 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

eha

Reaction score
Used Apple Pay for grocery shopping at Giant and food with deliveroo in-app. All Super fast and efficient.

Besides hawker food and public transport, I think Apple Pay can almost replace my wallet liao.

If we select Apple Pay, are we able to select the card (if we have a few) for the payment or it's selected to default card for payment?

chris888222

Reaction score
If we select Apple Pay, are we able to select the card (if we have a few) for the payment or it's selected to default card for payment?

For deliveroo it chooses the default card.

Not sure about other apps though.

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Used Apple Pay for grocery shopping at Giant and food with deliveroo in-app. All Super fast and efficient.

Besides hawker food and public transport, I think Apple Pay can almost replace my wallet liao.

Waiting for it to allow me to draw money from ATM too

ashhong

Reaction score
got a call from OCBC bank, say the number of transactions exceeded the monthly limit. no wonder everything got rejected/declined after. I initially thought it was terminal error.

I think they missed out this consideration when they prepare for Apple Pay. i.e number of transactions will go up significantly.

I use about 4-5 times everyday..so now i have over 100 transaction items on the monthly statement usually. :s22:

i didn't expect that there will be a transaction limited as what is important is that we are still within our credit limit.

i would suppose they could increase the limit for you? perhaps the limit is there so reduce fraud?

PetPet

Reaction score
Sorry hor, iPhone also can hor, yesterday my phone accidently touch the NFC at the Ez-Link card reader on the bus it ask me to touch ID to pay

You can't use Apple Pay for Ez-Link yet.
Androids can, due to NFC SIM Cards.

There's no point in the OS war here.
Both side stands to benefit so long more people hop on to the NFC payment bandwagon.
More users = more demand for terminals.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry hor, iPhone also can hor, yesterday my phone accidently touch the NFC at the Ez-Link card reader on the bus it ask me to touch ID to pay

If u can produce a pictorial evidence to show it works, then you shall be believed.

As what others suggested, it will not work for sure.

chris888222

Reaction score
You can't use Apple Pay for Ez-Link yet.
Androids can, due to NFC SIM Cards.

There's no point in the OS war here.
Both side stands to benefit so long more people hop on to the NFC payment bandwagon.
More users = more demand for terminals.
Sometimes his posts are really annoying.

It has been confirmed numerous times that public transport won't work with Apple Pay even when the payment prompt is up.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
he is posting for the sake of posting.. just look at all his recent posts.. he claims that only M1 have VoLTE service. lol

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
has any Singaporean here with Apple Pay activated tried using Apple Pay in China/UK/US? does it work seamlessly in those countries?

apple pay is not restricted for use in those countries only.. i have used apple pay and samsung pay in malaysia / thailand / korea. it will work as long as there is a contactless / nfc payment terminal.

of cos beforehand pls confirm with your card issuing banks that the card parameters are ok for overseas use.

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
with the introduction of Android Pay.

i wonder if there is a proper term for all these contactless payment. or are we still going by the Visa Paywave route?:crazy:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i wonder if there is a proper term for all these contactless payment. or are we still going by the Visa Paywave route?:crazy:

Would you explain a bit for your question? I'm unsure of what you are referring to?

tec_geek

Reaction score

Maybe 'pay by phone'? But by saying the respective contactless payments mode would be easier for you and the cashier which they would need to sometimes select from their side too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.