 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am not sure, so far I only saw info from UOB. I think UOB only have 2 mastercard out of all their available cards.

according to the news, master cards in general are accepted, don't think is exclusive to UOB only.

however i guess the promotion is exclusive to UOB clients only?

chris888222

Reaction score
Considering that PayPass works very similarly to NFC payments on phones, I wonder if Apple/Android Pay will actually work on day one. Then the "official" implementation might be Express Transit.

Fellowes

Master Member
Reaction score
Considering that PayPass works very similarly to NFC payments on phones, I wonder if Apple/Android Pay will actually work on day one. Then the "official" implementation might be Express Transit.

When ABT works with Mastercard Paypass, then it should also work with Visa Paywave as well since they are both the same technology from EMV standards.

By "right" logicially speaking based on theory, Apple/Android/Samsung Pay integrated fully with our transport should work from the start as it emit the same NFC frequency when we accidentally put our phone near it. I think it a matter of time, just that we are slowly in adopting such technology as LTA haven't talk with these 3 major mobile solution manufacturers to enable it with the hardware/software side.

As you see London Tube (Apple Pay which is just pure NFC) and Japan FeliCa (Japan NFC system) work on their transport with Japan verison of their iPhone 7/7+ and even Korea (NFC T-money system) works with Samsung Pay on their Galaxy phones & Gear S2/S3 watches for transport and ATM withdraw (seen a lot in Korea drama)

Last edited:

chris888222

Reaction score
Got confirmation from Transitlink Admins on FB messenger that ABT will only work with physical cards at launch. No word on mobile yet.

Slavor

Reaction score
The graphic mentions it'll come later. Right now it's just a trial, so currently not supported.

this is good news, so if mstercard support it, can paying thru apple watch also can right?

Fellowes

Master Member
Reaction score
No difference with using ezReload ma, when value is low then auto topup. I'll stick to the ezReload.

It's the same logic for Mastercard and Ez-reload, therefore we are still behind countries like S.Korea.

When we can use our phone to tap (no need NFC SIM) purely via Apple/Android/Samsung Pay and smartwatch to tap (Apple watch & gear S3) then it's the real game changer, something that korea can do with Samsung Pay (even ATM withdraw as their ATM machine have NFC terminal) can do since 2014.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.