 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Delete old card. Enter new card. I mean, how hard is that? New card have a diff CCV so just delete and add a new one.

It's not hard to add another card but dun give the wrong info if u're unsure . Old card in my Apple wallet still works after I activated my new cc

yup petty blue is right. no need to delete and add new card details if its a replacement card with same card number. the new expiry date and cvv of the replacement card will be auto updated by the issuing bank.

contacted and confirmed by dbs bank.

Interesting to know too no need data but need data for bank to Noticfication u how I much I spend ?

data is needed if you want to receive notification or view your transactions. but no data needed for the transaction itself.

i used SCB Singpost Apple Pay to pay for Uber. My receipt indicated fare of $6.40. I was billed USD 4.73 which translated to $6.63. Why was my bill in USD? Is it because I used Apple Pay?

there is no separate billing line for the DCC charge..

there is no seperate DCC billing line for credit card statements. the charge is incorporated into the final amount.

spidercyj

Master Member
Reaction score
i used SCB Singpost Apple Pay to pay for Uber. My receipt indicated fare of $6.40. I was billed USD 4.73 which translated to $6.63. Why was my bill in USD? Is it because I used Apple Pay?

there is no separate billing line for the DCC charge..

Uber payment account is not in Sijgapore but in Netherlands.

That means that you are effectively using your credit card to pay for a service overseas and have to borne the overseas charge hence your receipt and the actual amount deduct will be slightly different.

Riding with Uber? Read fine print on extra charges, Singapore ...
http://goo.gl/jAnrZw

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
It's not hard to add another card but dun give the wrong info if u're unsure . Old card in my Apple wallet still works after I activated my new cc

uTKrmY8.jpg

That is good to know it's auto! I'm not giving the wrong info, since you are unsure then just add and remove. Of cos, if you are lazy, nothing to say. :D

Last edited:

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
already proven not work at some popular branch.
no one use the term apple pay or samsung pay when rejected.
pls read carefully our posts before reply.

You are very funny, keep asking people to read carefully when our experience differs from yours. So you are the only one who is right based on your experience.

I also had people rejecting me at a MacD outlet but you don't see me proclaiming that Mac don't accept Apple Pay.

Am just sharing my own experience, with others who share similar experience, that it works in Popular. Whether the cashier allows it is another matter all together.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
You are very funny, keep asking people to read carefully when our experience differs from yours. So you are the only one who is right based on your experience.

I also had people rejecting me at a MacD outlet but you don't see me proclaiming that Mac don't accept Apple Pay.

Am just sharing my own experience, with others who share similar experience, that it works in Popular. Whether the cashier allows it is another matter all together.

i think u have misunderstood the post.
the post is to reply your previous post that taught us to say paywave (don't say apple pay) then take out phone, this sure works and won't get rejected by cashier.
so i replied that this method won't work at some branches.
"won't work" here does not mean apple pay won't work. it refers to "say paywave then take out phone" won't work, u still get rejected by cashier.

btw, the cashier did say apple pay may work at their terminal, but just that management told them not to accept. this was mentioned in older posts.
all the while we were discussing abt some popular cashiers refuse to accept apple pay, and saying paywave also won't work if u proceed to take out phone. and this only happens at some popular branch, not all.

Last edited:

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
Uber payment account is not in Sijgapore but in Netherlands.

That means that you are effectively using your credit card to pay for a service overseas and have to borne the overseas charge hence your receipt and the actual amount deduct will be slightly different.

Riding with Uber? Read fine print on extra charges, Singapore ...
http://goo.gl/jAnrZw
i know about that article and cross border charges but that typically amts to 1% which is still relatively small. Mine was a hefty 3.6%! Uber receipt showed $6.40 but I was billed $6.63 instead. Funny thing is they showed the USD amount that was charged, so I suspect it was processed as a foreign currency transaction (thus incurring the VISA exchange rate fees as well as the bank fees)

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
already proven not work at some popular branch.
no one use the term apple pay or samsung pay when rejected.
pls read carefully our posts before reply.

okie so u expect me to go thru 55 pages just to find popular branch don't work with Apple Pay when my post clearly stated i told the casher that i want to use paywave and pay?

after which when i took out my phone, they stop me.

oh btw i didn't know u own this forum.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
okie so u expect me to go thru 55 pages just to find popular branch don't work with Apple Pay when my post clearly stated i told the casher that i want to use paywave and pay?

i quoted your post because u same as me. both of us say "pay by paywave then take out phone and got rejected".
i quoted a few posts, some say can use, some say rejected by cashier. so i'm actually agreeing to your post that we say paywave (never say apple pay) the cashier still refuse to accept.

so the conclusion is that some popular bookstores allow, some branch don't allow. let's stop here no need to argue anymore.

sengkangboy

Reaction score
got a call from OCBC bank, say the number of transactions exceeded the monthly limit. no wonder everything got rejected/declined after. I initially thought it was terminal error.

I think they missed out this consideration when they prepare for Apple Pay. i.e number of transactions will go up significantly.

I use about 4-5 times everyday..so now i have over 100 transaction items on the monthly statement usually. :s22:

IamBeeP

Reaction score
got a call from OCBC bank, say the number of transactions exceeded the monthly limit. no wonder everything got rejected/declined after. I initially thought it was terminal error.

I think they missed out this consideration when they prepare for Apple Pay. i.e number of transactions will go up significantly.

I use about 4-5 times everyday..so now i have over 100 transaction items on the monthly statement usually. :s22:

may i know whats the number of transactions allowed per month?

chris888222

Reaction score

There's a limit on the number of transactions??

Usually I thought will just be credit limit

karenwoods

Reaction score

Why is there a limit to the number of transactions per month? Or are you referring to credit limit?

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

oh btw i didn't know u own this forum.

ya i was told uber use USD
grab still change locally currency

chris888222

Reaction score
Used Apple Pay for grocery shopping at Giant and food with deliveroo in-app. All Super fast and efficient.

Besides hawker food and public transport, I think Apple Pay can almost replace my wallet liao.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.