 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can use Apple on London Underground and public transport managed by transport for London.

thats interesting, unless the sg government ditches the cepas system, or else i don't see how apple pay will work.

actually if they allow credit cards on top of cepas will be great, but i think it is still too costly to deploy that.. :(

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ikGTWc4.jpg

Hoot iTunes card at a discount 10% and zap zap with Apple Pay

Discount until 12 June at challenger

karenwoods

Reaction score
Have to scan my Passion card (not linked to VISA or MC) before I make an apple pay transaction every time.
Is there a way to scan the Passion Card into the phone so that I don't have to take out the card everytime?

chris888222

Reaction score
Tried Apple Pay with my DBS Visa at Nam Nam Noodle Bar Suntec. Did not get through. Tried twice and both failed. Used cash eventually.

The reader did have the contactless icon.

i3o164

Reaction score
http://9to5mac.com/2016/06/03/apple-pay-uk-unlimited-value-purchases/#more-433357

PSA: Many UK retailers now allowing unlimited-value Apple Pay transactions

Apple Pay is arguably more useful in the UK than in Apple’s home market of the U.S. as contactless terminals have been in widespread use for many years – at least, in the bigger cities. But the standard £30 ($44) limit on contactless transactions has so far mostly been applied to Apple Pay too.

We knew a year ago that this was going to change over time, and it seems that rollout of the upgraded payment terminals has now reached many major retailers …

I referenced the limit in my latest Apple Watch Diary piece yesterday, and several commenters noted that they’d been able to make higher-value transactions. This is the case where a retailer has a card-reader that uses something called the Consumer Device Cardholder Verification Method. This technology distinguishes Apple Pay from standard contactless cards, and dispenses with the £30 limit.

Speaking to HSBC today, the bank wasn’t able to say how many retailers have installed the new systems, but tells me that “many major retailers” now use it.

The bad news is that there’s no list of supporting retailers, so the only way you can find out is by trying it. I was advised that you should inform the store that you want to pay with Apple Pay, and the clerk should know whether or not higher-value transactions are supported.

If you successfully use Apple Pay for purchases of over £30, please let us know the name of the retailer in the comments so that we can establish our own list.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
thats interesting, unless the sg government ditches the cepas system, or else i don't see how apple pay will work.

actually if they allow credit cards on top of cepas will be great, but i think it is still too costly to deploy that.. :(

i have posted few times already... pilot test end of this yr. :D

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ess-bank-cards-to-pay-for-bus-and-train-rides
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/use-of-credit-debit-cards/2562230.html

sibeiinthedreamzone

Reaction score
I used it at Muji (Ion Orchard) today and it worked!

I guess everyone can just try Apple Pay at any contactless readers you encounter. If it works and the store is not currently listed on the Apple Pay (SG) webpage, do share the store name here!

rohitntu

Reaction score

Surprised Singapore is behind London in this. Usually we are way ahead in other technologies.

It will great to just pay using Apple Pay in MRT and buses.

They need to make a law to force the cabbies to accept Visa too. It's stupid right now that they don't. Such a hassle for visitors and for locals too.

colincjw

Reaction score
Hey guys, can someone help me verify this? When Apple Pay charges, does it charge in USD or SGD?

I made an Uber trip earlier and it charged me in SGD

jace88

Reaction score
They need to make a law to force the cabbies to accept Visa too. It's stupid right now that they don't. Such a hassle for visitors and for locals too.

I have to admit this is one of my favourite parts of using GrabTaxi and GrabPay.

chris888222

Reaction score
Surprised Singapore is behind London in this. Usually we are way ahead in other technologies.

It will great to just pay using Apple Pay in MRT and buses.

Or rather, they should make taxi companies absorb those credit card surcharges. It's ridiculous. Most cabs I've been in are willing to take CCs but warned me of the extra charges.

ashhong

Reaction score
Didn't know there will be surcharge on CC using on taxi but über and grab no surcharge right when using cc card

there is no surcharge from uber and grab. but there will be a currency conversion fee from the bank so you might want to check the bank fee if you use credit card for uber and grab because the fare are charged overseas using sgd.

therefore the overcome this issue, i used paypal as the middleman for paying all my uber fare.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.