 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Slavor

Reaction score
You can just tap, but the phone will take a second to authenticate your fingerprint or face. This extra time may annoy people so better to adjust press in advance.

need to launch apple pay before u can pay right? cannot do so by just tapping the phone right?

fitzerspaniel

Reaction score
Yeah for me I open up Apple Pay and authenticate first before scanning, so I don’t have to suffer delay issues

You can just tap, but the phone will take a second to authenticate your fingerprint or face. This extra time may annoy people so better to adjust press in advance.

Chips

Reaction score
yeah... i also found that watch is quite difficult. i think the watch face needs to touch the reader as the nfc is weak.
maybe use phone is easier.

ya same experience. I use watch I got a missing exit cos the watch showed done but the reader didn't react but phone wise so far so good speed is about the same as the physical card tapping

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
ya same experience. I use watch I got a missing exit cos the watch showed done but the reader didn't react but phone wise so far so good speed is about the same as the physical card tapping

use watch confirm will jam the queue... cannot everyday use watch.
u can still see the status on the watch? i can't see the watch screen and can't feel the vibration too... lol. can only depend on the gantry screen.

Slavor

Reaction score
Issue for me is that my mastercard is not my main card, so I rather use apple watch for transport and phone for purchases and I can set the default card accordingly.

Hopefully when Visa cards are accepted for ABT in June it is also extended to visa cards on apple pay.

use watch confirm will jam the queue... cannot everyday use watch.
u can still see the status on the watch? i can't see the watch screen and can't feel the vibration too... lol. can only depend on the gantry screen.

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just tried with my iPhone 7+, tap centre will kena error/won't read the phone. Offset the phone a little towards the sides of the pad should be ok. Tried 2-3 times during the entry, only 1 try for the exit.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Assumingly you're tapping on the top of the phone but not the Apple logo side, then ideal you shouldn't go all the way to slap your phone against the reader. Maintain a short distance away will help with the handshake.

Just tried with my iPhone 7+, tap centre will kena error/won't read the phone. Offset the phone a little towards the sides of the pad should be ok. Tried 2-3 times during the entry, only 1 try for the exit.

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Assumingly you're tapping on the top of the phone but not the Apple logo side, then ideal you shouldn't go all the way to slap your phone against the reader. Maintain a short distance away will help with the handshake.

Yup, I was tapping using the top of my phone. Will try to leave a bit of gap the next time, probably why my first few attempts failed. :crazy:

Last edited:

tec_geek

Reaction score
Registered on Friday and I’ve just tried it on my iPhone on a bus today. Works like a charm! Though I haven’t tried like a hybrid (MRT + bus) ride.

There wouldn’t be any transactions recorded in the Apple Pay wallet but just the usually tick that a transaction is successful.

The transaction with the Virtual Device logo.

4WnAomT.jpg

Slavor

Reaction score
I am still trying to find the best way to tap using the Apple watch. My entry today during peak hour failed at first, so paiseh.

PetPet

Reaction score
Just boarded my bus ride with Apple Pay on my watch.

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm I try testing on the Top up machine it says bank card supported but when I tried on bus (remote control style) like nothing happened.

VodkaPear

Reaction score
Weird. Today evening board bus at Yishun, fail again.

Morning have no issue on lrt/mrt and another bus service.

LOL.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Registered Monday evening but today still cannot use. It writes “Bank Card not supported”

Dingding6

Reaction score
Hmm I try testing on the Top up machine it says bank card supported but when I tried on bus (remote control style) like nothing happened.

same happen to me but at exit....no error or whatsoever

entry no problem, but exit i tried twice at 1 terminal nothing happen, then i switch to another terminal....then success......some hiccup.....

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same happen to me but at exit....no error or whatsoever

entry no problem, but exit i tried twice at 1 terminal nothing happen, then i switch to another terminal....then success......some hiccup.....
Lol I didn’t try again after initial attempt cos behind got ppl. Paiseh to block them for this. Tmr no ppl den try again.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.