could also win the adjacent plots at Lentor also & control the pricing in this area..

scanner007

Reaction score
Another reason is becos Landmark is just beside/at one of the poorest housing estate in Sg aka Jalan Kukoh/Chin Swee Road
So does it means:
1. Furama River Front, 4 star hotel which is next to Jalan Kukoh is a lousy hotel because it it next to Jalan Kukoh?
2. River Place condo, which is next 2 blocks away from Jalan Kukoh is also a lousy condo?
3. Rivergate condo, which is 10 mins walk away from Jalan Kukoh is also a lousy condo?
3. Robertson Quay, facing Jalan Kukoh is a lousy F&B areas?

Sound logical? :ROFLMAO:

CaptainSGP

Reaction score
So does it means:
1. Furama River Front, 4 star hotel which is next to Jalan Kukoh is a lousy hotel because it it next to Jalan Kukoh?
2. River Place condo, which is next 2 blocks away from Jalan Kukoh is also a lousy condo?
3. Rivergate condo, which is 10 mins walk away from Jalan Kukoh is also a lousy condo?
3. Robertson Quay, facing Jalan Kukoh is a lousy F&B areas?

Sound logical? :ROFLMAO:
It doesn’t mean that it’s lousy haha. Just that I (and I suppose many others as well) prefer not to live in this area due to perceived potential social issues.

this is why I think Landmark is struggling to sell given reasonable prices

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will
Move once canning hill piers launch..

###

That one can price very Low if they want to as the land price is unknown, but likely they will price at market, which is a no go according to one video I watched... location good, price reasonable but difficult to exit....

###

CaptainSGP

Reaction score
It doesn’t mean that it’s lousy haha. Just that I (and I suppose many others as well) prefer not to live in this area due to perceived potential social issues.

this is why I think Landmark is struggling to sell given reasonable prices
A buyer looking to buy Landmark will likely Google search Chin Swee road, and not like the articles talking abt the social issues of the residents there

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A buyer looking to buy Landmark will likely Google search Chin Swee road, and not like the articles talking abt the social issues of the residents there

###

You remind me of Geylang...

if you tell your friends you stay near Paya Lebar or near Dakota (instead of point blank Geylang) they view you up more, I think...

but on looking closely, heh, Paya Lebar and Dakota is just across the street from Geylang area leh,,,

###

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A new launch at Orchard or Robertson Quay likely are not going for $2K psf. If someone say Chinatown or Pasir Ris, I’ll think Chinatown is the obvious pricier one.

I would take transformation stories with a pinch of salt. I’m staying temporarily at Beauty World area for almost a year and don’t see how a new bus interchange would benefit residents in this era. And any new launches selling the GSW story would be 20yo by the time the area transformed😆
its not about the ITH or the new community centre only, if you review the ura masterplan there are 3 sites being earmarked for development, one behind LINQ, current Jalan anak bukit site, and the last one where verdale showroom is sitting with the cheong chi nam carpark. You need new launches to set benchmark prices so it help on enbloc of the old malls and condo nearby

there is alot hype for BW, GSW, paya lebar, Holland village and i agree actual physical transformation may take years, but when potential is fully realized any upside will be gone, thats why some people are willing to take the pain now and stay in area like west coast twin vew and Whistler grand..and CRL will only be up by 2030.

Last edited:

wetdreamx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Envy those who bought P8, shall see when they exit profit how much…

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it an ethical or legally allowed stance to adjust pricing so many times within a day

Forever84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2k psf… might as well buy at woodleigh, also is integrated dev, underground mrt some more

Falafell

Reaction score
2k psf… might as well buy at woodleigh, also is integrated dev, underground mrt some more
The gong tao will most probably drop the option bah. Sadly even TWR asking for too much, pushing for 2.1-2.2k psf, hence slow sales.

isenggirlz

Reaction score
What does bulk purchase mean? For individual if you and your family members want to buy more than 1 unit, can join early bulk purchase (eg: 1day before launch day)? Saw this privilege at normanton park, not sure about PR8 or others.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would take transformation stories with a pinch of salt. I’m staying temporarily at Beauty World area for almost a year and don’t see how a new bus interchange would benefit residents in this era. And any new launches selling the GSW story would be 20yo by the time the area transformed😆
I would also take all the news on transformation with a pinch of salt. Beauty World is more a rejuvenation than transformation as what some bros shared earlier.

GSW would probably take a long time, need to wait till the ports are all cleared, and planning is done.

Even PLB transformation is gg to take eons, after PLQ mall I haven’t seen any other planned transformation, and PLAB is only gg to move out in 2030.

roflolmao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A new launch at Orchard or Robertson Quay likely are not going for $2K psf. If someone say Chinatown or Pasir Ris, I’ll think Chinatown is the obvious pricier one.

you really think so?

new launch in Robertsonquay not going for 2k while PSF when one north and PS8 at 2k PSF?

homechaser

Reaction score
###

That one can price very Low if they want to as the land price is unknown, but likely they will price at market, which is a no go according to one video I watched... location good, price reasonable but difficult to exit....

###
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I know which video bro..can take river taxi to your stop to avoid erp? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would also take all the news on transformation with a pinch of salt. Beauty World is more a rejuvenation than transformation as what some bros shared earlier.

GSW would probably take a long time, need to wait till the ports are all cleared, and planning is done.

Even PLB transformation is gg to take eons, after PLQ mall I haven’t seen any other planned transformation, and PLAB is only gg to move out in 2030.
Jus need to see punggol took how long. Critical mass hit many many yrs ago

bolster

Master Member
Reaction score
09_28_57_26-07-21_pr8_july.jpg

Leftover units hor. Similar to CCR resale price!!! OMG.

http://www.ytreporp.com/pricelist.php

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.