Path of Exile thread, the revival - Part 2

khroness

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
take leave also can not play at home.. might as well work and play at office.. lol

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
there are different type of difficulty.

1. Boss mechanic
2. Monster HP and DPS
3. Gearing Char
4. OP Skills / Items

so when they talked about POE difficulty, which type are they referring?
uh. from the video i remember they mentioned about mob/boss mechanics

but then i dun think they address about how more powerful the characters are after ascendancy.

i personally think some of the unique has got way too little drawbacks. all unique should have quite a bit of drawback to make sure players are aware what they are going into.

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Frame rate increases are most significant when there are a lot of entities in the scene. This means situations with large amounts of combat should have much more stable frame rates. Do not expect significant increases in frame rate in non-combat situations.

town lags still there. not surprised if newcomers quit within the first few acts.

For Cast on Critical Strike, Cast on Melee Kill, Mjölner, Null's Inclination and Cospri's Malice, only one skill can be triggered per trigger event. The damage of Cast on Critical Strike and Cast on Melee Kill has been increased, as described in "Active Skill Gem Balance" below.
interesting.

Earthquake's aftershock damage has been reduced from 60% more (at level 1, tapered upwards) to 50% more at all Levels. Its mana cost has been increased from 6 to 10. Its aftershock area of effect has been reduced by 12%. With the wide-ranging melee buffs and adjustment to Earthquake, we expect to see a much more balanced use of melee skills.

and i was planning to play this :(

The damage bonus of the Less Duration support gem has been reduced. At level 1, it has been reduced from 20% to 10%. At level 20, it has been reduced from 29% to 19%. Given the strong utility of this gem, it doesn't need a damage bonus that high.

:(

Pierce's mana multiplier has been increased from 110% to 130%. Its damage at high levels only has been reduced. Its damage at level 20 has been reduced from +29% to +19%. Given the strong utility of this gem, it doesn't need a damage bonus that high.

Vulpix's fav support gem :s13:

Voidheart: Its Chance on Melee Hit to Bleed has been lowered from 100% to (30% to 50%). Its Chance to Poison on Melee Hit has been lowered from 100% to (20% to 40%). We feel that this ring provided too much of a damage bonus for one non-weapon item slot.

cute

Zana League Mods Available During 2.4.0:
Level 6: Perandus (Cost: 4 Chaos Orbs, adds three Perandus Chests, chance for Cadiro to spawn)

how to even get coins?:s13:

Last edited:

kumgongkia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I never calculate wrong, reach dps from min 287, max 375 nerfed to min 224, max 297 about 21-22% less base dps. The max dps it can have is barely above the shittiest roll last time.

Its now a leveling bow, unless u get the top roll but even so a rare harbinger can easily outperform it dps-wise and crit-wise.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The trap/mine behaviour of Bladefall has been made more consistent with other traps/mines. The blades fall from the mine itself, not targeting the location where the monster is. (They will fall in the direction of the monster though).

This my frens.... is the deal breaker

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Zana League Mods Available During 2.4.0:
There's now explanatory hover text on the map mods that Zana offers, so that you can see this data in the game client.
Level 2: Invasion (Cost: 2 Chaos Orbs, +20% IIQ, adds one Invasion Boss/Pack)
Level 3: Beyond (Cost: 3 Chaos Orbs, +20% IIQ, Beyond)
Level 4: Anarchy (Cost: 3 Chaos Orbs, +20% IIQ, adds three Rogue Exiles)
Level 5: Torment (Cost: 3 Chaos Orbs, +20% IIQ, adds three Tormented Spirits)
Level 6: Perandus (Cost: 4 Chaos Orbs, adds three Perandus Chests, chance for Cadiro to spawn)
Level 7: Domination (Cost: 4 Chaos Orbs, adds three Shrines)
Level 8: Ambush (Cost: 4 Chaos Orbs, adds three Strongboxes)

all hail Beyond!! ALL HAIL BEYOND!!

oooooooooooh looky here, PERANDUS boyz

Last edited:

kumgongkia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Earthquake is still super powerful lah. Don't need to worry much. The old EQ used to one shot blue packs, now it will 2 shot blue packs instead. Really not a big deal.

huge nerf leh... smaller aoe, reduced duration gem lost dmg, the aftershock lost dmg as well

Vulpix

Reaction score
huge nerf leh... smaller aoe, reduced duration gem lost dmg, the aftershock lost dmg as well

I still think it's going to be fine. Not as powerful as the old one where everything can get one shot.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EQ and Icecrash should not be the be all end all for melee...

the trigger builds will be a bit less offensive on game performance, bring it a little more in line with manual cast too. The weakness of charges and needing momentum has always been there anyway

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.