 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

tec_geek

Reaction score
I feel if EZ-Link had picked up just like what PayLah or like a virtual wallet currently does and plus for transport, pretty sure that will be the standard cashless payment method.

(Taking and referencing from HK’s Octopus card)

Though I’m hoping YouTrip by EZ-Link can have Apple Pay and QR code function.

aztech44

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That card got 2 wallets. Ezlink and paypass. Need to use the GTM machine to select which wallet you wanna use.

You still need to add the mastercard onto the portal for authentication, regardless using Apple Pay or not.

Hi, whats GTM?

Means in GTM, i can select whether its paypass or ez link to be use?
For instance i wanna use as ez link. I will just select ez link and paypass is unavailable right?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a curious question. Maybe explained here before.

But if my mastercard/visa already using ABT.
Why can't I use my samsung pay with the same ABT card?

Does that mean every single gantry in Singapore has to have the information of every single card of every user?

Like when I was in London, I didn't even need to register anything, just use my samsung pay like a normal transaction.

If so, doesn't that mean I can try using Samsung pay on our gantries now even before April?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Faq will come out soon before April. Your questions will be listed there I guess..

You can use Samsung pay if your card is registered with portal.

Does that mean every single gantry in Singapore has to have the information of every single card of every user?

Like when I was in London, I didn't even need to register anything, just use my samsung pay like a normal transaction.

If so, doesn't that mean I can try using Samsung pay on our gantries now even before April?

fake_oranges

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SG is just silly

Register your contactless card online means you can only use the card.
Have to go down to register your Apple Pay and do it another time for you Apple Watch

Its a hassle to have the ez link card and taking credit card out is wear and tear. Much prefer to have Apple Pay

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah guys, I did use the trial previously and went down to city hall to register

I just wanted to understand the mechanics behind it.
Cause right now, it seems like the only way the gantry accepts my Samsung Pay is that I go register it come April.

Which makes zero sense from a technical standpoint given that the gantry has to almost instantaneously check if my phone is "registered"

And since the cards in your phones have a different virtual card number.
It just seems completely stupid and nearly impossible that that's gonna be the case.

fake_oranges

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am not a very smart man
But all the credit card terminals can readyily accept Apple Pay without we registering

Yeah guys, I did use the trial previously and went down to city hall to register

I just wanted to understand the mechanics behind it.
Cause right now, it seems like the only way the gantry accepts my Samsung Pay is that I go register it come April.

Which makes zero sense from a technical standpoint given that the gantry has to almost instantaneously check if my phone is "registered"

And since the cards in your phones have a different virtual card number.
It just seems completely stupid and nearly impossible that that's gonna be the case.

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am not a very smart man
But all the credit card terminals can readyily accept Apple Pay without we registering

That's kinda my point. So... Based on what you just said, what's stopping you from going to mrt/bus now and using your apple pay?

chinnian

Reaction score

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On April, the mastercard mobile payment does not require registration of device. You can just go ahead to register the physical card on portal for authentication, then be it Samsung/Apple/Google pay, u can just use it without further actions.

The above info has already been prematurely shared to all of you, but seems like most of you just pick snippets of the thread and continue the obsolete discussion.

Forget about what the steps for trial, like registering device at transitlink office. Cos all these will only be applicable to those who are on VISA mobile payment trial. Can not reveal too much about it for now.

Summary:

1) register physical mastercard on portal for authentication

2) proceed to use mobile payment on train/mrt after April launch date.

3) select the correct wallet if your physical card has cepas/paypass.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

chinnian

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Tried Apple Pay with registered MasterCard. Doesn't work so far. It's ok, will wait for official launch soon.

On April, the mastercard mobile payment does not require registration of device. You can just go ahead to register the physical card on portal for authentication, then be it Samsung/Apple/Google pay, u can just use it without further actions.

The above info has already been prematurely shared to all of you, but seems like most of you just pick snippets of the thread and continue the obsolete discussion.

Forget about what the steps for trial, like registering device at transitlink office. Cos all these will only be applicable to those who are on VISA mobile payment trial. Can not reveal too much about it for now.

Summary:

1) register physical mastercard on portal for authentication

2) proceed to use mobile payment on train/mrt after April launch date.

3) select the correct wallet if your physical card has cepas/paypass.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
You still need to add the mastercard onto the portal for authentication, regardless using Apple Pay or not.

https://www.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=2&id=882fef88-4e7f-4b71-9eee-a545b063a489
from the news article point 5, it stated that after april all mastercard cards can be used without registration.
point 8 mentioned that u add the card to portal so that u can track history and get push notifications (this is similar to other countries that we've discussed in this thread).
so i assume that after 4/4, we can just tap any mastercard cards or apple pay for bus/mrt. the portal is optional, just for usage tracking purpose.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.